List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Whether they’re withholding relevant information is a guess that you’re making and nothing more. Given that over your posting history you’ve consistently stated that you want to deal with facts, this seems like you’re grasping at straws in order to suit your narrative.
If further facts come to light that change the landscape in regards to a negligence case I’m sure that sideswipe will look at them and change his opinion if needed. Until then, maybe you could just accept that he’s dealing with the actual information available, and making a judgement call based on the actual facts available instead of making up hypotheticals?

The only thing that suggests is that there are at least 26 posters who are hoping there is some sort of bombshell undisclosed info that the Petracca’s have, just like you.
And regardless of whether your view point is popular or not, it doesn’t make it the correct one. Workplace health and safety laws and medical negligence laws aren’t based on popularity contests. Grow up.
Let’s talk facts - in any potential litigation the Plaintiff will always be circumspect about what they release or admit publicly, in order to ensure their case in not undermined.

By not understanding this very simple principle, then I fear you really don’t have much of an idea of how the real world operates.

Showing it's damaging enough would be the hard bit. I'm not sure if "my family is really pissed off that I went back out there" would cut it.

The other factor is that we have no idea about the medical advice he was given. The doc may very well have told him that there's the potential that the hit did some organ damage and playing could be dangerous.

It's all just guessing.
Agreed. Being convinced there is no case or that there clearly is one are the only wrong positions right now. Either is possible, but we simply don't know enough to say.

I'm also of the view that the claim does not have to be legally water tight to assist with Petracca's departure. If MFC believe he feels strongly enough to go down that path - grievance tribunal, possible legal action, they'd be more likely to make a trade even if they are confident of their legal position. Similar to when Paddy Ryder threatened the Bombers with grievance tribunal.

It all comes down to Petracca and how determined he is to force his way out. He'll need to have some reasonable argument against the club, but it doesn't necessarily have to hold up in court. To be clear I'm not talking about him voiding his contract, just being able to force a trade.

My view is player and club will eventually reconcile, but I'm only guessing based on the rarity of the alternative.

I heard that CP was clinically dead for around 30 seconds at the hospital.

Upon waking, he told friends and family of his journey towards a bright light, and he was then approached by a bearded man who looked a bit like Craig Kelly in a fake white beard.

The man said, Go back, Trac. Back Trac. He seemed to chuckle at his own joke and went on: You have much work to do. But those Demons do not love you, good Christian, and a majority of BF posters even suggest that you've been the victim of negligence. Turn from the demonic and be embraced by the loving and non-negligent bosom (chuckle) of Collingwood Football Club.

Good Christian had heard the word. MFC had mercilessly tried to kill him, but martyrdom must wait. He regained life, regained consciousness, and informed the surgeons and his manager of his miracle and mission.

Let thy will be done, dear Ned God.

Finding God, or Jesus, or Mohamed doesn’t automatically erase your past. The bloke is an absolute stain for what he’s done, and there’s nothing he can do to change that.

While I kinda agree he still seems like a bit of an idiot, nobody can change their past, but learning from it and becoming better people is something I truly believe in. I'm not sure this fits Jake yet, the lack of professionalism and defensive effort suggests he is still about himself.

Let’s talk facts - in any potential litigation the Plaintiff will always be circumspect about what they release or admit publicly, in order to ensure their case in not undermined.

By not understanding this very simple principle, then I fear you really don’t have much real word experience.

This is interesting.

When it came to Cleaver's claim against Ned Kelly, you felt free to assert that the plaintiff could always be relied on to put forward the most embellished possible version of their case.

I get the sense that the 'real word' you speak of changes to suit whatever your argument on a given day might be.

Look, I’m just gonna put this out there.

I reckon we will get Petracca.

Don’t ask me how, but I’ve got a good feeling about this.

In fact, I’ve got a woody.

Woody in the morning,
Woody in the evening,
Woody at any time….

Sorry bud I couldn’t help it…damn SEN

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Should we outcast him for his entire life because of this?
People make bad choices.

Yeah, as I said before, I choose to forgive people for their mistakes. In Stringers case, it's more about lack of professionalism and his extremely poor defensive side that suggests there is still immaturity in him.

There is nothing to dismiss if a case hasn’t been made.

I would love to give you a big long post to boost my credibility on BF(it’s one of my life goals - even put it on my vision board) - but I have already stated my position many times.

Go back and look Spinny.

Your stated position was seriously challenged by Queen Hearts post - hence my suggestion you offer a serious rebuttal.

That you’ve now baulked speaks volumes.

