List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

It's looking unlikely for Reef and Kreuger to at least stay on senior list with the number crunch
I'd be more inclined to keep Reef, he's younger & has more potential to play defence or elsewhere. I like Freddy, but he's limited in what role he plays & not the kpf we need to help Dan & Checkers.

Lipinski went for pick 43. Anything to suggest Noble or Richards will get a pick in the low 20s???
Richards likely to get something that early, but Noble is a best 22 player who’s played 120+ games and baresly missed outside of last years finals series.
Lipinski in comparison had played 56 games in 5 years at the dogs, averaging only 11~ a season and was out of contract, so I ask you is there anything to suggest why he wouldn’t get a pick that’s significantly better than the one used to get Lipinski?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Folks keep saying we cannot afford CP etc...
Clearly our meagre draft cache is a minor part, so a handy or better player/s would be required.
Then of course their salary comes out of our cap and viola, CP be accommodated.

Surely with Noble and Richards heading out we can find some currency for Trac. We gotta get creative, we can’t let him get to Carlton.
Unless they are in absolute strife - and in the absence of Covid cap reductions/freezes - clubs can always move things around. Without delving too far into capology, we could find plenty of dollars in 25 by backending Moore, Daicii, IQ, etc. Then the year after we will have a lot of veterans coming off the books.

Finding something to satisfy Melbourne is the hard bit, not finding cap space.

I got the opposite from that tweet. Doesnt Bowes style salary dump mean we can afford him? We'd be taking on the contract with a pick attached
I agree - that says to me that we have cap space to pay a player $1M a year.
There's a lot to play out yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back