List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless they are in absolute strife - and in the absence of Covid cap reductions/freezes - clubs can always move things around. Without delving too far into capology, we could find plenty of dollars in 25 by backending Moore, Daicii, IQ, etc. Then the year after we will have a lot of veterans coming off the books.

Finding something to satisfy Melbourne is the hard bit, not finding cap space.
I’m not referring to cap space. I would assume we are okay there.

The issue with the Hawks is that in a couple of years most of their young blokes will want a bigger piece of the pie. They'll end up losing multiple players who get offered cash elsewhere.

Someone on EBnW said hawks are front loading a lot of thier contracts atm to attack FA in coming years.

Within the next three weeks Christian Petracca will request a trade to Collingwood.

The only way I can possibly see it happening is our future first and probably Allan + something else.

After watching him perform so well against the Dees with proper minutes in the midfield, I really don’t want to lose Allan.

Meanwhile… his club let him go back out (injured), he had poor follow up (while in ICU) and club leaders (including his captain) are questioning his rehab methods and mental strength.

I feel sympathy for the Dees regarding this. Petracca comes across as pretty stoic - probably impacting both him being cleared to return to the field and also no one visiting him in hospital. Fair chance he hid how bad things were on both fronts. Whose boss or workmates send you home if you say you're fine or visit you in hospital if you say you're not too bad.

All guess work of course, which is what the whole thing is at this stage.

Can't see how Carlton can fit Trac in their salary cap, i know we have no chance but looks like his options are very little and with his contract still being 5 years makes it very hard to restructure
I agree. They can't at present. Blues need to lose salary. Dees need a key forward. It may involve a 3rd club and if I was to guess I would say possibly STK. CP allegedly made his mind up some time ago. His manager reportedly speaking to several clubs for sometime. . One club over values it players and under values those at other teams and another will give it a great shake. Dees despite being told, were reportedly unaware of how angry CP is at the club.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Someone on EBnW said hawks are front loading a lot of thier contracts atm to attack FA in coming years.
I can see that being the case. Sicily is the only one who would have been on a justifiably big contract at the start of the last two seasons. They would have had them front loaded the last two years to meet the minumum cap spend.

The only way I can possibly see it happening is our future first and probably Allan + something else.

After watching him perform so well against the Dees with proper minutes in the midfield, I really don’t want to lose Allan.
I fully agree with you on Allan. However, why couldn't the trade for Petracca be something like:

Gold Coast -> give pick 20 for Noble.
Melbourne -> get pick 20 + COLL F1 + Allan
Collingwood -> get Petracca.

Roast me if this is not doable and why Melbourne wouldn't accept it.

No, you still don’t get it.
What I’m saying has absolutely nothing to do with who we trade for those picks.

It was that recently when we have traded out our future 1st, we end up underperforming. Ie. playing finals in 2020, and trading our future 1st in 2020 and we finished 2nd last in 2021.

In 2023 we traded our future 1st and went from premiers to dropping outside the 8.

Again, I repeat, my comment has absolutely nothing to do with the players/picks we traded out our 1st for. It was that we have funnily enough performed worse the following year than we expected.

Hence I said if we trade out next years 1st, we’ll probably finish lower again.

You need to lighten up a bit.
I get it and you've added quite a few layers to your original post. If we trade next years first you can guarantee a bottom 3 finish is what you said. Utter nonsense not even factoring in conceivably getting something really good for it. Next years 1 will be traded, the club has a plan and its better than yours, it's just the truth.

I fully agree with you on Allan. However, why couldn't the trade for Petracca be something like:

Personally it’s trading away our future for 3 years of elite Petracca.

Maybe it’s enough to grab another premiership. But it’s a massive risk.

I agree. They can't at present. Blues need to lose salary. Dees need a key forward. It may involve a 3rd club and if I was to guess I would say possibly STK. CP allegedly made his mind up some time ago. His manager reportedly speaking to several clubs for sometime. . One club over values it players and under values those at other teams and another will give it a great shake. Dees despite being told, were reportedly unaware of how angry CP is at the club.

Interesting - Saints might work as a middle man - King might be shiftable to the Dees for a payrise (very undeserved) and make up a big piece of the trade.

If we cant afford Luko, then we def can't afford CP unless dees pay some of his salary in a dump
I think you’ve completely misunderstood Ralph’s tweet tbh. At no point did he even hint that we couldn’t afford his salary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highly doubt Allan + family is going to want to go to Melbourne.

After watching him perform so well against the Dees in the midfield, I really don’t want to lose Allan.
If the 'something else' is fairly minimal, I think you have to jump at that. Allan is certainly promising, but I think the gamble is worth it. I would be sad to lose Allan, but for a premier midfielder like Trac...

Next thing McKay will ask for a trade from the blues for how they’ve treated him, and not to melb 😂
Yep. Exactly what happened to Vossy when he tried to send Bradshaw and Rischitelli to Carlton back in the day. They both ended up elsewhere, but not to Carlton.
Do you think he’s learnt his lesson?? 😄

Max King?

If the 'something else' is fairly minimal, I think you have to jump at that. Allan is certainly promising, but I think the gamble is worth it. I would be sad to lose Allan, but for a premier midfielder like Trac...

The something else would at least need to be whatever upgrade whatever we get for Noble and Richards.

So for the sake of the argument maybe an early second.

Future first, Allan, Pick 20-25 (Noble & Richards) for Petracca.

Too much IMO.

Last edited:
I feel sympathy for the Dees regarding this. Petracca comes across as pretty stoic - probably impacting both him being cleared to return to the field and also no one visiting him in hospital. Fair chance he hid how bad things were on both fronts. Whose boss or workmates send you home if you say you're fine or visit you in hospital if you say you're not too bad.

All guess work of course, which is what the whole thing is at this stage.
Sympathy for the Devil?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back