List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Reef has really only played forward for a considerable time and he has been servicable. Was a very good mid at under 18s level and looks good when he has pinched hit there.
We are now playing him down back where he can match up on taller/smaller players and with a bit of development take advantage of his speed breaking away from defence.

Issue has been his tank. Do you use him on and off bench in bursts in the middle e.g Burns/Swan.

If I wanted to beat Swans that last quarter he would have been my ultimate sub as his pace would have been able to keep up with Warner/Heeney and create more pressure around stoppage. They made us look slow.

I am not over rating him. But players like him are rare. He might be the quickest on our list he is 190cm plus. He has the ability to win the ball out of the middle. He has been ok as a leading forward averaging more than a goal a game this year.

What if we get Condon and he wins every tap out. McInness, Allan and Daicos running onto lose balls will be hard to stop.

He is a player you stick with particularly watching Hawthorn's use of bigger bodies and he is very similar to Hawks utlity Conor Nash who is now 26 and gone from Dud to good AFL player.

I hope you’re right! We need some wins on the development front.

But how can his tank still be so poor after four pre-seasons? If it’s still bad now it’s surely never going to good enough to play midfield at senior level. The Swan/Burns comparison is terrible - those two could run all day and accumulate huge possession numbers, whilst hitting the scoreboard too.

As a forward Reef has shown glimpses but never the break-out game needed to show everyone that he can be relied upon to play as a Best 23 forward. He has never looked instinctive as a forward to me.

So, the way I see it, playing him down back is not about broadening him as a player, it’s more like the last roll of the dice. If he doesn’t make it as a HB flanker, then I think it might be the end of the road. I do however think this is his best chance. There’s much less natural instinct needed to play in defence.

More broadly, we can’t afford to have a 5,6,7 year project players. They need to develop faster than that or be moved on. Especially when they’re selected with relatively high draft picks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Rumours on the Carlton boards that Adelaide, Port & the Blues are super keen on Jakob Ryan.
It wouldn't surprise me if we traded him.

Another bomb of a draft.

If you start as sub and want to elevate yourself into the starting line-up then you need to impress in whatever time on ground you’ve been given. Guys like Harrison and Richards have seized their moments. Macrae and McInnes haven’t. And in several cases Macrae started in the 22 and was then subbed off. That’s really blowing your chance.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure what more Reef can do

He's a tall midfielder being forced to play forward and has been used mostly as the sub and kicked basically a goal a game

Not sure what people are expecting. I personally don't think we're developing him well at all and quite frankly think he's doing extremely well under the circumstances.

He's a tall midfielder being forced to play forward and has been used mostly as the sub and kicked basically a goal a game

Not sure what people are expecting. I personally don't think we're developing him well at all and quite frankly think he's doing extremely well under the circumstances.
He's only been sub 3/9 times this year, not "mostly", which is entirely fair as he isn't an established 22 player

People have been harping on the same way about Macrae. They're not hard done by, they're good depth options that get opportunities when best 23 players are out.

You don't just hand players that arent in your best team games for the sake of it if you don't need to

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rumours on the Carlton boards that Adelaide, Port & the Blues are super keen on Jakob Ryan.
It wouldn't surprise me if we traded him.
Crows are a basket case, Port board has the sack Hinkley thread part 25, according to blues flogs Collingwood have no youth coming through.

Yep, almost as many as Shultz despite being a sub in majority of the games....
And about a tenth the defensive output. If only kicking goals was all that mattered for forwards!

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

Like an ex moving on with a new partner anyone still holding a flame for McInnes the mid needs to let it go!

Let’s for a minute play a game where we assume that the club both have access to more information than us and know more about what to do with said information. You don’t find it curious that after 4 years they’re yet to come to the same realisation as yourself? He isn’t mobile enough to be an AFL mid and literally has one trait, pace, which he’s never used in a senior match. There might be a role for him on a list somewhere, or even Collingwood, it’s just not as a mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More like I'm playing at Melbourne this year so everyone who put their small minds to work and devoted heaps of time to me moving, sucked in!!!
I'm baffled at the people who tell others on here not to talk about trades because they probably won't happen. You do realise that we enjoy it and it's harmless fun, yeah? And what are you gaining out of coming on here and raining on people's parade? Baffling.

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

Like an ex moving on with a new partner anyone still holding a flame for McInnes the mid needs to let it go!

Let’s for a minute play a game where we assume that the club both have access to more information than us and know more about what to do with said information. You don’t find it curious that after 4 years they’re yet to come to the same realisation as yourself? He isn’t mobile enough to be an AFL mid and literally has one trait, pace, which he’s never used in a senior match. There might be a role for him on a list somewhere, or even Collingwood, it’s just not as a mid.
Nope, last month in the VFL has been playing as a mid a defender with a small amount forward, do the research and your opinion might carry more weight. Why would the club play him there if as you say they know what they're doing. Post reeks of someone who hasn't watched one second of the magoos

Ryan was on the emg list for this game so clearly slowly moving up in the pecking order.
He has 2 years left on his contract and only 20. I wouldn't be trading him.
They see him long term player just like Allan. Both given an extension before either played a game.

I wouldn't be trading anyone under 23 given our aging list unless they wanted to leave.

Just needs a strong preseason and some consistency. Has had an up and down year with injury, but last few weeks has shown why he was drafted. Getting back into pre- concussion form.
There was talk that we were going to take him with our first pick in the 2022 draft until Ed Allan slipped through.
He's still very young, but we must have seen something in him.

Nope, last month in the VFL has been playing as a mid a defender with a small amount forward, do the research and your opinion might carry more weight. Why would the club play him there if as you say they know what they're doing. Post reeks of someone who hasn't watched one second of the magoos
He showed flashes v Sydney through the middle, but like his time at senior level that’s all we ever see. Your post also reeks of someone squirming about the calls you made earlier this year which are 100% coming back up during trade week like the garbage you spew toward people on here 👍

Could we make it a Jack Bowes deal?
Problem is that I don't think the Tigers need the cash with Dusty retiring. We might be able to get him with a pick 70 if we pay most of his contract. But I can't see the Tigers even needing to off load him unless they pick up a few expensive players this trade season.

Problem is that I don't think the Tigers need the cash with Dusty retiring. We might be able to get him with a pick 70 if we pay most of his contract. But I can't see the Tigers even needing to off load him unless they pick up a few expensive players this trade season.
They’ll end up with about 400 draft picks this year

And about a tenth the defensive output. If only kicking goals was all that mattered for forwards!
Agree, tell this to the ones that bring up Shultz being our second highest goal kicker for the year as justification of the utterly atrocious price we paid for him 😆

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back