List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Realistically what is our future 1st worth in terms of a draft pick this season?

If we added Noble to it could we gain GC pick 6 or is pick 13 plus 26 more realistic (or not)?

Are teams prepared to gamble we don't bounce?

Are we prepared to gamble we will?

What range is this GC academy kid expected to be bid on?

Realistically what is our future 1st worth in terms of a draft pick this season?

If we added Noble to it could we gain GC pick 6 or is pick 13 plus 26 more realistic (or not)?

Lombard prob anywhere from 9-13

Sort of wouldn’t mind Lukosius but also sort of hope we don’t get him as I can’t get a certain song from the Mary Poppins movie out of head when I see or hear his name.

You mean
Supercalifragilisticwelcomejacklukosius?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sort of wouldn’t mind Lukosius but also sort of hope we don’t get him as I can’t get a certain song from the Mary Poppins movie out of head when I see or hear his name.
Seems like a 'cap clogger' in contrast to a 'list clogger', if that makes sense.
Looks a million dollars sometimes, but what's his best position?

All jokes about Petracca aside, that’s the deal I’d be shooting for if I was Leppitsch. If Rioli, who’s statistically identical to Noble is apparently worth two first rounders (lol) then surely that’s a bargain for JFN

We can probably add Ash or Krueger in for Melbourne too

In the end, Trac wants out and most likely wants to come to us

Given what we have at our disposal and how desperately Trac wants out Melbourne is getting two forwards, pick 20 and a shit tonne of freed up cap space

Could be worse

Seems like a 'cap clogger' in contrast to a 'list clogger', if that makes sense.
Looks a million dollars sometimes, but what's his best position?
Don’t see enough of him tbh. Lovely kick and seems to read the game well from what I’ve seen though not all that physical for his size. Plenty of improvement left I’d say. Tall wingman, third tall forward or back maybe. Others will have a better idea👍

Thanks for making that clear

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can probably add Ash or Krueger in for Melbourne too

In the end, Trac wants out and most likely wants to come to us

Given what we have at our disposal and how desperately Trac wants out Melbourne is getting two forwards, pick 20 and a shit tonne of freed up cap space

Could be worse

I don’t think we’re any chance with such low-ball (almost insulting) offers.

If it’s truly untenable for both MFC and Petracca for him to return to play for them and we and Carlton can’t/won’t table a sufficient trade offer, then I’d say that there’s a very big chance that Richmond are going to land him.

The Tigers will have a truckload of first round picks from which to satisfy MFC and plenty of cap space to pick up Trac’s full contract. And Adem Yze will be desperate to inject some serious talent and experience into the Tigers line-up.

I’m sure it’s not what Petracca hopes for but they are a big, well-run central Melb club, playing out of the MCG. In the end it might be his only path out of MFC. And bad news for us.

Because they’d need to be Jedi knights to pull it off. This isn’t Madden in the real world people lose their jobs if they do shit like what you’ve suggested.
Petracca has himself indicated that he may not return to his best mentally. The saints passed on him because of perceived mental fragility…if my memory serves me correctly he had soft tissue injuries earlier in the year, could be a sign of fatigue and age setting in. There are many extant questions to be answered, he wants to leave…we traded Treloar and kept part of his pay, tell me Melbourne don’t have cap issues!

We’ve given away Ginivan for less than nothing, Witts for nothing, Henry for less than what we paid for him, Grundy may have been surplus to requirements and the wrong contract but other clubs (namely Adelaide) were willing to pay more at the time…his form dipped but 600k which was his effective traded contract he should have been worth multiple first round picks. Melbourne are now in the same boat, they have to trade him. Looks like not to us because we can’t accommodate him cap wise.

Our trading history and strategy is abysmal, it’s like the philosophy is give everything and receive nothing.

In any case if you’re going to repeatedly post, try add value rather than making broad statements with no substance.

More Jack Watts vibes for me. Potentially you take a punt and hope that a better system can bring more out of him…as it stands not worth even a second rounder

If it’s truly untenable for both MFC and Petracca for him to return to play for them and we and Carlton can’t/won’t table a sufficient trade offer, then I’d say that there’s a very big chance that Richmond are going to land him.

The Tigers will have a truckload of first round picks from which to satisfy MFC and plenty of cap space to pick up Trac’s full contract. And Adem Yze will be desperate to inject some serious talent and experience into the Tigers line-up.

I’m sure it’s not what Petracca hopes for but they are a big, well-run central Melb club, playing out of the MCG. In the end it might be his only path out of MFC. And bad news for us.

Petracca would know Yze pretty well too, as an assistant coach & ex player. So I guess that would help make his decision one way or another.

Petracca would know Yze pretty well too, as an assistant coach & ex player. So I guess that would help make his decision one way or another.
If he wants to maximise his brand then a rebuilding Tigers is not the place to be. He needs a Friday night team.

Contrary to popular opinion I see no issue with him raising concerns about his off field brand and viability at Melbourne. All players would consider this, for most it’s managed better and through management.

Personally like fly I would not be in favour of trading Noble, particularly since Markov seems to have reverted to mean.

Noble is a quick loose ball gets player, players with heart and dare and lifts really well when the game is on the line.

Kicking can be off, and is a bit underdone strength wise…as I’ve said before not every player on the list can be worth 1m. He plays his role really well.

If he wants to maximise his brand then a rebuilding Tigers is not the place to be. He needs a Friday night team.

Contrary to popular opinion I see no issue with him raising concerns about his off field brand and viability at Melbourne. All players would consider this, for most it’s managed better and through management.
I don't know how much to make of this 'Brand Petracca' stuff. Seems like nasty, petty stuff being peddled by the club. Not sure why they'd leak that type of stuff to the media.

It could have just been general discussions in his exit meeting about what he & the club sees as positives & disadvantages being at a big club & is now being used against him for grubby headlines.

His fiance manages all that side for him. I think she's a lawyer too.

I just think petracca views melb as being incompetent......i just wonder what took him so long
The issues at Melbourne go far deeper than what the media is able to report. Would be pretty frustrating when your fellow prime mover is not carrying his load, and destabilising the club.

I’m not sure about that from Petracca’s side.
Joining Richmond with where they are at right now and playing there for the rest of his career may make him more miserable than where he currently is.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back