List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Our 1st pick, 33, will be closer to 40. The chances of getting a player who develops into an AFL level player is slim at best. I'd prefer Stringer, unfortunately.
It’s pretty likely we’ll be trying to use 33 to trade up in the draft. Outside of that, usually clubs with players who get early bids use at least 1 pick in the 20’s to match, so pick 33 might only end up getting pushed out a few picks rather than the 7 you’re predicting. In a deep draft that’s still a reasonably valuable pick.

Our 1st pick, 33, will be closer to 40. The chances of getting a player who develops into an AFL level player is slim at best. I'd prefer Stringer, unfortunately.
Not really. Good depth this draft.
According to an interstate list manager, he can name 40 players, just vics that have afl qualities, could be more.. Not including interstate players.
This is the draft you want to get into

But our pick wont stay there. We'll try to trade up into this draft.

According to an interstate list manager, he can name 40 players, just vics that have afl qualities, could be more.. Not including interstate players.

Still a lottery though. No matter what any list manager thinks.

So many failed top ten picks every year.

Still a lottery though. No matter what any list manager thinks.

So many failed top ten picks every year.
Everything is a lottery, but to get good talent for the future, you need to take a gamble.
And this is the draft to do it.
All list managers think the same about this draft.
It could rival 2017

This is probably 100% true, however I'd bet my last zac that there will be at least 10 of those top 40 who don't make it, and given our draft history, I'd still take Jake.

Everything is a lottery, but to get good talent for the future, you need to take a gamble.
And this is the draft to do it.
All list managers think the same about this draft.
It could rival 2017
Schultz wasn't a gamble.
A Warren Buffet type investment.
A sure thing.
Just saying

This is probably 100% true, however I'd bet my last zac that there will be at least 10 of those top 40 who don't make it, and given our draft history, I'd still take Jake.
Probably 15-20, but that’s actually a strong result.

I suppose a deep draft just means that each club may have an opportunity to find a good player.

Did Chol dye his eyebrow or is it a bandage?)
His best mate is actually Watson so Hawthorn probably a bigger chance. I mean who would you rather head to based on potential

Hawks do have a lot of overachievers this season and a lot of spuds who played way over expectation, combined with the fact they'll have a tougher fixture next year there's no guarantee they'll go further next year at least. Look at the Crows and Blues for instance.

From round 14-24 the Hawks only heat one top 8 team (Carlton)

Did Chol dye his eyebrow or is it a bandage?)

Hawks do have a lot of overachievers this season and a lot of spuds who played way over expectation, combined with the fact they'll have a tougher fixture next year there's no guarantee they'll go further next year at least. Look at the Crows and Blues for instance.

From round 14-24 the Hawks only heat one top 8 team (Carlton)
With the competition being so even the draw definitely help teams make it in

10 out of each top 40 not making it would be a good result tbf
Its clear we need more young talent. And this is the one to do it. Reckon if we can get 2 picks in the top 30, that would be a good result. I'd take that over a stop gap 30 year old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're looking for a mature key forward, maybe Fly should look at Hudson Garoni from Werribee.
Kicked 3 today in the prelim v Lions , taking him to 48 goals for the season.
Only 24yrs old.

You will instantly like him if he plays for us and starts kicking goals or getting clearances.
Could not give a hoot what the media thinks or says.
I think he's a perfect fit.
Words Stringer's tailor never said.

Lets just see were our draft picks are at at the end of the trade period
Media talk is we maybe able to swap our future 1st with Sydney for picks 19 and 20 plus a pick for Noble in the 20s and maybe Richards as well
Also my get something decent for McInness These picks we my be able to bundle up to a club like Brisbane Essendon or a Carlton the need them for a F/S or an NGA and move further up the draft order
Think we will only use 3 picked
and there in plenty of depth in this draft and a lot of good talls around the 15 to 30 picks
Let have faith in Lepps to weave so magic

Words Stringer's tailor never said.
It’s an interesting one is Jakey boy.

On one hand he may kick a few extra goals for us here or there, may even influence a result in our favour.

The other factor is how would he gel with the playing group.

They may all get behind him - but potentially he could be a source of resentment and eat away ( oops!) at the fabric of the playing group??

All the forwards busting their ass trying to lock the ball in, then see Jake doing some half arsed attempt himself, ball goes down other end, crucial goal ices the game. Rinse repeat.

They’d really need talk with the playing group, then to sit down with him, see where his commitment was at before signing him up

Tough one, leaning against overall.

Jakey boy would thrive at the pies. Given our trade hand, we need to moneyball it this year and if it’s a throw away pick go for it!

We need goals goals goals and the package can deliver.

Pendles and co won’t let him fail and the boys will get around him.

If he can bag us 50 goals next season, I don’t care how much KFC the boy eats or what his BMI is, I’ll just be looking at his Elite goal stats.

Was that changed during Covid? Did it change back?
Yes. They allowed them to just be moved to the rookie list when they reduced list numbers - as they should have - but now that list numbers have stabilised it's back to how it was beforehand.Delist and then rookie to move them to the rookie list.

Jake only gets you about 50 games. It's not like he will be around for 10 years. I would take the draft pick. Maybe a latter pick.

Jakey boy would thrive at the pies. Given our trade hand, we need to moneyball it this year and if it’s a throw away pick go for it!

We need goals goals goals and the package can deliver.

Pendles and co won’t let him fail and the boys will get around him.

If he can bag us 50 goals next season, I don’t care how much KFC the boy eats or what his BMI is, I’ll just be looking at his Elite goal stats.
He’ll keep the sponsors happy.
Ned might even be able to negotiate an upgrade on the contract!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back