List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

nah, disagree, totally relevant.

It's possible he goes to another Vic club - sure, that's how an open market works - but we came in "late" and "he'd already had discussions with 4 or 5 other clubs".

The 'wait a year' which then makes him OOC & UFA is one of the factors that determines value or price. Clearly, the other 4 or 5 clubs were not prepared to pay 2nd round + future 1st. Freo, on the other hand, were weighing up whatever current offers came their way vs the reality of losing him for nothing in 12 mths time.

"The Magpies recruit’s manager also revealed they’d had discussions with “four or five” other clubs plus inquires from two non-Victorian sides that had interest in Schultz during the season."

Collingwood came up really late in the piece. Post grand final, Graham Wright and I had a conversation. We’d been in touch along the way but it really started to seem like it was something they could do.

We have no idea what other clubs may or may not been prepared to have offered. Once Schultz signaled the Pies as his destination those offers became irrelevant.

Stringer in a Pies jumper would be so uniquely hated. That alone makes me want it to happen. Villainous beyond reason
A few years back he said during an interview that he had never gone for a run as long as 5k before. Possibly the most extraordinary utterance I have heard from a modern day footballer.

It’s the two year deal that scares me about Stringer. He’s no stranger, we know what he’s like when the short term future is cushy. If he wants to come play and help us contend, he’d be a good target but only offer one year with performance triggers for a second year.

He may be lazy and a tad selfish, but he’s no spud. He kicked 42 goals this year which is equal the amount of the highly coveted Tyson Stengle whom many believe should have been AA.

42 goals is the second highest of any Magpie in a H&A season since Travis Cloke’s 2013 season.
Maybe if Richards does go, he may be looked at as a backup option.

Has the whole trading thing changed this year? I can't ever remember the amount of talk and negotiations that have been going on when finals haven't even started.

Has De Goey ever played a game as good as Petracca's grand final? I can't think of one. I don't think De Goey's best is better than Petracca's. He is also injured more often, and less consistently elite.
2023 PF. Our inability to get him back on in the final minutes almost cost us a premiership. He was dominant that night.

As they say though the best ability is availability and Petracca hadn’t missed since 2018 before KB. JDG on the other hand has never played more than 21 in a season. His body lets him down too much to sit alongside Petracca.

A few years back he said during an interview that he had never gone for a run as long as 5k before. Possibly the most extraordinary utterance I have heard from a modern day footballer.
Get him to the Pies now! A hero for couch-bound slobs around the country

If you think carlton can't do it without trading a big player, then the same applies to us.
No player will risk nominating a club unless they think a deal can be done. And all signs point to no, unless we unload jordy.
We dont have the picks, and if you're not willing to use big players, then there is no point going down that path.

If they had bought in trading 2 years in the future this year, there could have bee a way. Or if this was next year, it opens up a possibility. But thats not the case

I think we’ve got the cap space given we were considering a big salary dump for Lukosius.

2023 PF. Our inability to get him back on in the final minutes almost cost us a premiership. He was dominant that night.
That was the only one I could think of off the top of my head that was close. Gave Trac the edge as he hit the scoreboard, but that was close

Has the whole trading thing changed this year? I can't ever remember the amount of talk and negotiations that have been going on when finals haven't even started.
Its because we're not in them!
So we have nothing else to discuss.

not quite.

Battle was never a rookie to begin with.
So the scenario i was looking for was rookie => primary list => rookie.

Presume there is not many (if any) examples because the club probably just delists and pays them out rather them putting them on the rookie list again!!

Ah, I see. Yes, I think battle went the other way around. from primary list to rookie list, back to primary list.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

900k 😂. I’d be happy to state it has nothing to do with not being able to afford it and more that we don’t value him in the realm as Jeremy Cameron $. These suns deals are insane..
Or maybe that money is earmarked for something else.

