List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Dream on, he’s not signing for us he’s going to play Bball somewhere for millions of dollars. Even if he sits on the bench for the whole season for a euro league team he’s making more than his first contract for us in the first couple of weeks playing Bball. Imagine the millions to do nothing in the NBA just because you’re tall.
He ain’t coming to us.
Sad but its likely, Heard he was given honors

I would hate to think that with the issues off-field with our management ranks that this kid doesn't get supported enough to take a chance on us, could be a future star for the biggest sporting club in the country playing (almost) weekly in the biggest stadium in the southern hemisphere.

I would say he would make a lot of money with sponsors & endorsements over here too, Almost like a more likable Mason Cox

Lukosius would fit in nicely with the rest of the mediocre KPP that Port have stockpiled on their list, my concern would be hasnt it been reported that Port want 2x firsts for Houston? He’s a fine player, but I don’t think it’s close to a need for our list for the cost that would be required.
Houston would be fantastic for us. Very unlikely though.

Why is the media so willing to accept that Rioli is worth pick 6 from the Suns but pick 20 is overs for Noble? I'm not saying Noble is the same quality as Rioli but there's a pretty big chasm between 6 and 34.
Think it’s the Tigs and Dimma factor. Rioli isn’t worth two firsts as some are predicting let alone 6 on its own.

Exciting Collingwood small forward Joe Richards’ eagerness to play more senior AFL football could determine whether he remains in black and white next season or takes up an offer from one of three rival clubs, including Port Adelaide.

Richards, 24, has played only nine games since being drafted from Wangaratta in 2022, including last week’s final round win over Melbourne, where he had 19 disposals and kicked a goal in an impressive display.

He has a two-year offer on the table from the Magpies.

Port Adelaide is keen on enticing the forward across the border. This column understands the Power have offered him a three-year contract deal, instead of the reported four years.

Richards told Moneyball after the game that he will make a decision on his footy future in the coming weeks, having left all discussions in the hands of his manager John Meeson during the course of the season.

He says Collingwood has been so welcoming and has learnt so much from the likes of Bobby Hill and Jamie Elliott in recent seasons.

But given he is a mature-aged player, he is keen to bed down a regular senior spot in a team that has Hill, Elliott, Lachie Schultz and Beau McCreery among the small/medium forwards.

“I love the place,” Richards said of the Collingwood environment.

“I haven’t delved too much into all that yet (the contract talk), I just wanted to get back into the team first and finish off the year.

“I have left with my manager. I pretty much said I didn’t want to think about it until the end of the season.”

Richards made his AFL debut in round 9 against West Coast, kicking a goal and having 18 disposals.

He played three games in a row before suffering a foot fracture during the club’s draw with Fremantle in Perth.

“It’s been a really good learning year,” Richards said.

“It was really good to see the young guys get a run (in the last round) and do well. All we can do is put our hands up and keep working hard.

“It was good to see Ed Allan getting some reward for his efforts. The coaches backed him in and he showed what he could do.

“There are so many kids coming through. I think the future is pretty bright as we’ve still got a lot of experienced players too.”

Richards worked hard last pre-season on building up his strength and his tank, and plans to keep doing the same over the summer months, after a break in Bali.

The Magpies are keen to keep Richards, with a decision on his future to come in the next week or so.

I was most taken by Fly on SEN saying yesterday that we will be very aggressive this trade period and want to bring plenty of new talent in

Could be a very interesting trade period and wonder what we have been planning the last 6 months

Pleasing that we have kept our plans in house
We did all of that last year by trading Ginnivan and dislodging Shoota out of nowhere.

I was most taken by his comments on JDG. I can’t remember the wording, but it was around how fit he was through the pre-season and how much his injuries held us back. A fit and firing JDG of all our injury setbacks was by far the biggest blow to our chances this year. No new recruit can trump that outside Petracca.

That all said an off season that has us bringing in Keane, Peatling and a presence back in the draft would get a tick from me.

