List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m getting big Dayne Beams v2.0 vibes about this whole situation.

Petracca increasing looking like damaged goods, perhaps mentally and physically, yet is at a pristine showroom-condition price in terms of both dollars and picks.

Caveat emptor!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I don't think Trac has anywhere near the same mental issues Beams had.

In saying that, Beams' form in 2018 (career best and top 10 in brownlow) was at least on par with Trac and didn't have the injury issues Trac is currently facing.

I would still back Trac in to get over the mental and physical hurdles over Beams, he is far more professional in how he goes about his footy.

So a normal trade, but with more words. And fwiw, no they wouldn’t be accepting less in a trade just because they’re not paying some of his salary, this isn’t a salary dump.

You've got to remember some of these guys are signing as long as possible to secure their lives; job security, mortgages, etc.

Not everyone will love everything about their club or the city it's in.

But anyway, in all seriousness... at this point Melbourne may as well just merge with St Kilda and be done with it.

I’m getting big Dayne Beams v2.0 vibes about this whole situation.

Petracca increasing looking like damaged goods, perhaps mentally and physically, yet is at a pristine showroom-condition price in terms of both dollars and picks.

Caveat emptor!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Could not agree more with this.

If things are as bad between Petracca and MFC, they have a real problem on their hands - a 5 yr, million dollar plus /yr problem.

Just as we were desperate to offload Grundy and Treloar a few years back, albeit for different reasons, they will be equally desperate to resolve this likely impasse, and will very likely take unders.

At this stage, the way things look, giving up future star players, together with future firsts etc would appear overkill - especially for a player who potentially may not be a shadow of his former brilliant self.

Whilst unlikely hopefully, I would not be shocked if he even walks away from the game.

Some guy on SEN just said Brand Petracca's entire family are mad Collingwood supporters and the family influence will be strong and it would be Brand Petracca's dream to pull on the black & white. This along with the Derrimut cafe meeting is enough evidence to call it.

Welcome to Collingwood Christian Petracca.

Sorry mate, his name is Brand.

This is something we didn't know. So while top 20 picks have an auto of 3 years, the others have an activation for a third.

"Outside of the top 20, it's an activation for a third (year in a draftee's contract). There's no negotiating, it's just what the top 20 get and it gets passed on to those players"

Which would apply to TJ and Harry.

A first rounder for Lukosious? Tell them they’re dreaming.
I think they learnt their lesson from Bowes. They had clubs lining up to try to get Bowes to nominate them. They didn't need to pay as much as pick 7 to get him off the books.

They're doing it more gradually this time starting with any interest for the full trade price. I think they'll end up paying a pick to get him off the books. But not an early one.

"Work needs to be done, and it won’t be easy, and despite all the weirdness, the odds of Petracca playing at Melbourne next year are better than what they were a week ago."
I'm more inclined to think he'll stay. Dees have done him dirty with their leaking to the media, similar to what they did with Oliver.

Yet despite this, Petracca was the one who addressed his team mates last week, attended the Dees/Pies game & sat in the box with the rest of the players & was on the boundary to farewell Ben Brown.

They'd be better off moving Roffey, Pert &/or Goodwin on.

I'm more inclined to think he'll stay. Dees have done him dirty with their leaking to the media, similar to what they did with Oliver.

Yet despite this, Petracca was the one who addressed his team mates last week, attended the Dees/Pies game & sat in the box with the rest of the players & was on the boundary to farewell Ben Brown.

They'd be better off moving Roffey, Pert &/or Goodwin on.
Yeah.
There needs to be work done to repair things, but he cares enough to express his frustrations. Sometimes that's the start of what you need to make change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players get over stuff pretty quick when an absolute gun walks in the door.

Trac is perfect for us.
Trac the player is perfect.

The trade needed.
The contract 5 years for about 7 million.
The age of 29.
The injury/mental complications.

Are not ideal and could leave us in limbo financially and draft wise for years.

Fly comments on it were spot on imo.

Trac the player is perfect.

The trade needed.
The contract 5 years for about 7 million.
The age of 29.
The injury/mental complications.

Are not ideal and could leave us in limbo financially and draft wise for years.

Fly comments on it were spot on imo.
Spot on! This is why I'm against it, I don't want us to risk it.

Players we have left which aren't re-signed per Zerohanger.
Do they have it correct?

Jack Bytel,
Charlie Dean,
Joshua Eyre,
Nathan Kreuger,
Ned Long,
Oleg Markov,
Reef McInnes,
Wil Parker,
Joe Richards,
Lachie Sullivan

Typically trading for players on large contracts or with a high trade price take at least 12 months planning to carry out. Unless there’s a fire sale I think it’s difficult for a club to recruit Petracca with such little notice, especially those clubs mooted. Richmond might be a position to, but would club and player do it?

Think it’s more likely that one of Petracca or Goodwin won’t be at the dees in 2026.

I get it and you've added quite a few layers to your original post. If we trade next years first you can guarantee a bottom 3 finish is what you said. Utter nonsense not even factoring in conceivably getting something really good for it. Next years 1 will be traded, the club has a plan and its better than yours, it's just the truth.
Sorry, I can’t type any slower to assist you with your understanding.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back