List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's going to kick it to McKay lol?

If Petracca and Oliver go they'll have to move Salem into the guts and hope Windsor, Rivers, Viney etc. can actually impact to the level of a top 8 side.

Anyway, I doubt McKay would agree to it unless they legit doubled his pay.
If Petracca leaves I doubt they move on Oliver.

Great, Trac wants to come to us but we can't get it done. His second choice is Carlton and they can get it done. Not sure I could stand Cripps and Petracca in the same midfield

The only way Blues can get it done is if McKay or Curnow agree to cross to Melb. Why on Earth would either do that?

They’ve both got long-term, highly lucrative contracts to stay at the Blues with plenty of job security in a side that (unfortunately) seems poised for a period of sustained success.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
I don't think the Hutchy idea is as stupid as it might first appear.

Regardless, Richmond will need to offer up something juicy to get it done IMO.

So what would you rather?

Lynch + the majority of his enormous salary + receiving a first round pick.

or

Lynch + little to no salary + giving away a first round pick.

Remember Lynch is contracted for a further 2 years so the money owing is likely to be around the 3 million mark.

If Collingwood are interested in Lynch then it only means we are loading up for the now so what's more important?

Getting him to the club for little to no salary whilst giving away the rights to select an additional young player in the 1st round and one unlikely to feature in our Premiership push of 25/26. Remember McGuane is projecting to be a 1st round selection next season so something for the future is on offer still.

or

Getting him to the club, likely paying him a salary higher than Nick, gaining an additional 1st round selection but hampering our ability to go after free agents next year due to the salary cap implications. If his body fails him again or we fail to win the flag that's a bloody lot of money to outlay for no result.

Given some people are open to moving next years first into this season I guess the question is would you rather use that on Lynch if he came mostly salary free or would you rather bypass him altogether and look to youth?

Given Geelong got a top 10 selection for taking on a salary of roughly $800,000 per season x 2 with Bowes then it's hard to fathom us wanting to take on a banged up soon to be 32yo Lynch without a similar price tag and pick attached.

Richmond however will probably value draft picks over salary cap space for the next 2 seasons given the players wanting out and it's why Hutchy mightn't be that far off the money.
It really is. If you do the work on who might be keen on a Lynch type and who Lynch would want to go to this late in his career. The answer you’re left with is basically us or Geelong.

I 100% am not trading a 1st Rd pick for a guy that might have 20 matches left in him with our age profile and whilst I can’t be certain I’m pretty confident the Cats are in the same boat.

Garry Lyon is doing MFC no favours this morning on SEN. He sounds bitter and is ridiculing “Brand Petracca”.

Certainly won’t help sooth the relationship with Christian and family.

The more the media dump on Petracca, the more likely I reckon it's Collingwood.

If it's Carlton and McKay then there will be plenty of beeps from trucks reversing. They will see nothing wrong with Petracca wanting to leave then.

If it's Carlton and McKay then there will be plenty of beeps from trucks reversing. They will see nothing wrong with Petracca wanting to leave then.
But we can't afford the trade price.

If we still had our first this year, and offered this year first, next year first, and a player (maybe an Allan or McCreery or someone) then it'd be a chance, but we don't.

But we can't afford the trade price.

If we still had our first this year, and offered this year first, next year first, and a player (maybe an Allan or McCreery or someone) then it'd be a chance, but we don't.

OMG that would be massive overs for a turning-29 player in uncertain mental/physical shape.

If the cost is any higher than next year’s first rounder and a sweetener then we should be a hard NO on this “deal”.

There’s no doubt it’s us imo.
Brand Petracca = Daicos boys giving him a bottle of Pendles’ wine and their Dad’s aftershave.

The only way Blues can get it done is if McKay or Curnow agree to cross to Melb. Why on Earth would either do that?

They’ve both got long-term, highly lucrative contracts to stay at the Blues with plenty of job security in a side that (unfortunately) seems poised for a period of sustained success.

Why on earth would any decent player choose to go to the dumpster fire that is Melbourne?

Garry Lyon is doing MFC no favours this morning on SEN. He sounds bitter and is ridiculing “Brand Petracca”.

