List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

You seriously naive to take them at their word? The fact that they gave him the green light to explore a trade means that they essentially don't see his as part of their plans going forward. You would be even more naive to think that GC wouldn't jump at the opportunity of moving lukosius's entire contract of their books. GC aren't a destination club , so their only way of retaining players/attracting other players is via lucrative contracts.
I’m not naive, I’ve seen the way GC work with salary dumps. They broadcast to the entire league that Bowes was available with pick 7 as a salary dump.
He’ll be available for a relatively cheap price, but they aren’t going to just throw in a first round pick with him when they don’t have to, to get clubs interested. You’re living in fantasy land.

Just thought I'd throw an interesting comparison out there between Noble and Rioli from last year when the Tugs weren't complete non-completive trash and we won the flag.

Not exactly a yawning chasm between them really just based on the numbers anyway...

View attachment 2094016
They’re basically the same player. Even one first rounder for him is highway robbery 😂

Isaac Cumming ..UFA

go & get this guy.

Unrestricted Free Agent = will cost nothing re trade capital

26 yo, 184 cm, running half-back w potential to play on-ball

Just thought I'd throw an interesting comparison out there between Noble and Rioli from last year when the Tugs weren't complete non-completive trash and we won the flag.

Not exactly a yawning chasm between them really just based on the numbers anyway...

View attachment 2094016
Same age, same super contributions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2094016
What stood out to me is that JFN just doesn't f?cking miss

How about:

• Noble and our first pick to Gold Coast
  • Lukosius and pick 20 to Melbourne
  • Petracca to Collingwood

Seems fair-ish?
All jokes about Petracca aside, that’s the deal I’d be shooting for if I was Leppitsch. If Rioli, who’s statistically identical to Noble is apparently worth two first rounders (lol) then surely that’s a bargain for JFN

Bit of sunshine to brighten up everyone’s mood….

Just a friendly Reminder that we will be pulling off one of the steals of the trade / draft period, by getting Alex Condon for free in the coming months….

Take a look at his skill, height and athleticism and I am convinced that he will end up being one of the very best ruckman in the league within 3 / 4 years.
A massive get, which will set us and our midfield up for years. Also - and I do not jest here - with his basketball vision and touch, I firmly believe that he and Nick will form the best ruckman : midfielder combination in the league. Bookmark it….

Go pies

Last edited:
Bit of sunshine to brighten up everyone’s mood….

Just a friendly Reminder that we will be pulling off one of the steals of the trade / draft period, by getting Alex Condon for free in the coming months….

Take a look at his skill, height and athleticism and I am convinced that he will end up being one of the very best ruckman in the league within 3 / 4 years.
A massive get, which will set us and our midfield up for years. Also - and I do not jest here - with his basketball vision and touch, I firmly believe that he and Nick will form the best ruckman : midfielder combination in the league. Bookmark it….

Go pies
Dream on, he’s not signing for us he’s going to play Bball somewhere for millions of dollars. Even if he sits on the bench for the whole season for a euro league team he’s making more than his first contract for us in the first couple of weeks playing Bball. Imagine the millions to do nothing in the NBA just because you’re tall.
He ain’t coming to us.

How about:

• Noble and our first pick to Gold Coast
  • Lukosius and pick 20 to Melbourne
  • Petracca to Collingwood

Seems fair-ish?
GC are the big winners from that trade scenario - gain Noble, our future first rounder and a big salary saving whilst only losing the flaky Lukosius. Melbourne getting dudded by comparison.

Dream on, he’s not signing for us he’s going to play Bball somewhere for millions of dollars. Even if he sits on the bench for the whole season for a euro league team he’s making more than his first contract for us in the first couple of weeks playing Bball. Imagine the millions to do nothing in the NBA just because you’re tall.
He ain’t coming to us.
That’s only if he’s good enough for nba or Europe though. The NBL salaries aren’t as good as the AFL

He ain’t coming to us.
He's only out to play NBA. If he has no chance, he'll be playing for us. This isn't a new thing, its simply what will happen.
He recently reaffirmed his commitment to us and will sign end of the year, going into 2025 to be on our cat b list.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back