List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually, the claimant needs to find one, probably two, docs who say that running around the MCG DID cause further damage. And specify what that damage was.

The defence wouldn't actually need a doc. They could probably just sink it on cross. When the doc gets asked "can you specify what the damage was before and after", he will say, ah, I can't say.

And then everyone goes home.
Quite easy to specify what the damage was when you're dealing with internal bleeding. Any time spent not receiving medical attention (especially when running around), is causing further blood loss. Blood loss which almost resulted in his death. There you go - damage specified.

Why the hell do people keep referring to the "family"? Let's leave them out of it.

The rest of your theory is just wrong. The extension of your suggested scenario is that no player should ever be allowed back on the field if there is a potential for internal injury.

Risk is just part and parcel of professional footy.

Will leave it there.
Because the family will the public face of why Petracca would be suing the MFC - the fiance, the mum, the dad all on the news and media - You seriously think the AFL would want that ?

You missed the point he went back on with internal injuries !!

Doctors are there to stop the possibility of bad becoming a lot worse - ala Moore being subbed out.

Big legal difference risk and life threatening injuries/death.

not going to pretend I know anything about Peatling, but why does a mature ager taken in 22 MSD averaging around 12 touches get talked up like he’s an up and coming gun? Has he had a breakout season? Usually sub?

Has put together a really good 6 week patch playing inside mid and has been great with clearences.

Quite easy to specify what the damage was when you're dealing with internal bleeding. Any time spent not receiving medical attention (especially when running around), is causing further blood loss. Blood loss which almost resulted in his death. There you go - damage specified.
FMD - he wasn't operated on until something like 3am the next day. You've specified nothing.

Because the family will the public face of why Petracca would be suing the MFC - the fiance, the mum, the dad all on the news and media - You seriously think the AFL would want that ?

You missed the point he went back on with internal injuries !!

Doctors are there to stop the possibility of bad becoming a lot worse - ala Moore being subbed out.

Big legal difference risk and life threatening injuries/death.
Medical negligence isn't that simple. This one isn't getting up. Nor would it ever be launched.

Actually, the claimant needs to find one, probably two, docs who say that running around the MCG DID cause further damage. And specify what that damage was.

The defence wouldn't actually need a doc. They could probably just sink it on cross. When the doc gets asked "can you specify what the damage was before and after", he will say, ah, I can't say.

And then everyone goes home.

FMD - he wasn't operated on until something like 3am the next day. You've specified nothing.

personal injury = see medical report ie. he nearly died

'acceleration' of (pre-existing) personal injury would be the focus

could easily make a case re 'acceleration'

threshold is only balance of probabilities

Would Tim Membrey be worth a look if he parts ways with the Stains?

Not quite what we need size-wise as a KPF, but he has always struck me as a smart third tall forward who can get out on the lead, is good in the air and converts his shots on goal at a good clip, similar to what Howe has done for us on the occasions when he has been shifted forward.
I would absolutely take him. Played pretty damn well in a mediocre team, and is a reliable shot on goal. Still very capable as a handy marking third tall

Medical negligence isn't that simple. This one isn't getting up. Nor would it ever be launched.

The part I find the most strange is that when he went back on the ground after his injury, that was the longest time he had spent on the ground in one stint all season.

May not be classified as negligence but it seems a strange decision to have made.

MFC are his employers and after his injury he was put back in an unsafe place - due to the injury - and the possibilities of what could have happened.
MFC cannot argue no knowledge as they have Doctors on the sidelines.
The Petracca family can make this a very big thing in the public light with their boy - already injured - being allowed to go back on and the potential things that could have happened.
They could also argue that his injuries were far more consequential than a concussion and players have been subbed out due to this - see Moore last game - he was subbed out to protect the player from further possible injury.
Now use the Moore case in the Petracca scenario and MFC's handing could be seen as negligent by placing an employee in a very unsafe place where the ramifications could have been life threatening.
Slater & Gordon would have a field day with this.
This is why I think the AFL will want the Petracca trade to happen quickly and will 'ask' MFC to get it done very quickly.
I am sure that CFC is a very safe employer. ;)

Under your scenario, MFC will have to cave in and meekly trade Petracca for significant unders.

Now, put yourself in MFC Board and Footy Dept shoes - how do they possibly explain and sell that to their members and supporters? They would all have to tender their resignations.

It ain’t gonna happen. At least one club - I predict Richmond (or Essendon) - will offer two first rounders and Petracca and MFC will agree to it, to bring this sordid affair to an end in a face-saving way.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is there any chance the Petracca discussion can be moved to its own thread? Based on Fly’s comments last night it’s not a situation we (the club) are currently involved with and the thread seems to be getting bogged down in a hypothetical legal debate that about something that may not actually be happening and b if it did like most legal disputes will likely be dependent on details we (Bigfooty posters) are not privy too and won’t be unless it actually goes to court.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MFC are his employers and after his injury he was put back in an unsafe place - due to the injury - and the possibilities of what could have happened.
MFC cannot argue no knowledge as they have Doctors on the sidelines.
The Petracca family can make this a very big thing in the public light with their boy - already injured - being allowed to go back on and the potential things that could have happened.
They could also argue that his injuries were far more consequential than a concussion and players have been subbed out due to this - see Moore last game - he was subbed out to protect the player from further possible injury.
Now use the Moore case in the Petracca scenario and MFC's handing could be seen as negligent by placing an employee in a very unsafe place where the ramifications could have been life threatening.
Slater & Gordon would have a field day with this.
This is why I think the AFL will want the Petracca trade to happen quickly and will 'ask' MFC to get it done very quickly.
I am sure that CFC is a very safe employer. ;)
this sounds like wishcasting

Is there any chance the Petracca discussion can be moved to its own thread? Based on Fly’s comments last night it’s not a situation we are currently involved with and the thread seems to be getting bogged down in a hypothetical legal debate that about something that may not actually be happening and b if it did like most legal disputes will likely be dependent on details we’re not privy too and won’t be unless it actually goes to court.
I agree. It's nothing but a pipe dream. Let's put our efforts into getting another midfielder that won't cost the earth

The part I find the most strange is that when he went back on the ground after his injury, that was the longest time he had spent on the ground in one stint all season.

May not be classified as negligence but it seems a strange decision to have made.
I reckon they knew they couldn’t be sued for negligence so they figured why not. Let’s try and win the game.

personal injury = see medical report ie. he nearly died

'acceleration' of (pre-existing) personal injury would be the focus

could easily make a case re 'acceleration'

threshold is only balance of probabilities
For a start, we need to prove the doc was negligent in allowing the return to play. Which I am not sure is particularly easy.

Not sure how easy it would be to show "acceleration" if the op took place about 10 hours later?

Over and out

I'm not sure how or where I had a crack at you? I have made no comment about Petracca's mental health. It's none of my business. Although Trac seems more than happy to talk about it in podcasts recorded well before any trade speculation began. So your claim that he was "forced to respond" is wrong.

The only thing I have addressed is the repeated and flawed claim that Petracca might have some form of legal redress against Melbourne.

Fair enough.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tomlinson is a free agent, he will be good cover.

Yeah agree, always thought he was stiff stuck behind lever and may and would have played a lot more footy elsewhere. I’m no expert in how good he is one on one, anyone else watched this guy a little closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back