List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Rather than all that is dismissive of the original post and hardly encourages further interaction.
A simple would you mind explaining…. may have have been a better approach?

PS: Thanks Queenie Hearts for posting what some of us may have been thinking/wondering and welcome back!
I don’t see much wrong with asking for some facts to support a legal process.

Rather than all that is dismissive of the original post and hardly encourages further interaction.
A simple would you mind explaining…. may have have been a better approach?

PS: Thanks Queenie Hearts for posting what some of us may have been thinking/wondering and welcome back!

If I want your feedback Digger, I’ll ask for it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t see much wrong with asking for some facts to support a legal process
There isn’t, you’ve missed the point though.
Another poster commented on “rather than all that” and was dismissed.
I gave my view on the dismissive nature of the original post and was dismissed 😮
Nothing more to see here - play on.

As much as Scott is a flog, he knows football. His position is that Stringer needs to earn an extension.

Why would Collingwood roll out the red carpet for him and give him the cushy contract he craves?
Context is everything. It’s not rolling out the red carpet… it’s stealing an opportunity with a player type we need, for nothing, if we believe he will still be firing up to the age of 32. If he can behave himself and see the motivation to stay fit for 3 more years to win another flag, I’d be ok with it. We only have JDG who is like him, and he can’t be in two places at once…

Context is everything. It’s not rolling out the red carpet… it’s stealing an opportunity with a player type we need, for nothing, if we believe he will still be firing up to the age of 32. If he can behave himself and see the motivation to stay fit for 3 more years to win another flag, I’d be ok with it. We only have JDG who is like him, and he can’t be in two places at once…

Nothing is "for nothing". Stringer would cost $ and he already has a team to play for next year. Essendon aren't booting him out, their position is that he must prove himself worthy of further games in '26. Collingwood have to offer him more than that.

He has never looked fit and has had problems.

If the club has learned from past mistakes (Beams) they'd be rightfully wary of bringing a player with Stringer's history into their environment.

Stringer is a good finisher but might not be a great addition to a team that thrives on defensive pressure in the forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back