List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

Like an ex moving on with a new partner anyone still holding a flame for McInnes the mid needs to let it go!

Let’s for a minute play a game where we assume that the club both have access to more information than us and know more about what to do with said information. You don’t find it curious that after 4 years they’re yet to come to the same realisation as yourself? He isn’t mobile enough to be an AFL mid and literally has one trait, pace, which he’s never used in a senior match. There might be a role for him on a list somewhere, or even Collingwood, it’s just not as a mid.
Not convinced yet, & I'm not sure the club has decided yet either.
Let's see what happens.

He showed flashes v Sydney through the middle, but like his time at senior level that’s all we ever see. Your post also reeks of someone squirming about the calls you made earlier this year which are 100% coming back up during trade week like the garbage you spew toward people on here 👍
The way he’s trash talking people discussing Petracca is eerily similar to the way he trash talked people for discussing Mitchell in 2022…

I hope you’re right! We need some wins on the development front.

But how can his tank still be so poor after four pre-seasons? If it’s still bad now it’s surely never going to good enough to play midfield at senior level. The Swan/Burns comparison is terrible - those two could run all day and accumulate huge possession numbers, whilst hitting the scoreboard too.

As a forward Reef has shown glimpses but never the break-out game needed to show everyone that he can be relied upon to play as a Best 23 forward. He has never looked instinctive as a forward to me.

So, the way I see it, playing him down back is not about broadening him as a player, it’s more like the last roll of the dice. If he doesn’t make it as a HB flanker, then I think it might be the end of the road. I do however think this is his best chance. There’s much less natural instinct needed to play in defence.

More broadly, we can’t afford to have a 5,6,7 year project players. They need to develop faster than that or be moved on. Especially when they’re selected with relatively high draft picks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The issue isn't his tank, some fool said that and then others repeat it. He's been played mostly forward because he's had too, we've for long periods forward of center had nobody except him over 6'2, that's necessity so not the tank. Has played a handful of VFL games this year as a mostly mid and covered the ground no problem so stop repeating the nonsense he's got no tank, what you're really saying is you have no idea.

The way he’s trash talking people discussing Petracca is eerily similar to the way he trash talked people for discussing Mitchell in 2022…
Get exited about Track! Use that imagination, if you dream it you can do it! A shiny new toy in the Christmas sock but be prepared to be disappointed, he's playing for Melbourne so all you'll be getting is a metaphoric lump of coal, all the frothing and getting exited over a big nothing burger, it's just the truth.

If we want to add a w***er with forward talent then Stringer might be obtainable at half the price of Lynch.

Surprisingly 18 months younger and kicked 40 goals in 22 games this season.

Lynch has played 8 games and kicked 10 goals over the 23/24 seasons.

Like others have noted unless a top 10 pick comes attached no way are you touching him given the salary and recent injury history.

The Lions need points for Ashcroft. Can we get in first and give them our 2nd and two 3rds for their 1st. We get back into the 1st rd and they get more points than what their 1st is worth.

Trade Richards for Port’s pick 37.

We end up with around pick 12-20 depending on F/S and Academy and where the Lions finish plus 37.

With McRae keen on Key Forwards, who do we think will be our trade target? Jack Lukosius? I can't really think of anyone else that might be available...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we want to add a w***er with forward talent then Stringer might be obtainable at half the price of Lynch.

Like others have noted unless a top 10 pick comes attached no way are you touching him given the salary and recent injury history.
I dont think I could possibly support Stringer in our jumper. He's just a massive knob. And besides that, I think he's about the most selfish guy playing the game. Maybe I'm wrong, but the impression I get is that is that he is totally unaware that he has teammates around him. Talented when he turns up once a month though.

He's only been sub 3/9 times this year, not "mostly", which is entirely fair as he isn't an established 22 player

People have been harping on the same way about Macrae. They're not hard done by, they're good depth options that get opportunities when best 23 players are out.

You don't just hand players that arent in your best team games for the sake of it if you don't need to

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app
I wonder if internaly he has already nitifed club of trade request ?

The Lions need points for Ashcroft. Can we get in first and give them our 2nd and two 3rds for their 1st. We get back into the 1st rd and they get more points than what their 1st is worth.

We end up with around pick 12-20 depending on F/S and Academy and where the Lions finish plus 37.
Possible. Unlikely but doable.
I'd keep Richards package Macrae and McInnes for a third/possible late 2nd.
Gives a 1st and 3rd/late 2nd.
Trade AJ for a bag of chips.
Gives 3 selections and essentially cuts 3 players.
Trade out any kids who won't make it/anyone surplus/ a Markov/frampton type.
That way you have some picks this year have a crack with the old boys next year.
Than if it goes to shit/everyone Than retires bare bones structure is there for a rebuild type thing with some kids and picks.
That's what I'd do.
Only funky things I can think of are
Trade de goey if you want a lekuious type/first
Possible Trade mcreery or do a dees and admit you made the wrong call on Schultz and get some return back.
A core of Moore Maynard iq daicos x2 degooey (if kept) Hill and Cameron is still good enough for finals. Need to be creative with the rest.
And ffs no more futures trading or 1st trades unless it's a bont heeney type.
I'm in the no for a very unlikely 29 petracca trade.
Not saying g I'd get too funky. Just see of you can trade up round for picks but not really a lot can be done

Last edited:

I like your first point to get back into the 1st round.
I hope we keep Richards.

Can we really support Stringer? Plus he really is a half arsed footballer. I think we avoid. Essendoom can keep him....

Why would you trade Richard’s for 37?
A player who is required and looks to have a bright future.
Pick 37 is unlikely to find you a player

We only have a couple of drafts to make hay before it becomes much tougher with Tas taking the lions share of the talent. Need to nail the next few drafts.

The Whitlock Twins from Murray Bushrangers and Shanahan from Bendigo Pioneers are all super tall key position players hitting the scoreboard regularly. Shanahan has played VFL last 3 weeks and kicked a few for Essendon. I think at least one of them would be obtainable in the 20’s and think any of them could be long term key forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back