Brand Lyon isn’t an overly wholesome one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would Melbourne's action(s) be shown to be egregious in this case?
The Medico’s:
  • not outlining the worst case scenario to Petracca before he returned to the field.
  • misdiagnosing the severity of the injury
  • not preventing Petracca from returning to the field
  • suspecting a “best” case scenario allowing Petracca to return to the field.
  • making the injury worse by allowing Petracca to the field.
  • not apprising Goodwin of the severity, so that he could stop Petracca from returning to the field.
  • Goodwin ignoring advice of the Doctors and allowing Petracca to play

That’s off the top of my head.

If Petracca did miraculously cross to us, how do we all feel he’ll handle being loudly booed every touch, every week by supporters of whichever team we’re playing that day?

I’m not sure that he’d cope well with being public enemy No1 after being lauded by all across his career to date.

Flog of the highest order. Couldn't care less about where Petracca ends up, I just want to see Garry’s face once it happens!

Call me naive.

But... if we take on his salary and provide Melbourne with fringe player - aren't Melbourne getting a better deal? They would have massive cap space to pick up someone else and also have the option of another player to rotate through their AFL/VFL teams for absolutely no cost.

Remove the emotion, the 7 year deal... everything. On face value it looks quite a good option on their side, and they can have a free swing at any slightly younger up-and-comer, or free agent.

If Petracca did miraculously cross to us, how do we all feel he’ll handle being loudly booed every touch, every week by supporters of whichever team we’re playing that day?

I’m not sure that he’d cope well with being public enemy No1 after being lauded by all across his career to date.

He'll get some mentoring by Bruzzy, he'll be OK. Bruzzy can give him a cute puppy as well for the misso.

Is Leppa running the show this silly season, given Wright’s resignation? And if so, do we know if he’s formally taken on the role? There was some reporting last week that Kelly was looking for Wright’s replacement.

I’ve grown quite attached to the big bloke, and want him to stay at the Pies.

Call me naive.

But... if we take on his salary and provide Melbourne with fringe player - aren't Melbourne getting a better deal? They would have massive cap space to pick up someone else and also have the option of another player to rotate through their AFL/VFL teams for absolutely no cost.

Remove the emotion, the 7 year deal... everything. On face value it looks quite a good option on their side, and they can have a free swing at any slightly younger up-and-comer, or free agent.
You’re naive. Imagine an opposition poster suggesting the bolded in regards to Naicos?

Top 10 league footballer >>>>> $1m cap space

Well, Sidey you’re a lawyer and obviously I respect your opinion here.
And I notice Kirby, another lawyer I believe, gave you a like …

But, from a medical viewpoint, I must confess I’m surprised.

He had several broken ribs on the L lower ribcage.

Every Dr would know that immediately underneath those potentially sharp edged spiked rib fractures lives the spleen and base of left lung.

The spleen is a big,’mushy’ vascular ie blood filled organ that not uncommonly is lacerated by fractured ribs.

And I’d if is, people can not rarely bleed out if the situation is not recognised.

The lungs if similarly pieced, can collapse ( called pneumothorax ) that can also be potentially fatal.

Fractured ribs are always extremely tender even if you are a tough footballer and all.

IF the treated Dr did not check pulse and blood pressure to get a read on possible bleeding, and / or, IF the Dr did not listen to the lungs and check the position of the trachea ( wind pipe that can deviate in a pneumothorax under tension ) then I would have thought that Christian would be well within his rights to engage a lawyer re medical
negligence.

By all accounts he did have a pneumothorax and did require blood transfusions due to massive blood loss from a badly lacerated spleen, coup do days in ICU … bottom line, there is zero doubt in my mind that this was a very near miss from a fatality.

No wonder he is mentally freaked out and his family are allegedly furious, had he had another whack to the rib area he may well have bled even more and could well have died - not exaggerating.
Many people have died exactly that way.

Whether he could have his contract annulled due to this ( or the threat of litigation) is not my area, but maybe legal opinion in light of the medical side of things as above, could be considered? Yes / No ??
Just on the rib matter, fully in support of the damage a blow to the floating ribs can cause
Imagine the Dees hyperventilating as they spend all game booing Bruzzy and Trac on Kings Birthday next year.
Those who make the game

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back