List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t think who else might be tradable for Trac. DeGoey is a gun but has he hit his ceiling too?

As for our first pick, will we end up trading it next year for points to get McGuane?
If we can’t find or provide anyone suitable for the trade then we don’t do it imo

We should have went for hogan when we had a chance
He was never ever going to come to a football state, it was a northern team or bust. I wish people would stop pretending like we ever had a chance at getting him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could have had Riccardi but went with the usual slow small players like Randall and Bianco.
We could have still had him after those two. Trading the pick we should have used on him to GWS so they could grab him is something I’ll never understand.

Is the latter stuff significantly improvable
No. He’s not Mitchell clean inside and doesn’t seem to get first hands often. I’m still left with questions and I’d hate to be making the list call on that group of 4 (Sullivan, Macrae, Long and Bytel) post 2024.

No. He’s not Mitchell clean inside and doesn’t seem to get first hands often. I’m still left with questions and I’d hate to be making the list call on that group of 4 (Sullivan, Macrae, Long and Bytel) post 2024.
I wouldn't keep any of them.

Ship them all except Long imo.

Long has big deficiencies, but his size and aggression is a point of difference.

Sullivan and Bytel aren’t up to the level and aren’t getting any better. Macrae unlikely but maybe holds on for another 12 months as playable depth. Persevere with Long another year due to his age/experience/upside IMO, though I’m not entirely sold on him either.

I hurt every time Morris goes near it.

What a great pick Lohman was at end of first round

These two guys make me more inclined to try to trade next year’s first into this year’s first - two late firsts or a first and high second for our first?

I tend to agree. Hopefully we can pick up some cheap fringe players that are a bit better
Yep. I don't mind the SSP move. But I think you've got to churn through them to find a keeper. Gave us better depth than we would have had with 18 year old late picks, but we'll be able to pick up the same at worst standard again, with the hope of a bit better. They're good VFL players.

Last edited:
I hurt every time Morris goes near it.

What a great pick Lohman was at end of first round

These two guys make me more inclined to try to trade next year’s first into this year’s first - two late firsts or a first and high second for our first?
I'd do it if the draft is as deep as people say (not sure if another club would though, but would probably look for a late first and a future second - depending on how high we think McGuane projects.

Yep. I don't mind the SSP move. But I think you've got to churn through them to find a keeper. Gave us better depth than we would have had with 18 year old late picks, but we'll be able to pick up the same at worst standard again, with the hope of a bit better.
I’d be looking outside the existing pathways - get away from players who have been at other clubs.
Look in the local and country leagues for missed talent

I’d be looking outside the existing pathways - get away from players who have been at other clubs.
Look in the local and country leagues for missed talent

I'd stick with the state leagues. It's at least a proven pathway for some overlooked guys who've come good.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back