List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dees are only proving what a shitty, unprofessional, nasty organisation they are.

They leaked stuff about Oliver last year. And now they're leaking stuff about Petracca.

No wonder he wants to leave.

The best thing they could do is get rid of Goodwin, Pert & Roffey.

The Gary Pert effect. The same was happening at Pie land while he was there too - seems everywhere here goes ends up in tumult.

When one has internal injuries

The last thing you want is to increase the heart rate and hypertension which is a given with physical exertion let alone playing afl football
The key thing here is the scan its interpretation and then if the signs and symptoms warranted an immediate cessation of playing again on queens birthday
The scan might not have showed the significance of the injury or the scan was misinterpreted or the injuries were missed on viewing the radiology
And then should have been a reasonable expectation of the possibility that internal injuries were present

It happens
The key thing for a claim to get up would be to show the decision to allow a return to play was negigent and damage was suffered as a result. Good luck

Our midfield was one of the worst and the most frustrating part of the ground to watch this season.

Don’t know if Petracca is the answer, but I’m sure there’s many moneyball players out there that can fill the void.

Names that spring to mind are Setterfield, Hobbs, Davies, Brodie, Berry or even Parker.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Setterfield is an interesting one - he's only played 4 games this year and rated elite for tackles and above average in everything else.
It's an admittedly small sample size, but it could be worth asking the question.
Essendon play a dwarf midfield, but Setterfield is 192cm and can't get a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They quite clearly failed their duty of care by allowing him to go back on the field and not receiving immediate medical attention required. He was quite literally minutes away from death.

I'm not sure why you're so persistent in arguing that this is not a serious issue, just because the worst did not happen.

In any other workplace, when your employer puts you in serious risk of harm like this you 100% have a right to explore legal ramifications. The AFL is not immune to common workplace laws.
Petracca himself said he was right to go back on, duty of care works both ways.
your right he does a 100 percent right to explore, that doesn’t mean he will win or prove anything.

Yes. Good luck finding a medical professional who will tell you that running around on the MCG with a ruptured spleen, punctured lung and internal bleeding ISN'T causing more damage.
Actually, the claimant needs to find one, probably two, docs who say that running around the MCG DID cause further damage. And specify what that damage was.

The defence wouldn't actually need a doc. They could probably just sink it on cross. When the doc gets asked "can you specify what the damage was before and after", he will say, ah, I can't say.

And then everyone goes home.

Not really my forte - what are you getting at?
MFC are his employers and after his injury he was put back in an unsafe place - due to the injury - and the possibilities of what could have happened.
MFC cannot argue no knowledge as they have Doctors on the sidelines.
The Petracca family can make this a very big thing in the public light with their boy - already injured - being allowed to go back on and the potential things that could have happened.
They could also argue that his injuries were far more consequential than a concussion and players have been subbed out due to this - see Moore last game - he was subbed out to protect the player from further possible injury.
Now use the Moore case in the Petracca scenario and MFC's handing could be seen as negligent by placing an employee in a very unsafe place where the ramifications could have been life threatening.
Slater & Gordon would have a field day with this.
This is why I think the AFL will want the Petracca trade to happen quickly and will 'ask' MFC to get it done very quickly.
I am sure that CFC is a very safe employer. ;)

MFC are his employers and after his injury he was put back in an unsafe place - due to the injury - and the possibilities of what could have happened.
The Petracca family can make this a very big thing in the public light with their boy - already injured - being allowed to go back on and the potential things that could have happened.
They could also argue that his injuries were far more consequential than a concussion and players have been subbed out due to this - see Moore last game - he was subbed out to protect the player from further possible injury.
Now use the Moore case in the Petracca scenario and MFC's handing could be seen as negligent by placing an employee in a very unsafe place where the ramifications could have been life threatening.
This is why I think the AFL will want the Petracca trade to happen quickly and will 'ask' MFC to get it done very quickly.
Our doctors pull everyone off
Unlike Geelong whose players can recover from concussion With a Panadol

Setterfield is an interesting one - he's only played 4 games this year and rated elite for tackles and above average in everything else.
It's an admittedly small sample size, but it could be worth asking the question.
Essendon play a dwarf midfield, but Setterfield is 192cm and can't get a game.

The guys on the Midweek Tackle last night seemed to think Hobbs was the one mire likely to leave Essendon.

Why the hell do people keep referring to the "family"? Let's leave them out of it.

The rest of your theory is just wrong. The extension of your suggested scenario is that no player should ever be allowed back on the field if there is a potential for internal injury.

Risk is just part and parcel of professional footy.

Will leave it there.

Would Tim Membrey be worth a look if he parts ways with the Stains?

Not quite what we need size-wise as a KPF, but he has always struck me as a smart third tall forward who can get out on the lead, is good in the air and converts his shots on goal at a good clip, similar to what Howe has done for us on the occasions when he has been shifted forward.

Not quite what we need size-wise as a KPF, but he has always struck me as a smart third tall forward who can get out on the lead, is good in the air and converts his shots on goal at a good clip, similar to what Howe has done for us on the occasions when he has been shifted forward.

No thanks - he has major yips a while back.

To old

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back