List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Can confirm I am not MoM lmao

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app
disney classic GIF

Wonder if he’ll ever get to those Nick Riewoldt numbers 😅
Future 1st + Moore + Elliott. There were so many zingers! I’m not at the same point yet, but Philippou would want to bounce back in 2025 or he’ll be trending in the same direction. The lesson for me is be wary of high end SA draftees because their system is very different to ours in Victoria.

I do find the Richards situation an interesting one. Port know he's not an UFA so a trade needs to be done, we've put a deal in front of him, and they've shown their hand and offered him 4 years.

It makes for an interesting discussion at the trade table - Port will obviously try to push his value down in negotiations, however Pies will point at the fact offering him a 4 year deal means they rate him somewhat highly. For reference only Rozzee and Marshall will be on longer term deals with Port if Joey signs that contract, with a few others joining him in renewing in 2028.

COLLINGWOOD

The Magpies are a bit hamstrung.

They don’t have a first-round pick to play with and don’t have a lot of salary cap space.

But if they could somehow swing it, Jack Lukosius would look good in black and white.

Collingwood needs to add to its key forward stocks.

Mason Cox is 33, Brody Mihocek is 31 and Ash Johnson and Nathan Kreuger aren’t the answer.

Collingwood must get in the conversation for Lukosius, who has two years to run on a contract at the Gold Coast Suns but has been playing VFL in recent weeks.

Alternatively, the Magpies could look to a money-ball option like out-of-contract Fremantle forward Sam Sturt.

A Victorian who has lacked opportunity with the Dockers, he could fit in nicely as a third-tall option alongside Mihocek and Dan McStay.

The Magpies could also look to bolster their midfield stocks and have reportedly shown interest in Adelaide’s Sam Berry, but I suspect he stays at the Crows.

COLLINGWOOD

The Magpies are a bit hamstrung.

They don’t have a first-round pick to play with and don’t have a lot of salary cap space.

But if they could somehow swing it, Jack Lukosius would look good in black and white.

Collingwood needs to add to its key forward stocks.

Mason Cox is 33, Brody Mihocek is 31 and Ash Johnson and Nathan Kreuger aren’t the answer.

Collingwood must get in the conversation for Lukosius, who has two years to run on a contract at the Gold Coast Suns but has been playing VFL in recent weeks.

Alternatively, the Magpies could look to a money-ball option like out-of-contract Fremantle forward Sam Sturt.

A Victorian who has lacked opportunity with the Dockers, he could fit in nicely as a third-tall option alongside Mihocek and Dan McStay.

The Magpies could also look to bolster their midfield stocks and have reportedly shown interest in Adelaide’s Sam Berry, but I suspect he stays at the Crows.

Port Adelaide is having a go at luring across Collingwood small forward Joe Richards, but on a potential three-year deal rather than the four years which has been reported.
Wonder what the actual offer is? A potential 3 year offer is very different to 4 years. That could mean 2 years with triggers, probably putting it not to far off what we would be offering, dollars aside.

It's funny the opinion on JL. Kicked 39 goals last year in the regular season, no finals, bottom 8 side. Again this year, played as a defender half the time and still kicked 20 + so far in a side which is a bottom 8 team. Beautiful skills and is an athlete. I would take him tomorrow but no chance!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that our season is winding down, & the rumours start flying thick & fast, could I request that posters be a bit more vigilant at giving the source (or ideally url) for their news & rumours?
I know quite a few do this already - just asking that we all keep the thread clear of the worst stuff.

Last edited:
He was always a fwd, but they’ve chosen to play him elsewhere believing they have better options.

He is the closest thing to Jack Watts I have seen.

Early pick.
Elite skills.
Good Fwd or Back not great.
Goes missing way to much.

They are even the same height.

It's funny the opinion on JL. Kicked 39 goals last year in the regular season, no finals, bottom 8 side. Again this year, played as a defender half the time and still kicked 20 + so far in a side which is a bottom 8 team. Beautiful skills and is an athlete. I would take him tomorrow but no chance!

Will Haywood has kicked 38 this year.

Mabior Chol has kicked 33 from 20 games.

It's about consistency.

Macrae is contracted for next season is he not?

Does that mean he can't be de-listed now or he can and we simply have to pay him out an agreed amount?

Could that amount be included in this years cap if we had the space available?

I had kept the faith until this season but my faith has run out.

He's 22, give him one more pre-season and an actual look in at AFL level and you never know what might happen.

If we apply the same logic to the rest of the team in terms of not working to meet expectations (this year) then we'll have like 20 players to select from weekly next year, it's harder to excel as a new player coming in at AFL level when pretty much everyone else around you is having a down year.

Last edited:
I think we'll need more than 1 2nd rounder for mcguane with the change in rules and points. Most likely will need multiple picks in the 20's and 30's at least. So I think only way to use our 1st is to get more points.

The chatter is that clubs will need to use a first round pick to match any bid earlier in the first round.

DVI points decay also set to increase noticeably making it much harder to bank later picks to match early bids, could even be the constraint that forces use of a first round pick to match an earlier first round bid.

Rules set to be clarified before this year's trade period, mechanics still to be worked out but they're both pretty strong themes coming out of discussions so far, if reports are to be believed.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back