List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure about that from Petracca’s side.
Joining Richmond with where they are at right now and playing there for the rest of his career may make him more miserable than where he currently is.
He doesn't have many options if his choice is to stay in Victoria and play for a big club. Surely not Hawks...! They'll be unstoppable for years with all their additions.

If he wants to maximise his brand then a rebuilding Tigers is not the place to be. He needs a Friday night team.

Contrary to popular opinion I see no issue with him raising concerns about his off field brand and viability at Melbourne. All players would consider this, for most it’s managed better and through management.

That’s not the point - it might only be Richmond that offer a good enough haul of picks that MFC are willing to accept and grant a trade request. At that point it all collapses down to a choice for Trac of staying at MFC with all its problems or going to Richmond.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think the horse has bolted on Trac ever setting foot in the MFC again. Untenable now.

It now leaves them in the unenviable position of basically having to trade him, and only to a team he agrees he be traded to no less, for whatever that team can rustle up. Trac will likely have to renegotiate his salary down as no team he wants to go to has a spare 1.3-1.7M for five years in the cap.

The MFC has really ****ed any chance of reconciliation with their petty attempts to win the narrative battle in the media, and in the process probably proven Petraccas central qualm that they are not a serious football club.

He doesn't have many options if his choice is to stay in Victoria and play for a big club. Surely not Hawks...! They'll be unstoppable for years with all their additions.

If Hawks are signing Barras and Battle, seemingly on big money, I doubt they can afford Petracca too. And they’ll likely have to give up a first rounder for Barras, too.

It looks to me like all of Pies, Blues, Hawks lack sufficient picks and/or cap space, whilst Saints, Kangas, Dogs and Cats don’t satisfy the selection criteria. So that really only leaves the Bombers and Richmond, with the latter best placed with cash and picks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sam McClure really trying to push the Carlton trade, Petracca doesn't want to go to "a" big Melbourne club, he wants to go to THE big Melbourne club

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

There are probably worse journos in Footy, but there is no bigger knob than Sam McClure. Have a listen to his tradies poddy. The bloke is unbearable. It's bizarre that Mitch Cleary (a top notch journo) is happy to sit there with him and listen to the genuine spew that comes out of SM's mouth.

We can probably add Ash or Krueger in for Melbourne too

In the end, Trac wants out and most likely wants to come to us

Given what we have at our disposal and how desperately Trac wants out Melbourne is getting two forwards, pick 20 and a shit tonne of freed up cap space

Could be worse
Oh, ok you were being serious. I thought that was a joke, like an obvious one because that trade was so ridiculous. We aren’t getting Trac for Noble and a mid/late second rounder, that’s just stupid.

Our trading history and strategy is abysmal, it’s like the philosophy is give everything and receive nothing.

In any case if you’re going to repeatedly post, try add value rather than making broad statements with no substance.

These two paragraphs read together are brilliant.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know plenty around here want Lukosis because he’s tall and looks good the few times he kicks the ball, but worth remembering in potential trade scenarios posted although unpopular, Noble is actually worth more than him.
Tbh I think Noble and 37 for Luko and 20 would be pretty fair, remembering that GC have targeted Noble in contract and GC have told Luko to look elsewhere. Also he has an inflated contract which diminishes trade value somewhat unless GC chipped in.

Don’t Port want Lukosius? Can we somehow get Houston?
Lukosius would fit in nicely with the rest of the mediocre KPP that Port have stockpiled on their list, my concern would be hasnt it been reported that Port want 2x firsts for Houston? He’s a fine player, but I don’t think it’s close to a need for our list for the cost that would be required.

I was most taken by Fly on SEN saying yesterday that we will be very aggressive this trade period and want to bring plenty of new talent in

Could be a very interesting trade period and wonder what we have been planning the last 6 months

Pleasing that we have kept our plans in house

Last edited:
I was most taken by Fly on SEN saying yesterday that we will be very aggressive this trade period and want to bring plenty of new talent in

Could be a very interesting trade period and wonder what we have been planning the last 6 months

Pleasing that we have kept our plans in house
I like that, purely becuase we could grab an unexpected name or two and we won’t be linked with everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back