List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

What did he say?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The father of current Demon Joel Smith added to the post: “Absolutely disgusting .... The AFL is a disgusting organisation ... I wonder who was on the take to clear this thug.”

The 54-year old, who retired in 1998, responded to one comment: “I’m sure you would say the same thing if it was your son…

“This thug KOs (knocks out) someone, potentially ending their career, and he gets off.”

They all left a year later, if someone wants to leave what’s the point in keeping an unhappy player who will just try and leave again the following season.
When asked about Petracca on AFL360, Jack Riewoldt (3 flags in 4 years) and Jordan Lewis (threepeat plus 2008 flags), both from very successful teams, were very strong in their views that no player is bigger than the club and if a player doesn’t want to be there, the club is better off without them.

Would Tracs management have leaked the details of his disgruntlement and desire to move to the media if they didn’t foresee a clear pathway out?

I suspect they’ve been war gaming this for some time, and these are all quite calculated steps.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out from here. Could get ugly.
I think it's already ugly.

Would Tracs management have leaked the details of his disgruntlement and desire to move to the media if they didn’t foresee a clear pathway out?

I suspect they’ve been war gaming this for some time, and these are all quite calculated steps.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out from here. Could get ugly.
Depending on Petracca’s reasons and any other dirty Melbourne FC secrets that have not become public to date, the Dees may prefer to grant a trade to Petracca rather than risk this playing out in the media.

I think it's already ugly.
Uglier even.

I did find it comical how Melbourne clearly leaked that he wanted to grow ‘brand Trac’ in his exit meeting. There’s an obvious battle for the narrative going on here, and it’s via the usual guffawing media talking heads.

Gary Lyon doing his staunchest ‘Trac-o going nowhere-o’ was also good.

Geez the meltdowns on the Dees board are of biblical proportions.
“Best player we’ve had since Flower and now we have to watch him playing for another big Vic club”.
“Didn’t see him in at the game watching with the other injured players - he was in the Collingwood box”.
“Only Melbourne could fu#k this up”.
“It’s all Goodwin’s fault”.
“It’s all Goodwin’s bitch Gawn’s fault”.
“Trade him to the Tigers”.
Etc etc.
Even the Dees fans acknowledge their club is rotting from the inside and many hope the media put the blowtorch on the club.

I don't think the Hutchy idea is as stupid as it might first appear.

Regardless, Richmond will need to offer up something juicy to get it done IMO.

So what would you rather?

Lynch + the majority of his enormous salary + receiving a first round pick.

or

Lynch + little to no salary + giving away a first round pick.

Remember Lynch is contracted for a further 2 years so the money owing is likely to be around the 3 million mark.

If Collingwood are interested in Lynch then it only means we are loading up for the now so what's more important?

Getting him to the club for little to no salary whilst giving away the rights to select an additional young player in the 1st round and one unlikely to feature in our Premiership push of 25/26. Remember McGuane is projecting to be a 1st round selection next season so something for the future is on offer still.

or

Getting him to the club, likely paying him a salary higher than Nick, gaining an additional 1st round selection but hampering our ability to go after free agents next year due to the salary cap implications. If his body fails him again or we fail to win the flag that's a bloody lot of money to outlay for no result.

Given some people are open to moving next years first into this season I guess the question is would you rather use that on Lynch if he came mostly salary free or would you rather bypass him altogether and look to youth?

Given Geelong got a top 10 selection for taking on a salary of roughly $800,000 per season x 2 with Bowes then it's hard to fathom us wanting to take on a banged up soon to be 32yo Lynch without a similar price tag and pick attached.

Richmond however will probably value draft picks over salary cap space for the next 2 seasons given the players wanting out and it's why Hutchy mightn't be that far off the money.

Uglier even.

I did find it comical how Melbourne clearly leaked that he wanted to grow ‘brand Trac’ in his exit meeting. There’s an obvious battle for the narrative going on here, and it’s via the usual guffawing media talking heads.

Gary Lyon doing his staunchest ‘Trac-o going nowhere-o’ was also good.

I can't imagine they're making themselves any more popular with Christian, his family & his supporters by leaking stuff from his exit meeting. It's only adding weight as to why he's so pissed off at the club.

That's pretty low, even for the Dees.

or

Remember Lynch is contracted for a further 2 years so the money owing is likely to be around the 3 million mark.

If Collingwood are interested in Lynch then it only means we are loading up for the now so what's more important?

Getting him to the club for little to no salary whilst giving away the rights to select an additional young player in the 1st round and one unlikely to feature in our Premiership push of 25/26. Remember McGuane is projecting to be a 1st round selection next season so something for the future is on offer still.

or

Getting him to the club, likely paying him a salary higher than Nick, gaining an additional 1st round selection but hampering our ability to go after free agents next year due to the salary cap implications. If his body fails him again or we fail to win the flag that's a bloody lot of money to outlay for no result.

Given some people are open to moving next years first into this season I guess the question is would you rather use that on Lynch if he came mostly salary free or would you rather bypass him altogether and look to youth?

Given Geelong got a top 10 selection for taking on a salary of roughly $800,000 per season x 2 with Bowes then it's hard to fathom us wanting to take on a banged up soon to be 32yo Lynch without a similar price tag and pick attached.

Richmond however will probably value draft picks over salary cap space for the next 2 seasons given the players wanting out and it's why Hutchy mightn't be that far off the money.
I'd rather no Lynch.

I can't imagine they're making themselves any more popular with Christian, his family & his supporters by leaking stuff from his exit meeting. It's only adding weight as to why he's so pissed off at the club.

