List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven’t heard that but I’ll take your word on it.
I admit I don’t watch all of his games but there’s been many where you just know if the ball goes anywhere near him, he’s going to get it.
He’s definitely very when he’s firing. Maybe those games are few and far between.
Some Bomber fans seem to have become a bit sentimental since it's rumoured he was given permission to look elsewhere .. they're pretty adamant about offering 1 year only, if anything.

Their assessment of him during the season is not very complimentary. Inconsistent. Lazy. Poor trainer. Unfit. Throws his hands up all the time. Sulky.

As much as Scott is a flog, he knows football. His position is that Stringer needs to earn an extension.

Why would Collingwood roll out the red carpet for him and give him the cushy contract he craves?
Agree. I'm hoping since he was reportedly told to explore his options elsewhere, that's all he was doing if he met up with Fly.

Fly's such a good bloke, he'd probably say sure, attend, listen & politely say 'thx but no thx' 🤞

Well he has stated to needing professional help due to PTSD over it and has insomnia because of it.

That's not a normal kinda worried but I'll get over it reaction.

Wether it's long lasting or temporary is anyone's guess, hence the caution.

What happens if he loses his will to take hits or physically put his body on the line. Is he the same player?

It messes with your behaviour, what you think say and act. He would be triggered by others words and actions. The family witness this. Trust me it’s not fun. The incident in ICU ruminates.

MFC, players,and past players, media et el should be genuinely concerned and wrapping their arms around him instead of playing victims themselves with contract and trade talk.

So everyone is judging and valuing TRAC the superstar footballer pre injury.
Post injury is a complex set of circumstances.

I hope he takes time to shut out all this noise and I hope MFC give him the support he needs. If people deny a man’s mental health trust me the walls go up to protect yourself. From Collingwoods perspective a lot of due diligence psychologically would need to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With all the ageing players on our list, ones that look after themselves & are fitness freaks, I'm loathe to even consider bringing in an ageing, lazy, overweight bloke with a dubious character.

Much prefer to be looking at younger, fitter, enthusiastic players & decent blokes into our club.

My opinion.
I agree, but I will say just this one thing.
If we had a player who kicked 42 goals this year, we'd be playing finals.

So would Stringer fit the bill of a marking forward that Fly mentioned he was after?

I would probably say no.

Could you fit Trac, De Goey and Stringer in the one team? Or is that too many bulls.

Merrett had a prearranged meeting with Scott. Voiced his displeasure of them not getting extension.
Essendon have basically said to both Laverde and Stringer, "if they want longer deals, they can seek those else where".
Merretts also close friend Nick Hind was delisted, which hasn't helped his displeasure.
Stringer will be 30. Fair enough - not everyone is a Fletcher, Harvey or Pendlebury.

I haven’t heard that but I’ll take your word on it.
I admit I don’t watch all of his games but there’s been many where you just know if the ball goes anywhere near him, he’s going to get it.
He’s definitely very when he’s firing. Maybe those games are few and far between.

He has times where he goes cold. Inconsistent with his effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guys that wrote this should be posting on bigfooty instead of writing articles. Pick 32 + Richards + Kreuger for trac 😂, if leppa managed to pull that off he should be charged with theft.

Except it’s not what they suggested, the article suggested those 2 + a couple of future picks…

The contract didn’t have a clause that said “I agree to any egregious mistreatment by the Club or its staff.”

Players have successfully moved Clubs for infantile reasons, compared to CP’s motivation.

Aside from a generally owed duty of care, clubs have OHS obligations on match day. This is in the CBA.
There are also medical standards that apply under the CBA that spell out the fiduciary nature of the club doctor’s relationship with the player and specific things they need to do.
It was obvious to the naked eye at the game (which I was) that he was not ok to play and he went back on for 20 minutes, with a jab from a doctor at quarter time( in the context of his injury my doctor relative says this will have made things more dangerous). Collingwood players were avoiding tackling him and were checking on him on field, encouraging him to go off. This was reported in the newspaper. Why did no one in that 20 minute period intervene from MFC? It is damning that these Pies players spoke with him (not to mention there is TV footage) and easy evidence to put forward that they owed a duty of care and breached it.

I’m no doctor but have worked in healthcare law and negligence claims for 2 decades. I am sure MFC and the doctor would have notified the insurers on this one.

If he had died, as was possible as reported by Christian, MFC who employ the doctor and the doctor could not only face a medical negligence claim. Directors would have to answer. This is way more serious than a disgruntled player wanting to help their brand and they would do best to let him move on.

It is a pretty easy legal claim to make out, and it would be a clear breach of the player contract allowing him to terminate it. I cannot see how a player can be expected to stay with a club who nearly killed them through negligence. Especially, when they showed a lack of care since and player welfare issues abound with the other issues that are already public. Again, what is the MFC Board doing?