Gross. I’ll begrudgingly admit he’d be good in our forward line, but his injury history, fitness and attitude makes it a hard no from me.
I agree. I don't like him. However, he averages more games than JDG per year & this year played every game, incl. midfield time & still kicked 42 goals. Despite the reasons why I don't like him I would take him as he is OOC, shouldn't be worth much and with him in a forward line (requiring a decent defender) and with Checker's, McStay, Billy, De Goey, Cox, Beau, Bobby, Nick, JDG & Shoota rotating, there would not be enough good opposition backs in one game to be able to hold all of these players without one getting off the leash

I remember being sent on a 5k run in u14’s preseason. If what you said is true then that’s astonishing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m looking at Richards likely leaving, Harrison’s ACL and perhaps also Hoskin-Elliott being needed in defence to cover Noble until any of the kids are ready to step up.

I’d argue small-medium forward depth could be an issue next season and Stringer can play.

I think there’s more names whose futures are uncertain this year as opposed to last or the year before. Last year Ben McKay was the biggest trade story from memory. This year there’s bigger names and less clarity on where they will play next season.

That was the only one I could think of off the top of my head that was close. Gave Trac the edge as he hit the scoreboard, but that was close
It’s a tough comparison because Trac’s GF performance is probably the single greatest performance in modern football history. To put up a stat line of 24cp, 896 metres gained, 9 clearances and 2 goals is mind blowing, but he did it across all 4 quarters (10-8-10-11) and against a legit midfield (Bont, Dunkley, Libba, prime Macrae, Treloar and Smith). It’s what makes me chuckle when I read the “he doesn’t improve us that much” comments **** oath he does!!

So what, he signed a monstrous 7 year deal, how often does the MFC have to say he has 5 years left and we're not trading him under any circumstances, people need too listen and then you won't be disappointed.
The contract didn’t have a clause that said “I agree to any egregious mistreatment by the Club or its staff.”

Players have successfully moved Clubs for infantile reasons, compared to CP’s motivation.

I remember being sent on a 5k run in u14’s preseason. If what you said is true then that’s astonishing.

"Speaking on the How They Trainpodcast, the Bombers livewire opened up on the hard work he put in last summer that led to his brilliant season, revealing he’d never been taught how to run long distance or covered such mileage before in AFL training.

"“It was more just get out and pound the pavement and learn how to do that. Because before I probably hadn’t ran over 2kms straight in eight years,” Stringer said."

Hmm the problem with mental health is it's a very difficult switch to just turn off.

Does he have a genuine mental health issue or is he just struggling through a few challenges? None of us know but what we do know is his public personae and all we’ve heard from him in the media suggests the later. Not sure we need to throw him under the “mental health” bus without solid evidence to support it.

2018 SF vs GWS, 2018 PF against Richmond & 1st half of 2018 GF against WCS, 2022 SF against Geelong, 2022 SF vs Fremantle. He has been our best finals player in the past 10 years

Would you accept that if Houston played for us? AA defender. Pick 20 will be mid 20’s. So AA defender straight swap for Richard’s and a pick that might find a decent player who’s good in 3 years.
If Houston played for us obviously I'd want the best possible value which is two first round picks. He's well credentialled, no doubt about it. Realistically, and I know this is a hypothetical trade, Richards would be some part of the deal in my book but perhaps with a higher draft pick, possibly 15-20.

It ain't a key forward in McKay and he's no Petracca but if Carlton can convince him then perhaps someone like Cerra added to a couple of 1st round selections could get a deal done for them.

Soon to be 25, cut down with soft tissue injuries this season and probably hasn't reached the heights of his initial draft selection or trade cost to Carlton would suggest.

How much trade value he still holds I do not know but Melbourne were interested when he was looking to leave Fremantle and he's expendable to Carlton if they landed Petracca IMO.

On the other hand Carlton can get stuffed and I'd rather Trac ends up at the Pies.

I just want to re-clarify this for those who are delusional.... Petraca > De Goey, by almost a tier.
De Goey's best ability is his burst and power, as someone mentioned here, he is a homeless man's Dustin Martin, except he's also much more injury prone. The one advantage he has over Petraca is he has strong body and can play forward full time. De Goey at the centre bounces is a hit and a miss, when he gets the first step, he is unstoppable force. But when he does get tackled under pressure, his disposal is awful. Usually, he'll handball to an opponent who then runs all the way for a goal or a forward 50 entry.

Petraca is class, sublime skills, high IQ and awareness. The thought of Pendles, Petraca and Naicos set up the forwards through a chain of plays is orgasmic.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back