List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a thought, and one that may work is

Houston to Saints
King To Melbourne
Trac to Pies
Beau to Port

And then add in all of the picks needed, our future first would be enough, and Port would need more than just Beau.

Not sure Saints want to lose King given they have little options to replace him.

I think it might tend up a multi club deal, and we may have to rejig some contracts to back end them until our senior players retire.

Melbourne needs a Key forward, and Houston is going to the Saints by all reports. The pieces are there, lets see what unfolds.

And also, no way is Allan getting traded, he will be a huge win for us and will come good.

Houston to Saints
King To Melbourne
Trac to Pies
Beau to Port

And then add in all of the picks needed, our future first would be enough, and Port would need more than just Beau.

Not sure Saints want to lose King given they have little options to replace him.

I think it might tend up a multi club deal, and we may have to rejig some contracts to back end them until our senior players retire.

Melbourne needs a Key forward, and Houston is going to the Saints by all reports. The pieces are there, lets see what unfolds.

And also, no way is Allan getting traded, he will be a huge win for us and will come good.
Not trading Beau.

Houston to Saints
King To Melbourne
Trac to Pies
Beau to Port

Not trading Beau given our game is based off pressure.

Re-reading the Jon Ralph tweet I guess it could be interpreted that the Suns are the ones that have the cap space, hence why it's not a salary dump, and the reason they'd want a first rounder?

I think they are at least pretending they do. Unlike the Bowes situation.

It’s still a fairly transparent bluff though. No way they actually want to keep him or his contract.

Not trading Beau given our game is based off pressure.
In a vacuum I obviously think we'd want to avoid it, but if such a deal presented (I don't think it is likely or feasible, btw) you'd have to jump on it. We'd be getting the best player and losing the worst in the deal

Houston to Saints
King To Melbourne
Trac to Pies
Beau to Port

Got to give something to get something. I like it. Beau and the pick 20 from noble and I am in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel sympathy for the Dees regarding this. Petracca comes across as pretty stoic - probably impacting both him being cleared to return to the field and also no one visiting him in hospital. Fair chance he hid how bad things were on both fronts. Whose boss or workmates send you home if you say you're fine or visit you in hospital if you say you're not too bad.

All guess work of course, which is what the whole thing is at this stage.

My half-arsed guess is that Trac would also have a major case of the blues because he hasn’t been able to exercise since KB. It’s a big change for him. At least with an ACL you can do something.

Time on hands = self on mind.

That’d be the angle I’d be pushing if I was the Dees.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Getting the resources for CP isn't the problem.
Its about how much risk we want to take & whether Melb want to hold the line or not.

Posted this the other day....clearly some caveats around the health of our Cap....

Get after GC for pick 13.
Noble & 32 (points for lombard). Hell.....give 'em 48 as well if that's what it takes.
Offer to pay Nobles final two years (whatever we owed him and have already budgeted in our Cap for '25,'26) as a way for GC to take some cap relief (allows them to move money forward etc).

Get this done on day 1. Changes GC / Rich deal for Rioli...so they may be interested from that point alone.

Getting pick 13 unlocks the trade period for us.

For example:

Pick 13 + F1 as the basis for CP (could be + reef / kruegs....who cares....seat at the table if Melb want to deal)

Take pick 37 back from Port for Richards and we're back in this draft. If we don't want to be in this draft, take port F2 / F3.

Lastly....if CP or Houston isn't available....then take 13 (and maybe 37) to the draft.
Which would end up something like Noble, Richards, 32 into 13,37

At the very least, turning Noble into 13 from GC would be an astute move and gives us options.

Re-reading the Jon Ralph tweet I guess it could be interpreted that the Suns are the ones that have the cap space, hence why it's not a salary dump, and the reason they'd want a first rounder?
He's saying Collingwood enquired and were interested in him if it were a salary dump, like Bowes last year. Gold Coast said it wasn't, and wanted a first rounder for him. Collingwood no longer interested.

They both have cap space to fit him according to the tweet.

One of those interesting situations where all the parties in a potential negotiation have weak hands, so there will only be a deal if dead rats are swallowed. Melbourne is weak because they have alienated their player. Petracca because he is contracted but wants out. Carlton and Collingwood because they have limited trade capital.
If Petracca is dreally determined to get out he might have to be the first to chow down. His salary would seem give him room for compromise (or maybe a bit of creativity) without seriously damaging his financial welfare in the long term. He's not that different to anybody who wants to leave a job or employer they've fallen out with -- sometimes the compromise of a lower salary in the short term is acceptable.
Collingwood might be the least weak party because (similarly to Carlton) we can choose to do nothing and that would be risk-free. Bracket that with (the rumour that) we are Petracca's preference and we're in a slightly better spot than Carlton.
For that reason I won't be surprised if Petracca ends up with us.
What a great post. Free from the bias or prejudice that comes from seeking and justifying a pre-determined outcome, which is what a lot of posters here and others are currently doing.

Houston to Saints
King To Melbourne
Trac to Pies
Beau to Port

What about
Houston to Pies
King To don’t care
Trac to Pies
Beau to Pies

Houston to Saints
King To Melbourne
Trac to Pies
Beau to Port

I’d rather keep Beau lol

Got to give something to get something. I like it. Beau and the pick 20 from noble and I am in.
Yes well it is either Beau, Hill or IQ, one of those will be required unless another club will give us a package of picks for a first rounder this year. Depends how serious Hill is about moving, I would say that fire has burnt out and he is happy here.

But no way is Allan or JDG part of any trade, one is a killer on the big stage, and Allan is part of our future. Noble moving is actually a bonus, we can get something decent in return, if not CP trade then I would be happy with Davies and Peatling.

But if I was to guess, we are all in for CP.

The only way I can possibly see it happening is our future first and probably Allan + something else.

After watching him perform so well against the Dees with proper minutes in the midfield, I really don’t want to lose Allan.
That game completely changes our thinking IMO.
2 weeks ago....he was expendable and i'd have been happy to include him.

All of a sudden next year is about getting games into him.
Hobbs / Davies etc are not required as they will be competing for the same spot with no standout attributes (fin anyone?!).

Which then changes our trade / draft thinking.....the internal domino effect of that performance would be quite pronounced i would think.

My half-arsed guess is that Trac would also have a major case of the blues because he hasn’t been able to exercise since KB. It’s a big change for him. At least with an ACL you can do something.

Time on hands = self on mind.

That’d be the angle I’d be pushing if I was the Dees.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
good angle, tell him he has mental health issues and it's all in his head.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back