List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

$950k for 6 years, seems like massive overs. Our offer was probably alot lower
I doubt we even put in an offer. Seemed to be hawks v saints for majority of the season. While other clubs had impressed interest. I doubt we would have wanted to spend that much

Interesting that we seemed to never be seriously in the hunt to get him. I wonder why not?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If contract rumours are correct, we probably would have needed to make Josh Battle our highest paid player.

It’s doable…..but it’s overs. Giving up one of our best youngsters and the draft pick that could be used to secure another one for a turning-29 player on huge money but in very uncertain mental and physical shape.

Id rather just keep Allan, get Peatling and Davies now, then next year McGuane Jnr as father-son and hopefully LDU as a free agent.

It is definitely not overs. Would you trade De Goey for a moderately lesser package (i.e. minus pick in 20s)?

If we somehow got 20 in the deal for Noble (with a swap of later picks to help Suns with academy points) would 20 + F1 + Reef get Dees to the table on CP?

I imagine if/when we trade our F1, it'll be for more points in the 2025 draft.
Unless we somehow trade 2026 points into 2025, we'll need multiple picks in the 20's/30's

If we somehow got 20 in the deal for Noble (with a swap of later picks to help Suns with academy points) would 20 + F1 + Reef get Dees to the table on CP?

If I was Melbourne yes that would get me to the table, and then ask for an upgrade on Reef. Melbourne know they are going to have to cut and run here, and get the best deal they can get.

It is definitely not overs. Would you trade De Goey for a moderately lesser package (i.e. minus pick in 20s)?

I’m getting big Dayne Beams v2.0 vibes about this whole situation.

Petracca increasing looking like damaged goods, perhaps mentally and physically, yet is at a pristine showroom-condition price in terms of both dollars and picks.

Caveat emptor!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's saying Collingwood enquired and were interested in him if it were a salary dump, like Bowes last year. Gold Coast said it wasn't, and wanted a first rounder for him. Collingwood no longer interested.

They both have cap space to fit him according to the tweet.
Not necessarily. It could mean we contacted them to see if they'd trade him for a shit pick (as a dump).

It would be then up to us and his manager to potentially renegotiate the deal, ie 4 x 750k or something.

It doesn't necessarily mean we have the full million available to take on his deal.

Pointless having salary caps if clubs are just going to ignore them (back ending, then reneging and shafting the player, shifting the $$ onto another club) and let the incoming management team address it.

It is not good for the competition to have teams in the cellar for 20 years due to fiduciary negligence. Budgets are the simplest of plans, not f’n rocket science.

Petracca increasing looking like damaged goods, perhaps mentally and physically, yet is at a pristine showroom-condition price in terms of both dollars and picks.

Caveat emptor!

Nah you cant judge him like that. He has more pride and character than Beams would ever have.

Dont do Petracca like that

A scorned player who has is well liked among the AFL , watch out i say

Caveat emptor!

This just seems like a major stretch. What is there to indicate he will be in any way different physically? Mentally, we have seen players come back from serious damage to internal organs before too.

If he was in the condition you suppose "in terms of dollars and picks", then an offer of a F1, Allan and a pick in the 20s would be laughed at.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back