List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Jen,

My early forecasted changes below ignoring rookie/senior list maneuvers and ignoring the netted out changes from the MSD with Murph/Crarmichael.

IN: M.Keane (trade), A.Davies (trade), draft pick1, draft pick2, draft pick3
OUT: A.Begg (delisted), J.Noble (trade), L.Sullivan (delisted), J.Bytel (delisted), J.Eyre (delisted)

Optimistically assuming Richards stays. Maybe there is scope buy out Ash Johnson too if we need to free up another list spot?

I also hoping we avoid going down the SSP route with any of those 3 available list spots. Back in the youngsters at the draft.
Think more than 2 will go off the primary list ( Murphy and Noble mentioned )

For these changes to occur we would either have to increase our primary list numbers to 37 or 38 which I don’t think we will or delist 3 players and re-rookie.

Yes he did. He was seemingly just managing them better. Same at Collingwood when he arrived. His injury issues seemed the trigger for falling off the wagon.

And do you know, categorically, that Petracca has no mental health issues arising from his near-death injury and v.slow recovery, the trauma it caused his loved ones, the collapse of relationships at his workplace and the intense media scrutiny?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My understanding is they are delisting a lot more rookies than just Begg. And I think they will delist a few like AJ if no one trades for them. With the promise to re rookie if available

Isn’t AJ contracted? How can he be delisted without that being paid out? And to then re-rookie him, wouldn’t that mean a new contract ie double pay?

And do you know, categorically, that Petracca has no mental health issues arising from his near-death injury and v.slow recovery, the trauma it caused his loved ones, the collapse of relationships at his workplace and the intense media scrutiny?

I think we are safe to assume he doesn’t have a substance abuse problem.

Apparently Soldo already wants out?
Guys… you ain’t getting a gun without paying for it.
Same principle for any dodo Carlton supporters. Petracca ain’t going there for love. They need to hand over something good that Melbourne needs.
Melbourne really want a good fwd/ruck ie TDK/Cameron
Or decent mid/fwd ie Hollands McCreery/Richards.
As Bartels, said on the Radio - Melb have the problem - they get what they’re offered. It’s not up to another Club to give them full value.
A bit like us with Grundy, we were negotiating from a position of weakness.

As Bartels, said on the Radio - Melb have the problem - they get what they’re offered. It’s not up to another Club to give them full value.
A bit like us with Grundy, we were negotiating from a position of weakness.

Full agreement Spinny!

We shouldn’t be offering any more than our future first. MFC are forced sellers and to some degree Petracca is damaged goods. MFC will have to accept significant unders from us or whoever else they deal with.

Isn’t AJ contracted? How can he be delisted without that being paid out? And to then re-rookie him, wouldn’t that mean a new contract ie double pay?

We did it with Cooper Murley

You sought of hope someone else takes them first but rookie them if not taken If on rookie list the first $80k or so is outside salary cap. And it opens up a main list spot for what is supposedly a strong and deep draft

In some ways some of these rookie delistings will seem harsh, but I am glad they are prioritizing some picks in this deep national draft

Doesn’t matter we can do whatever we like as a club with our list aside from trade players to a club against their wishes.

ICU aren't in the habit of updating workplaces.
No one from the entire Melb fc could pick up a phone to chat with his fiancée ..to ask his fiancée to pass the phone to Trac for a chat (if he was able)?

Have a listen to ruff Roffey’s SEN interview from yesterday ..clueless.

No one from the entire Melb fc could pick up a phone to chat with his fiancée ..to ask his fiancée to pass the phone to Trac for a chat (if he was able)?

Have a listen to ruff Roffey’s SEN interview from yesterday ..clueless.
We don't know how it went down or what the club and players were told about the seriousness of his condition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't know how it went down or what the club and players were told about the seriousness of his condition.
I’m not really a fan of these straw man arguments myself. For all we know the club were advised to back off. I’m also not feeling the love on the Roffey hate she had to put herself up and it was always going to be a tough interview because unlike the tabloid journos Whately knows how to craft an interview.

How about this for a three way trade
Port send Houston and pick 55 to st kilda
In return get pick 7 from st kilda, Joe Richard’s and pick 50 from
Pies
St kilda send pick 7 to st kilda and pick 24 to Pies
We then use pick 24 to recruit a tall in the draft
Offset against the pick we send out that Richard’s has a value of pick 37

How about this for three way trade
Port send Houston and pick 55 to st kilda
In return get pick 7 from st kilda, Joe Richard’s and pick 50 from
Pies
St kilda send pick 7 to st kilda and pick 24 to Pies
We then use pick 24 to recruit a tall in the draft
Offset against the pick we send out that Richard’s has a value of pick 37
That reads a bit of a mess to me, but I came out with:

St Kilda get: Houston and 55
Collingwood get: 24
Port get: 7, Richards and 50

Richards and 50 for 24 seems pretty pie in the sky. Also why wouldn’t Port and St Kilda just cut Collingwood out and Port then deal 37 for Richards?

Doesn’t matter we can do whatever we like as a club with our list aside from trade players to a club against their wishes.

Sure…but the point remains that we’d have to pay out the final year of his contract and then pay him again to re-rookies him. Burning cash and cap space unnecessarily on a guy who is already a huge whipping boy.

Sure…but the point remains that we’d have to pay out the final year of his contract and then pay him again to re-rookies him. Burning cash and cap space unnecessarily on a guy who is already a huge whipping boy.

That isn’t how it works. He’d just take his current contract to the rookie list. There’s no sunk cost hence why clubs do it. The example to look up is Jared Polec 👍

That reads a bit of a mess to me, but I came out with:

St Kilda get: Houston and 55
Collingwood get: 24
Port get: 7, Richards and 50

Richards and 50 for 24 seems pretty pie in the sky. Also why wouldn’t Port and St Kilda just cut Collingwood out and Port then deal 37 for Richards?
Thanks for the edit
Depends whether they want to get the deal done

I’m not really a fan of these straw man arguments myself. For all we know the club were advised to back off. I’m also not feeling the love on the Roffey hate she had to put herself up and it was always going to be a tough interview because unlike the tabloid journos Whately knows how to craft an interview.
Did she have to do the interview?
All she offered was meaningless platitudes. The only concrete takeaway was that she hasn’t spoken to Petracca!

Thanks for the edit
Depends whether they want to get the deal done
I think his uncontracted status makes it tough. On face value it’s more than we got for Henry who was twice the tradable commodity, IMO.

That isn’t how it works. He’d just take his current contract to the rookie list. There’s no sunk cost hence why clubs do it. The example to look up is Jared Polec

Why wouldn’t AJ just say “No, I’ll see out my existing main list contract, thanks.”?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back