Luko is Jack Watts, I can't believe people are getting sucked in.

GC will also want something decent.
Nah they’ve told him to explore his options, they’re not going to ask for a whole lot for him. The main sticking point is taking over his contract, you’d have to extend and smooth it out a bit.

Sam McClure on the Tradies podcast this morning said he thinks Adam Tomlinson will be at Collingwood next year.

Mitch Cleary responded saying he has heard Pies and Saints are the two that are interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam McClure on the Tradies podcast this morning said he thinks Adam Tomlinson will be at Collingwood next year.
Yeah but he also thinks that Carlton will trade McKay for Petracca. Bloke is throwing darts.

Mitch Cleary responded saying he has heard Pies and Saints are the two that are interested.
Unlike Collingwood St Kilda at least makes some sense. I would not get behind this one. An immobile and undersized KPD is probably one of the last areas of need for us. I’d much prefer Reef tried in that role because neither is particularly likely, but at least with Reef he’s settled in our system and within our playing group.

I mean he’s been solid for the Dees when he’s played, and we’d get him for peanuts most likely

I can see St. Kilda being interested as they'd want a mature body to cover the loss of Josh Battle. Tomlinson is 31 so surely we'd be targeting a younger KPD.

Exciting Collingwood small forward Joe Richards’ eagerness to play more senior AFL football could determine whether he remains in black and white next season or takes up an offer from one of three rival clubs, including Port Adelaide.

Richards, 24, has played only nine games since being drafted from Wangaratta in 2022, including last week’s final round win over Melbourne, where he had 19 disposals and kicked a goal in an impressive display.

Port Adelaide is keen on enticing the forward across the border. This column understands the Power have offered him a three-year contract deal, instead of the reported four years.

Richards told Moneyball after the game that he will make a decision on his footy future in the coming weeks, having left all discussions in the hands of his manager John Meeson during the course of the season.

He says Collingwood has been so welcoming and has learnt so much from the likes of Bobby Hill and Jamie Elliott in recent seasons.

But given he is a mature-aged player, he is keen to bed down a regular senior spot in a team that has Hill, Elliott, Lachie Schultz and Beau McCreery among the small/medium forwards.

“I haven’t delved too much into all that yet (the contract talk), I just wanted to get back into the team first and finish off the year.

“I have left with my manager. I pretty much said I didn’t want to think about it until the end of the season.”

Richards made his AFL debut in round 9 against West Coast, kicking a goal and having 18 disposals.

He played three games in a row before suffering a foot fracture during the club’s draw with Fremantle in Perth.

“It was really good to see the young guys get a run (in the last round) and do well. All we can do is put our hands up and keep working hard.

“It was good to see Ed Allan getting some reward for his efforts. The coaches backed him in and he showed what he could do.

“There are so many kids coming through. I think the future is pretty bright as we’ve still got a lot of experienced players too.”

Richards worked hard last pre-season on building up his strength and his tank, and plans to keep doing the same over the summer months, after a break in Bali.

The Magpies are keen to keep Richards, with a decision on his future to come in the next week or so.

Offers from THREE rival teams you say? Let the bidding begin!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The interesting point about Petracca is "enhancing his brand". To me that says he wants to go somewhere he can have maximum exposure to boost his marketability. Now what club has the most members and gets the biggest crowds through the gates? :think:
Yes that did stand out. Post career was mentioned as well.

Hope not. Averaged about 8 games a season for the last 5 years and is 31 years old. We would need to sign him for 2-3 years.

From that, it doesn't sound like he wants to leave - lets hope that is the case.
If Port's offer is 3 years, we could give him 2 plus a trigger for a third.
There's the money too, of course.
I think Joe is good enough to become a fixture in the side.

Offers from THREE rival teams you say? Let the bidding begin!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bidding? The only party that wins out of a bidding process is Richards because he makes a decision on his future then we deal with the club he nominates if he chooses to leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back