List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Sadly he is the embodiment of an unfulfilled talent. He is a shadow of the player he was in late 2022.

I don’t think he’ll ever recover from the unfair barrage he received on social media earlier in the year.
Agreed. That was a brutal barrage.
What about Ash Johnson to Richmond for a 3rd/4th rounder this year or next. We could use that pick for F/S points. He might be reasonable depth for them up forward as they have Lynch (32), Koschitzke (injury prone), Cumberland (meh), Lefau (26 next year).

Agreed. That was a brutal barrage.
What about Ash Johnson to Richmond for a 3rd/4th rounder this year or next. We could use that pick for F/S points. He might be reasonable depth for them up forward as they have Lynch (32), Koschitzke (injury prone), Cumberland (meh), Lefau (26 next year).
Imagine a triple threat forward line of Jacob Koschitzke, Noah Cumberland and Ash Johnson. Get the Benny Hill music rolling

Lefau is a jet though. Great find by them

Seriously mate. That was on the Rumor Board about Harley Reid a couple of months ago. If you are going to tell a BS story make sure that you get it from another site.
You're right. Next time I won't use a well known joke meme that's been circulating the internet for about 10 years.

We'd probably get a "you keep him" in return. I can't see anyone wanting him. We might have to keep him
I think Macrae would be close to that too - although the recruiting journos are saying some interest regarding him. I'm not convinced that translates to enough interest to offer a contract to.

Last edited:
There is no doubting Lynch’s ability. He will continue to be a 2-2.5 goal a game player which is better than Mihocek and McStay. The doubt is with his durability.

I would only entertain it as a goodwill trade by Richmond where they let him go for nothing. Wouldn’t want to trade a usable pick for him at his age with his injury history. If it’s Lynch for a 3rd rounder vs Membrey for free for example, I’d go with Membrey.

It’s future 1st so they’d be hoping pick 10-12 in 2025 instead of pick 4. There is just no way I’m involving pick 4 in a deal for Lukocious under any circumstances.

Lukocious is also owed $2m over the next 2 seasons which is approximately $1m more than he’s worth and if he’s a valuable defender come forward why would GC entertain moving him? The reality is he’s an overpaid, flanker, who can be flaky and is on the edge of selection with a bottom 10 club.

For a player comparison in a straight swap he’s worth less than Keane, IMO, because of his salary. Take the salary component out and he’s a minor upgrade.
"The reality is he’s an overpaid, flanker"

Is that rhyming slang??

Based on recent output, Membrey would be a better option than Kreuger and Johnson imo.
Tigers supporters are hoping after a strong preseason they get 15 games out of Lynch.
Not so sure he’s a good idea - rather Peter Wright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on recent output, Membrey would be a better option than Kreuger and Johnson imo.
Tigers supporters are hoping after a strong preseason they get 15 games out of Lynch.
Not so sure he’s a good idea - rather Peter Wright.
we should have gone after Wright the first time he was available.

we should have gone after Wright the first time he was available.
I am pretty sure Twomey said that Wright's contract was attached to a bit of money, maybe Essendon want to clear him off the books but I don't really see which other key forwards Essendon have.

Lynch has played less games then McStay the past 2 years, why would we bother?

A Richmond friend calls Lynch and Dusty ‘part-time’ footballers, so little have they been seen over the last couple of years. And both still on huge salaries (north of $1m). At least Dusty has retired since she made that remark.

A fit Lynch would be remarkable for us - but buyer beware of his capacity to get on the paddock.

Nicks mentioned yesterday Keane told him he is committed and wants to stay in 2025.
Is there something wrong with Keane? Does he keep changing his mind?

Or maybe it’s the footy media with the wrong intel - I’d be shocked if that was the case.

🧐

Is there something wrong with Keane? Does he keep changing his mind?

Or maybe it’s the footy media with the wrong intel - I’d be shocked if that was the case.

🧐
No idea. But he said he's had enough conversations with Keane, that he is confident he wants to be there. And he expects him to be there next year.

No idea. But he said he's had enough conversations with Keane, that he is confident he wants to be there. And he expects him to be there next year.
That’s very different to saying that Keane has told him he’s committed and wants to be there. Your first post sounded like it was a genuine commitment, this one sounds like PR talk by Nicks because he’s not sure if they’ll be able to keep Keane.

That’s very different to saying that Keane has told him he’s committed and wants to be there. Your first post sounded like it was a genuine commitment, this one sounds like PR talk by Nicks because he’s not sure if they’ll be able to keep Keane.
I watched the presser and he said that he's had multiple chats with Keane and he's confident he wants to be there. I think Nicks would be quite disappointed if he left in contract

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back