Agreed. Who sits in on exit meetings? You’d think it wouldn’t be more than a couple, and he’d know exactly who’s talking to the media.

The only way I see us getting Petracca is losing Hill or Quaynor, aside from the Daicos brothers they are the only players of value we have.

2025 1st + Quaynor

Or

Trade Hill to Freo for pick 10 and give that plus 2025 1st.

That’s a big risk, Petracca seems very hurt and scared by his injury. He may not be the same player again. Also if we have another bad year with injuries and older guys hitting the wall and our 2025 1st could be pick 3-7.
Love watching Q play, but I’d trade him for Trac in a heartbeat.

Thinking about it, I can’t imagine anyone on our list wanting to play for Melbourne.
That’s a problem.
Maybe McInnes?

Tick.

Tick.

BOOOOM!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have an out of the box trade, pendles to kangaroos for number 2 pick number 2 and our future first for petraca.
Pendles gets a season or 2as player then straight into coaching he's exactly what the kangaroos kids need and he would be doing it to benefit us ... As much as I hate it it's a win win
No offence but I think you need to go and pat your mouse Lenny.

Seriously. Trade Pendles? I respect that you prefaced it with "out of the box" but this is a bit too out of the box.

It's a "no" from me.

Have an out of the box trade, pendles to kangaroos for number 2 pick number 2 and our future first for petraca.
Pendles gets a season or 2as player then straight into coaching he's exactly what the kangaroos kids need and he would be doing it to benefit us ... As much as I hate it it's a win win
It's not a win win at all. It's the most daft thing I've heard of.

Why does he need to go to Roo's to get straight into coaching? Besides he's said he wants to be assistant coach first before senior coaching.

By all means when he finishes playing at the Pies, he can be an assistant coach at Norf or anywhere else, but we're not off loading our greatest ever player at this stage of his career.

His onfield coaching with our young players is more important than helping out another club.

I’m sure this will be a very unpopular idea but I wouldn’t be opposed to straight swapping him with De Goey myself

Same age. Both long term deals still standing

Very similar style of player

De Goey’s best is better imo but Trac has him easily for consistency and the gap between best and worst way smaller

Geez the meltdowns on the Dees board are of biblical proportions.
“Best player we’ve had since Flower and now we have to watch him playing for another big Vic club”.
“Didn’t see him in at the game watching with the other injured players - he was in the Collingwood box”.
“Only Melbourne could fu#k this up”.
“It’s all Goodwin’s fault”.
“It’s all Goodwin’s bitch Gawn’s fault”.
“Trade him to the Tigers”.
Etc etc.
Even the Dees fans acknowledge their club is rotting from the inside and many hope the media put the blowtorch on the club.
I don’t blame them. Imagine this going on with Pendles. The heats been on them for a while, but it’s turned up ten fold in the past couple of weeks. If he moves then look out.

I’m sure this will be a very unpopular idea but I wouldn’t be opposed to straight swapping him with De Goey myself

Same age. Both long term deals still standing

Very similar style of player

De Goey’s best is better imo but Trac has him easily for consistency and the gap between best and worst way smaller
Doesn't it defeat the purpose to trade out JDG for Petracca? We need another midfielder to add to what we have. If we give one of our best away, we're back to where we started.

And we have no clue what version of Petracca we'd be getting once he returns to football.

And why would JDG, who has turned his life around with the support of the club want to go to a rabble like the Dees?

Doesn't it defeat the purpose to trade out JDG for Petracca? We need another midfielder to add to what we have. If we give one of our best away, we're back to where we started.

And we have no clue what version of Petracca we'd be getting once he returns to football.

And why would JDG, who has turned his life around with the support of the club want to go to a rabble like the Dees?

I guess

I just really really want Petracca

Always liked him as a player and a person and I very easily fall in love with the idea of having playing who barrack for us and are mates with our players

I can’t think of any other way to make it happen realistically

This is hard to call because the best of each of them is blindingly good.
The other end of the spectrum sees them unavailable to play.
You’re playing futures markets.

I want them both playing alongside Daicos and mentoring Allen.

Petracca is a big name and this has the makings of an ugly fallout between player and club. All circumstances are somewhat unique, but while it’s a big story I wouldn’t go as far as not seeing it before.

Without much thought Judd, Dangerfield, Franklin, Ablett, Beams were all big names who left their clubs in recent times. Club lead, but Treloar being traded out got ugly. Ditto Stringer and the dogs.

Ultimately a happy player is unlikely to seek a move away from a club unless it’s for greater opportunity (games or wage) or interstate for family/personal reasons.

No where near similar if stories are true.

or

or

I’m a big no to Lynch. He said no to us when he made the move from the Suns to the Tigers, we should be returning the favour.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

The father of current Demon Joel Smith added to the post: “Absolutely disgusting .... The AFL is a disgusting organisation ... I wonder who was on the take to clear this thug.”

The 54-year old, who retired in 1998, responded to one comment: “I’m sure you would say the same thing if it was your son…

“This thug KOs (knocks out) someone, potentially ending their career, and he gets off.”

Sorry - I thought you were talking about Bailey!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m a big no to Lynch. He said no to us when he made the move from the Suns to the Tigers, we should be returning the favour.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can definitely see and understand that point of view and part of me feels that way.

However, he didn't say no to Fly and Leppa. At that time I can kind of see why he would say no,

If he now rejected us and selected Melbourne, well he is dead to me then lol

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back