As a legal professional, just the fact that you believe ALL the facts are in the public domain, is a wholly unsophisticated view, and I doubt you’d hold this view were you representing MFC.
I think they would laugh you out of the room.

Should we outcast him for his entire life because of this?
People make bad choices.
You asked what he'd done and people have now told you.

Some think he'd be an asset for the club.

Others don't.

I don't, because I don't think we should be bringing in 29, 30, 31 year old blokes with our current ageing list. Particularly ones which are known to be lazy, overweight, come back from pre-season unfit & are inconsistent & unreliable.

And yeah, his character & past is dubious too which is just the icing on the cake, imo.

This is interesting.

When it came to Cleaver's claim against Ned Kelly, you felt free to assert that the plaintiff could always be relied on to put forward the most embellished possible version of their case.

I get the sense that the 'real word' you speak of changes to suit whatever your argument on a given day might be.
Correct - in that case it was well known that Coll had already deemed that he didn’t have a case.
So he chose to put pressure on the Club, using the court of public opinion. A logical strategy if you don’t have a strong case - which is not the case with CP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard that CP was clinically dead for around 30 seconds at the hospital.

Upon waking, he told friends and family of his journey towards a bright light, and he was then approached by a bearded man who looked a bit like Craig Kelly in a fake white beard.

The man said, Go back, Trac. Back Trac. He seemed to chuckle at his own joke and went on: You have much work to do. But those Demons do not love you, good Christian, and a majority of BF posters even suggest that you've been the victim of negligence. Turn from the demonic and be embraced by the loving and non-negligent bosom (chuckle) of Collingwood Football Club.

Good Christian had heard the word. MFC had mercilessly tried to kill him, but martyrdom must wait. He regained life, regained consciousness, and informed the surgeons and his manager of his miracle and mission.

Let thy will be done, dear Ned God.
I was there. What you're saying is true.
God was caressing a Magpie in his hands.
Go there my son. To the all loving family.

You asked what he'd done and people have now told you.

Some think he'd be an asset for the club.

Others don't.

I don't, because I don't think we should be bringing in 29, 30, 31 year old blokes with our current ageing list. Particularly ones which are known to be lazy, overweight, come back from pre-season unfit & are inconsistent & unreliable.

And yeah, his character & past is dubious too which is just the icing on the cake, imo.
I knew what he'd done. I choose forgiveness.

Correct - in that case it was well known that Coll had already deemed that he didn’t have a case.
So he chose to put pressure on the Club, using the court of public opinion. A logical strategy if you don’t have a strong case - which is not the case with CP.

That's right, you were quite wrong to refer to 'any potential litigation'.

I don't have an issue with the fact that you post utter s***, but the fact that it comes without a hint of entertainment value is quite unforgivable.

By not understanding this very simple principle, then I fear you really don’t have much of an idea of how the real world operates.
Cut the crap spinny. Your snide little post doesn’t change the fact that your entire argument hinges on undisclosed information that may or may not even exist in the first place. It is no fait accompli that the Petraccas have some sort of damning evidence that they’re keeping under wraps. In the real world, people operate, and base their opinions on the actual information and facts available to them. If further information and facts become available then those opinions might change.

As it stands, you’re the one who seems to not understand how the real world operates, as your entire line of thinking is based on the Petraccas withholding info that might not even exist in the first place. You’re living in a fantasy world.

Your stated position was seriously challenged by Queen Hearts post - hence my suggestion you offer a serious rebuttal.

That you’ve now baulked speaks volumes.

As a legal professional, just the fact that you believe ALL the facts are in the public domain, is a wholly unsophisticated view, and I doubt you’d hold this view were you representing MFC.
I think they would laugh you out of the room.

That’s right baby. Fight it!

Go back and find my position- it’s there a few dozen or hundred pages back. For a start, not clear whether the decision to allow a return to play was negligent. If it was, what was the further damage caused by the return to play?

If I was representing MFC I’d be laughing at them too. Although I did a bit of work for the Pies when Big Al was the boss. And as a young articled clerk I even got called into a big first meeting with Kev Rose. I was expecting to have my highly developed legal mind engaged. But no, they only needed me to put some coins in a meter on Queen St so Kev’s LTD didn’t cop a ticket.

That experience can’t be bought.

Not keen on Stringer. Hope that doesn’t go anywhere.

I want to see us bring in some young talent. We’re plenty stocked up on the older blokes now.

Only older bloke I’m interested in is Petracca if we can do that without selling the farm. Can’t see it happening though.

Are you procrastinating about packing for holidays, but can't quite get the chore out of your head?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back