List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the days of Kreugs (sadly) may be numbered along with Ash (Ash we knew)

I really like the way Fly spoke - it's not his job to recruit but he will be putting pressure on those that it is their job, to get us another marking forward.

In a nice way he has put everyone on notice.

You would think it is a player that is fairly durable (given he referred to McStay and Checkers not being available) - so that rules out Lynch, Mitch Lewis and probably Max King.

Is Naughton gettable? Naughton could be THE MAN at Collingwood rather than the third forward at the Dogs. Or is there a Dog at VFL level that can't get a look in?

If we want to add a w***er with forward talent then Stringer might be obtainable at half the price of Lynch.

Surprisingly 18 months younger and kicked 40 goals in 22 games this season.

Lynch has played 8 games and kicked 10 goals over the 23/24 seasons.

Like others have noted unless a top 10 pick comes attached no way are you touching him given the salary and recent injury history.

Stringer is the perfect player for Essendon. Lazy, chooses when they want to try, goes missing but occasionally has a day out to convince their supporters they should be a top 8 team.

He doesn’t fit in with our max pressure max effort style, plus his on field demeanour and behaviour. It’s why Ginnivan got shown the door.

Because Port is clearly offering a better deal and he’ll most likely leave. Its the best pick they have and he isn’t best 22.

It wouldn't be a big money contract, more the length of 4 years. We hopefully will add another year to our offer, to make it worthwhile for him to stay....

Possible. Unlikely but doable.
I'd keep Richards package Macrae and McInnes for a third/possible late 2nd.
Gives a 1st and 3rd/late 2nd.
Trade AJ for a bag of chips.
Gives 3 selections and essentially cuts 3 players.
Trade out any kids who won't make it/anyone surplus/ a Markov/frampton type.
That way you have some picks this year have a crack with the old boys next year.
Than if it goes to shit/everyone Than retires bare bones structure is there for a rebuild type thing with some kids and picks.
That's what I'd do.
Only funky things I can think of are
Trade de goey if you want a lekuious type/first
Possible Trade mcreery or do a dees and admit you made the wrong call on Schultz and get some return back.
A core of Moore Maynard iq daicos x2 degooey (if kept) Hill and Cameron is still good enough for finals. Need to be creative with the rest.
And ffs no more futures trading or 1st trades unless it's a bont heeney type.
I'm in the no for a very unlikely 29 petracca trade

Lukosius I wouldn’t mind getting if we pull off getting the Lions 1st pick. That should be more than enough considering he has been dropped. Early 2nd rd could get it done.

He could be an alright Howe replacement as 3rd defender and occasional forward.

Because Port is clearly offering a better deal and he’ll most likely leave. Its the best pick they have and he isn’t best 22.
He’s not a free agent and we want to keep him
Not worth trading for worthless picks
A player swap however might be worth it
Houston for Richards, Johnson and 2nd

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

Like an ex moving on with a new partner anyone still holding a flame for McInnes the mid needs to let it go!

Let’s for a minute play a game where we assume that the club both have access to more information than us and know more about what to do with said information. You don’t find it curious that after 4 years they’re yet to come to the same realisation as yourself? He isn’t mobile enough to be an AFL mid and literally has one trait, pace, which he’s never used in a senior match. There might be a role for him on a list somewhere, or even Collingwood, it’s just not as a mid.
There may be reasons to doubt his ability to play mid - but IMO mobility is not it.

He’s just as mobile as Ed, and you only have to look at some of the ground ball gets and resulting snap goals he’s kicked as validation that’s it not an issue. That agility under pressure has been a surprise for a player of his size.

When it kicks in that he has to live in Adelaide, he might turn it down (jokes - for anyone that lives in Adelaide)

I reckon given the age of our list there is Best 22 and available best 22. Richards would get a proper look in, if he stayed.

I really like the way Fly spoke - it's not his job to recruit but he will be putting pressure on those that it is their job, to get us another marking forward.

You would think it is a player that is fairly durable (given he referred to McStay and Checkers not being available) - so that rules out Lynch, Mitch Lewis and probably Max King.

Is Naughton gettable? Naughton could be THE MAN at Collingwood rather than the third forward at the Dogs. Or is there a Dog at VFL level that can't get a look in?
I see it a bit differently sorry, and I love fly.

Going public and putting pressure is when the list management team make rash decisions and likely over pay for players.

You’ve got to be prepared to walk away from a deal/trade if the price is too high and I hope this pressure to trade players in doesn't result in us giving up important capital, especially effecting our draft hand for 2025, when we need points for a couple of FS/NGA players

Good size, pace, can kick well both sides, intercepts, and reads the play well.
Last few VFL games he’s been very good.
Sound like the sort of player we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugle Hagan, Darcy, Naughton, Jordan Croft. They can’t all play in the same team unless Naughton goes down back then Lobb is pushed out.

Croft is the one worth the look at.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Stringer is the perfect player for Essendon. Lazy, chooses when they want to try, goes missing but occasionally has a day out to convince their supporters they should be a top 8 team.

He doesn’t fit in with our max pressure max effort style, plus his on field demeanour and behaviour. It’s why Ginnivan got shown the door.
Stringer seems to play the big moments against us, will have trouble doing that playing in our VFL team. :think:

I see it a bit differently sorry, and I love fly.

Going public and putting pressure is when the list management team make rash decisions and likely over pay for players.

You’ve got to be prepared to walk away from a deal/trade if the price is too high and I hope this pressure to trade players in doesn't result in us giving up important capital, especially effecting our draft hand for 2025, when we need points for a couple of FS/NGA players
I’m a little different as far as, as Coach he needs the pieces to execute and a strong KF is a need in his planning, he should be vocal and put the pressure on but maybe not so publicly.

Ugle Hagan, Darcy, Naughton, Jordan Croft. They can’t all play in the same team unless Naughton goes down back then Lobb is pushed out.

Croft is the one worth the look at.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bulldogs have been blessed - another 200cm forward via the father son.

Did JUH end up signing long term for the Dogs?

Yeah I think Kreuger might be gone too, but I could still see Ash playing out his contract unless another club has interest in him, might take a bit of work to convince him but it could be his last chance at an AFL pay packet as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back