List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened then?
They quite clearly failed their duty of care by allowing him to go back on the field and not receiving immediate medical attention required. He was quite literally minutes away from death.

I'm not sure why you're so persistent in arguing that this is not a serious issue, just because the worst did not happen.

In any other workplace, when your employer puts you in serious risk of harm like this you 100% have a right to explore legal ramifications. The AFL is not immune to common workplace laws.

Yeah numbers are skewed unrealistic by sub appearances and low TOG. Look at the stats for the five weeks where he’s got extended midfield time
Thanks, that’s what I gathered. Thought he must have had a recent purple patch. Don’t watch enough GWS games to know anything about him

That’s a puzzling one. The one thing Saints don’t need is another running HB
Yeah
Maybe his options are limited now lol

“He was strongly linked to Melbourne for a time and that did appear the most likely outcome before things further unraveled at the Demons,” Edmund said.

“There’s the possibility that he remains at Port, but with the Melbourne door closing they’ve been looking at other avenues.

“One of those avenues is absolutely St Kilda. There has been conversations between club and player here. My understanding is Houston has a level of interest in getting to Moorabbin.

“As things stand, he is one to watch when it comes to St Kilda’s trade period.”

not going to pretend I know anything about Peatling, but why does a mature ager taken in 22 MSD averaging around 12 touches get talked up like he’s an up and coming gun? Has he had a breakout season?
He can't get into their midfield. He's very quick and agile, has plenty of size and pace. There's a lot to like, just needs opportunities

For about the millionth time, what damage did he sustain when he went back on?
Again dr

So you don’t think running around as an afl player tackling and getting crunched after the lung was punctured and the spleen was ripped and the internal bleeding worsened the situation ???
Let alone making more difficult restorative surgery and higher risks of complications

The only doubt I have with a Peatling trade is that he fits the out of sight out of mind mould because his numbers don’t jump off the page at you, he wasn’t a high draft pick like say Phillips and he’s off broadway at GWS. All of that leads to supporter misalignment if he’s the best player we land. I’d liken him to George Hewett in that he just needs increased opportunity to show what he can do and would expect a Lipinski 2022 type season from him next year as a minimum.

He’s much better than Phillips, who wouldn’t get a game at GWS.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thanks, that’s what I gathered. Thought he must have had a recent purple patch. Don’t watch enough GWS games to know anything about him
Yeah with the Giants having Green, Cogs, Kelly, Callaghan, Ward etc in their midfield you’re gonna find it hard to get opportunities.

When Kelly and Cogs were out he got extended mid time which showed his talent. Glad we’re having a look at him becuase it’s the right age profile for us and in a position of need

I would prefer we get pick 20 for JFN and take it to the draft and get a kf and not touch our future first.
Get Davies for our 2nd rounder, if not him then Berry or similar and see if we can get another pick via trading someone else surplus to us.
Bring in a stop gap UFA kd and get Keane next year for free. I'd rather keep Richards but maybe that could be a player swap if he decides to go.
Love Trac but not at the expense of the clubs stability, cap wise.
As far as Lynch is concerned, he's a knob BUT if we get a 1st round pick with said knob then I can live with that 😬
this and this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are just making shit up.

Please point to where there is any evidence or reporting of there being some kind of AFL investigation into this matter?

I have not alleged an investigation is currently underway - you are the one making stuff up.

But unless you have inside information, then, you can't dismiss the possibility that one has already begun behind closed doors.

Per above post, we now find out there's a grievance tribunal - do you believe that wouldn't involve the AFL thoroughly investigating the events as part of making a decision?

This is all just common sense.
Infact from a PR point of view the AFL will need to do its own investigation at a minimum, to understand the veracity of Petracca and his families claims irrespective of whether they go to the grievance tribunal.

If you believe the AFL, stands by idly, on this crucial player welfare issue, particularly given the massive media coverage, then I think you're failing to appreciate the impact of Concussion on the AFL's sensitivity to its obligations to protect players.

Last edited:
sideswipe maybe you can provide some clarity as you seem to know about these things.

Last night there was an article saying Petracca was exploring going to the afl grievance tribunal to force melbourne to trade him. How does that work? Assuming he’s successful (which I don’t take as a given), would the tribunal cancel the contract with melbourne given compo from the afl? Or would it mean that they would have to trade him for the best they can get. I couldn’t see the latter being to a club of his choosing because they’d be negotiating with their hands tied, it would have to be with whoever offers the most for that to be fair I would’ve thought.
Sounds like a complete load of shit written by a journo with no idea. The Grievance Tribunal provisions in the CBA just lay out a framework for internal dispute resolution. In order for a playing contract to be set aside, the player would need to a right of termination. I certainly don't think there is one here.

The playing contract does specify the Club has a duty to provide a safe working environment - even if it could be shown that this was not the case, I don't believe it would be grounds for terminating a contract.

I’m not sure how you can say that our midfield is fine as it is when we’re relying on Pendlebury and Sidebottom to run through there while having to utilise Nick in a contested role rather than being a receiver. More than half our midfield is on the wrong side of 30, adding Petracca and eliminating the need to rely on our older guys would be a blessing.
Trac is 29yo in January, so you'd get 12 mths before you'd need to tweak this comment

For about the millionth time, what damage did he sustain when he went back on?
This is totally besides the point and irrelevant. He had a life threatening injury and they allowed him back on the field instead of receiving required medical attention. Negligence does not care if the worst case scenario happened or not.

do you know for sure it was nothing? wouldn't of improved it is my guess.
Again dr

So you don’t think running around as an afl player tackling and getting crunched after the lung was punctured and the spleen was ripped and the internal bleeding worsened the situation ???
Let alone making more difficult restorative surgery and higher risks of complications
The trick would be proving there was damage caused during that time. That aint happening.

This is totally besides the point and irrelevant. He had a life threatening injury and they allowed him back on the field instead of receiving required medical attention. Negligence does not care if the worst case scenario happened or not.
There is a concept called causation. Look it up and come back to me on the elements required for a negligence claim to succeed.

do you know for sure it was nothing? wouldn't of improved it is my guess.
Also could be the angle that if he got to the hospital sooner and operated on sooner it may not have been as dire.

Only medicos would know the answer to that and whether or not the time lost ( not sure how long it would have been) in getting him there made any difference to his condition.

The trick would be proving there was damage caused during that time. That aint happening.
A person with 0 medical knowledge could tell you someone who needs immediate surgery with life threatening injuries is doing damage by running around on the MCG instead of going to hospital. There are no tricks here.

Honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not.

They quite clearly failed their duty of care by allowing him to go back on the field and not receiving immediate medical attention required. He was quite literally minutes away from death.

I'm not sure why you're so persistent in arguing that this is not a serious issue, just because the worst did not happen.

In any other workplace, when your employer puts you in serious risk of harm like this you 100% have a right to explore legal ramifications. The AFL is not immune to common workplace laws.
Not saying its not a serious issue, not saying the afl is immune to workplace laws - just telling people there isn't an avenue for Petracca to sue for negligence.

Next

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back