There is a series of steps a player can go through under the CBA with timeframes to address a grievance (weeks not months). It starts at club level, escalates to the AFL and AFLPA and ends in a grievance tribunal that can make orders . You can still make a negligence claim in court which would take longer to resolve, even if you start the CBA process. The fact that the AFL says they ticked off what happened on the day puts them in the frame too. I suspect a good lawyer could run a truck through whatever internal “investigation” happened (if it’s anything like the umpiring reviews!). The AFL could then seek to point the finger back at Melbourne and say they relied upon MFC’s representations. No doubt, they would try and distance themselves given the gravity of the potential outcome.

Why would Christian talk about the Petracca brand? You would encourage a player to do so if you’re thinking about a future negligence claim as it impacts the economic loss component of compensation. I think his partner is a lawyer, so would know that any damages would include calculating $$ impact on all of his career interests. It would be part of discussions with the club to pressure them to facilitate a trade and avoid a potentially expensive and reputationally damaging claim.

On a human level, Christian has been at pains to say that his trauma was not just to him but his family. His parter who received a 3am call from the surgeon saying he may not make it would be distressed as well. It is clear that any decisions about his future at MFC take his family’s views into account. They are the ones who count in his eyes.

If I were his mother or partner, I would not want my son or husband to be in an unsafe environment like this ever again. I would not trust the club to have his welfare at heart. The family would quite understandably be asking him to move clubs and never go back. You would want him safe. He also has PTSD so a fresh start may be beneficial psychologically.

As Collingwood players demonstrated care for his welfare on the day and in the weeks that followed, I am unsurprised that it is where he, his family and his partner would want to be (aside from his Dad’s connection and his relationship with some of the players). Having a sense of “life is short”, may also mean he would rather live out his boyhood dream and play for Collingwood. I saw him say he watched Pendles 400th and he wanted to go there and be the one to carry him off. It was quite touching.

Clearly, the whole Melbourne club has some serious and long term issues in player welfare beyond this incident for which they have failed to take accountability to date. No doubt any lawyer would tell his management to raise those long term issues if the objective is to exit. I recall that there was a doctor who made legal claims against MFC about the coach pressuring him not to rest Brayshaw when he had concussion in 2020.this was again reported in the Herald Sun.

If I were Collingwood, I would lay low until his management and lawyers get agreement from MFC to agree to an exit first as Petracca holds a lot of cards here. If the negligence is bad enough, he may able to simply walk away. The AFL would have a terrible precedent set so it is everyone’s interests to reach a deal.

I cannot see Petracca staying there and he and his family would be determined to get to the Pies in the circumstances.

It will get messy in the short term but they will have to let him go on his terms. Paddy Ryder got to Port by threatening Essendon with the grievance process with the same management group.

It will be in the AFL’s interests to find a solution.

Once they agree to trade him out, only then should he nominate Collingwood.

This situation is unique. I believe it gets done in the end.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can see what Collingwood and Carlton are doing in regards to Trac.

They are staying right out of this and letting it play out, I'm expecting something to happen with AFL and Dees for this trade to go through.

It's smart we want Melbourne being fed up and trading him.

Stringer is a big no.

Can't believe the fairytales people will believe during the off-season.

We are one of the best pressure sides of all time. Stringer gives no effort, or no repeat effort in this area. We weaken our team considerably with him in it.

Would prefer Tom Lynch, as even though he provides no pressure. He would pretty much replace Cox as the long target. And he is better than Cox. Checkers, McStay and Lynch makes us very good with KPF, if they stay healthy.

Keane, Lynch, Davies/Peatling. That's a nice haul.

Trac no, we'd sell too much for him.

Well we couldn't possibly know whether he would have kicked 42 goals in our side this year. We play a completely different system to Bombers.
I wasn't referring specifically to Stringer.
It was more just a general comment that we could have done with someone kicking more goals.
Stringer is a tosser, but when he's on, he can play.

Stringer is a big no.

Can't believe the fairytales people will believe during the off-season.

We are one of the best pressure sides of all time. Stringer gives no effort, or no repeat effort in this area. We weaken our team considerably with him in it.

Would prefer Tom Lynch, as even though he provides no pressure. He would pretty much replace Cox as the long target. And he is better than Cox. Checkers, McStay and Lynch makes us very good with KPF, if they stay healthy.

Keane, Lynch, Davies/Peatling. That's a nice haul.

Trac no, we'd sell too much for him.

How is it a fairytale?

All was said is they had a meeting lunch.

I would assume Fly and Collingwood discuss futures with alot of players and managers.

How is it a fairytale?

All was said is they had a meeting lunch.

I would assume Fly and Collingwood discuss futures with alot of players and managers.

Fairytale is people convincing themselves a 30 year old Jake Stringer is the answer to our problems. He ain't.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back