List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm hoping Fly is such a nice guy that whenever a player/manager requests a meeting, he'd say yes. Not because he's interested in the player šŸ¤£

Hopefully we didn't instigate it.

It costs us nothing to talk, at the very least it gives us good market intel which should help in other negotiations.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Peatling is a 24yo midfielder who just had a career year where he averaged 14 disposals a game.

Davies is a 22yo depth player for GC who averages 15 disposals a game.

I'm not real excited by those two.

Peatling is a 24yo midfielder who just had a career year where he averaged 14 disposals a game.

Both of them are stuck behind a bunch of gun midfielders.

I'm hoping Fly is such a n XDice guy that whenever a player/manager requests a meeting, he'd say yes. Not because he's interested in the player šŸ¤£

Hopefully we didn't instigate it.
Don't let this get out but this is Trac's manager and Fly meeting this evening - managed to snap it before I got noticed

Screenshot_20240830-220915~2.png

But a 32 year old whoā€™s played 8 games in 2 years and would cost 3 times as much is the answer?

If you can't work out the differences in Lynch and Stringer and what they bring to a team and if you want to compare them side by side, well, go right ahead.

I am pretty sure they have both been subs quite a bit through the year.

I would like Davies. He just comes across as a big body that could get bigger and not allow players like Cripps to bully us in the middle.

If you can't work out the differences in Lynch and Stringer and what they bring to a team and if you want to compare them side by side, well, go right ahead.

Well one would only be picked up if cheap and the other earns about 500,000 a game over the last 2 years.

Not sure how thatā€™s a good pickup, but hey please tell us how Lynch will magically get fitter at 32 and be worth his 1.5 millionā€¦

Peatling averages 20 disposals in games when he's not the sub (and 8 tackles). I think being the sub 9 times this year due to GWS having a stacked midfield might have hurt his stats a bit. In the VFL (which is not the same), he looks to get 30+ regularly. If he is cheap, I think he's worth a look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need to look in to Peatlings numbers a little bit harder before making judgement.

Haven't seen much of either, but we're looking for cheapish upgrades on Bytel Long &/or Sully for decent mid depth, so...
Peatling is behind Coniglio, Greene, Kelly, Green, and others.
Davies is behind Anderson, Rowell, Miller, Flanders and others.
Hard to get games when you have that sort of competition.
Both would get more opportunity elsewhere.

They have done ok based based on their average game time. Peatling played 55% game time and Davies 58%.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Need to go hard for Peatling! Is the perfect addition to a future Daicos, Allan midfield. Runs all day, good decision making with elite disposal. His stats are skewed due to being sub multiple times. Every full game he was in the elite section for tackles more than 7 a game with high pressure acts, will be a future A listed Midfielder.

Look, Iā€™m just gonna put this out there.

I reckon we will get Petracca.

Donā€™t ask me how, but Iā€™ve got a good feeling about this.

In fact, Iā€™ve got a woody.
Agree..I believe the media morons condemning Trac, despite almost dying- for wanting to play at a high profile club, will create a firestorm of backlash. There will be demands for transparency about how the Melbourne medical team allowed him back on the field. There will be demands for transparency about what pressure Goodwin et al placed on the medical staff to influence them. There will be demands to know how Melbourne treated him in the aftermath. The AFL, and Melbourne will be threatened by a catastrophic exposure of dereliction of duty of care. They will have no way out but to facilitate Trac's move to the club of his choice. If Trac nominates us, we'll get him... For minimal cost.

Averages are misleading. What were they once you exclude those in which they started as sub? Much higher I think youā€™ll find.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He loves his little boy. That's a good start. What's he done wrong as a person?

How long have you got? :p

I'm not rapt with the idea from a culture perspective but can see why we'd be talking to him as the only ammo we have currently (aside from a future 1st and maybe Trac falling into our lap) is the ability to go at free agents.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back