List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends if DeGoey's groin is as bad as we fear it may be though.

I really hope we can get him to full fitness again.

Especially with Petracca in the side!
DeGoey would never agree to Melbourne. Than we have a disgruntled player that decides a club like Carlton is a better option.
DeGoey is staying 💯

Once again-we need to look at the position we find ourselves in. We are duty bound to look at any possibility.
With all the ageing players on our list, ones that look after themselves & are fitness freaks, I'm loathe to even consider bringing in an ageing, lazy, overweight bloke with a dubious character.

Much prefer to be looking at younger, fitter, enthusiastic players & decent blokes into our club.

My opinion.

From what I hear publicly sounds like Trac keeps on getting smashed in the public eye. Especially ex-players. Fairly sure Ox had a quiet crack on radio today too.
Called him “Un-Australian”even.

They are such hypocrites. They don’t say boo about Rioli leaving with three years left on a contract, or Bolton leaving with 4 years to run on his.
They were rapt when it looked like they’d get Houston even though he’s contracted for 4 more years himself, but Petracca is somehow “Un-Australian” for wanting out with 5 years to run, even though he nearly died and all…

Called him “Un-Australian”even.

They are such hypocrites. They don’t say boo about Rioli leaving with three years left on a contract, or Bolton leaving with 4 years to run on his.
They were rapt when it looked like they’d get Houston even though he’s contracted for 4 more years himself, but Petracca is somehow “Un-Australian” for wanting out with 5 years to run, even though he nearly died and all…
It’s ok to leave for “family reasons”, but if you want to leave because your club couldn’t even be bothered doing a welfare check after you nearly died from an injury sustained while playing for them, you’re a sook and un-Australian.

With all the ageing players on our list, ones that look after themselves & are fitness freaks, I'm loathe to even consider bringing in an ageing, lazy, overweight bloke with a dubious character.

Much prefer to be looking at younger, fitter, enthusiastic players & decent blokes into our club.

My opinion.
Me too....but I have faith in our club under Fly. We can do both.

It’s ok to leave for “family reasons”, but if you want to leave because your club couldn’t even be bothered doing a welfare check after you nearly died from an injury sustained while playing for them, you’re a sook and un-Australian.
David Schwarz thinks being Australian is about having a gambling addiction.

Lock in Bailey Smith to Cats if it wasn't already obvious.

Bought a multi million $ pad in Bellbrae.

Will be catching some waves down at Bells.

Last edited:
Gary Pert has said Melbourne FC has an 'excellent culture...'
Goodwin said the same at their B&F last year...

I would gladly welcome a guy (Stringer) who can rotate between centre square and forward pocket with De Goey.
If he were to replicate his 42 goal season of 2024, he would comfortably top our goal kicking in 2025.
Grab Peatling and Davies as the eventual Mitchell replacement (assuming Mitchell can get back on the field at all)
Adam Tomlinson to replace Howe (eventually)
If the Petracca deal can be done, that would be the icing on the cake...

If McRae has met with Stringer and his manager, I would suggest that we are very interested- it would be interesting to see how our fitness team get a guy like Stringer to elite fitness levels- and what the results may be...Have we seen Stringer's top level, or is he capable of more...
Listen to both of them talk about 'Culture' The word 'Culture' gets mentioned countless times by both of them especially in that SEN interview they did last year.
They need to invest in dictionaries to figure out the meaning.
Seriously bad run club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a source inside the club.

It's pretty solid,

Bombers are a bit over the click of Stringer Larverde and Merrett.

Merrett is a big **** when around these 2 and Bombers want to move away from it.

Article has come out on the AGE in the last hour about Merrett having an opinion on both Stringer and Leverde not being offered contracts.

It's a pay wall.

Can anyone post it?

Essendon captain Zach Merrett had a meeting with coach Brad Scott on Friday at which he expressed disappointment at the club’s decision not to offer contract extensions to teammates Jake Stringer and Jayden Laverde beyond 2025.
The discussion involving Merrett came a day after Stringer, Laverde and their manager, Robbie D’Orazio, met Scott, list manager Matt Rosa and chief executive Craig Vozzo.

However, according to two sources with knowledge of the situation who would not publicly discuss contract issues, the club held a firm line, with both players advised to seek opportunities elsewhere if they desired longer-term deals.
Two sources with knowledge of the meeting between Merrett and Scott, who asked to remain anonymous because the discussion was confidential, said their catch-up was prearranged but that Merrett voiced his disappointment at the prospect of the players being traded.
Stringer and Laverde are two of Merrett’s closest friends at the club.
[PLAYERCARD]Jake Stringer[/PLAYERCARD] and Zach Merrett are close friends.

Jake Stringer and Zach Merrett are close friends.Credit:AFL Photos
It comes just days after one of Merrett’s other closest allies at the Bombers, dashing defender Nick Hind, was delisted.

Advertisement

Merrett and Scott met at a café, not at the club’s headquarters in Tullamarine.
Scott was contacted by this masthead about the meeting and chose not to comment. Merrett had not returned calls at the time of publication.
Merrett (left) with defender [PLAYERCARD]Jayden Laverde[/PLAYERCARD].

Merrett (left) with defender Jayden Laverde.Credit:Eamon Gallagher
Essendon, who rose to second on the ladder but lost nine of their last 12 games to miss the finals, are willing to be more ruthless and aggressive in their list management heading into next year.
Stringer, who is at his second club after winning a premiership with the Western Bulldogs in 2016, has been chasing a three-year contract.

Exactly, he’s 28 now and wants to make a call, I also don’t get all the crap about Brand Petracca, he’s looking after his future and current arrangements, he more than entitled to maximise his brand and opportunities moving forward.

Spot on. AFL players are the biggest 'influencers' on Social Media. Trac has a huge following already and after a serious injury, he has every right to do whatever he needs to set up his post footy future. These fcukwits in the media (Barrett, Robbo, Lyon can all go EAD).

Article has come out on the AGE in the last hour about Merrett having an opinion on both Stringer and Leverde not being offered contracts.

It's a pay wall.

Can anyone post it?
Merrett had a prearranged meeting with Scott. Voiced his displeasure of them not getting extension.
Essendon have basically said to both Laverde and Stringer, "if they want longer deals, they can seek those else where".
Merretts also close friend Nick Hind was delisted, which hasn't helped his displeasure.

If Tracs family are mad pies supporters and even by his own admissions that his dad still has a picture of Peter on his wall, surely they would disown him if he ends up at Carlton.

If it’s a choice between a club that is in complete shambles, has no leadership , massive drug problems, negligent in its medical operations and nearly killed you vs ending up at Carlton…. Surely the family prefers for him to stay at the Dees ! 🤪

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back