List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Why should Jake Stringer ever be gven another chance? I mean, he will never change and nobody should ever give him the chance to improve himself. We, those without sins, should all just keep rejecting him for his sins of the past and the world will be a better place.

or

We perhaps embrrace his talents and let him prove to us that he can be something better.

I'm going to take a wild guess, given that he nearly died, Petracca and his family might feel that allowing him to go back on the field put him at significant risk and exacerbated his condition.
Following protocols does not some how magically exempt you from negligence actions.
In the absence of diagnostic tools, a medical professional would be expected to err firmly on the side of caution when making a judgement call such as this.

If the doctor didn't have sufficient knowledge or experience with rib injuries then that would indicate negligence would it not?
Petracca and his family may well feel that way. I was asking if he had expressed anything publicly about the club doctor’s.

So if you as a doctor follow all the correct procedures and protocols and give advice based on that and previous experience you are automatically negligent if the outcome is more serious than expected? Every injury could develop into something more serious by returning to the field in a high contact sport. Players return to the field with rib injuries quite often.

Perhaps we’ll see rib injuries treated similarly to concussion in the future so that players and doctors are not put at risk. I was simply seeking more information about the incident so I could understand how a negligence claim would work.

Are you for real?
You know him do you? Degoey was a low life in the eyes of many on this board a couple of seasons ago. They were demanding we delist or trade him.

Now he is a beloved premiership hero. The media is full of shit. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Cut the crap spinny. Your snide little post doesn’t change the fact that your entire argument hinges on undisclosed information that may or may not even exist in the first place. It is no fait accompli that the Petraccas have some sort of damning evidence that they’re keeping under wraps. In the real world, people operate, and base their opinions on the actual information and facts available to them. If further information and facts become available then those opinions might change.

As it stands, you’re the one who seems to not understand how the real world operates, as your entire line of thinking is based on the Petraccas withholding info that might not even exist in the first place. You’re living in a fantasy world.
Your insistence that all the facts are in the public domain is also just as tenuous. So your strident insistence therefore that I can’t possibly have a point is a hollow.

In the real world, legal action is far detailed and nuanced than the selective facts disclosed to the public.

Billing days long gone. Haven’t filled out a timesheet this century!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So we can tear up these invoices that we've been sent for legal advice on the Petracca matter?

Edit:
Damn it: I'm going to get another invoice for seeking advice about the invoice, aren't I?

JAKE STRINGER: NO

I believe in forgiveness and not holding someone's mistakes against them. I myself was born a mistake.

But the issue (for me) is less about forgiveness and more about foreseeability. Does someone's past indicate possible future behaviour?

In Stringer's case, I think it does. I don't want the club to go anywhere near a player whose decision-making might lead to a situation like that of Gary Ablett Snr.

That's right, you were quite wrong to refer to 'any potential litigation'.

I don't have an issue with the fact that you post utter s***, but the fact that it comes without a hint of entertainment value is quite unforgivable.
Send me a link to “Comedy Writing 101” and I’ll have a read.
I’m not in the habit of taking personal development advice from BF, but I’m happy to indulge you.

Your insistence that all the facts are in the public domain is also just as tenuous. So your strident insistence therefore that I can’t possibly have a point is a hollow.

In the real world, legal action is far detailed and nuanced than the selective facts disclosed to the public.

That’d be why the “yeah, negligence! Petracca has a claim that would win” is a bit dense.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JAKE STRINGER: NO

I believe in forgiveness and not holding someone's mistakes against them. I myself was born a mistake.

But the issue (for me) is less about forgiveness and more about foreseeability. Does someone's past indicate possible future behaviour?

In Stringer's case, I think it does. I don't want the club to go anywhere near a player whose decision-making might lead to a situation like that of Gary Ablett Snr.
So guilty until proven innocent. Unfortunately, this is now the norm in the modern day. Conviction based on what somebody may or may not do in the future. Very sad IMO.
I really hope we get Jake on board.. for his sake as well as ours.

I’m not in the habit of taking personal development advice from BF, but I’m happy to indulge you.

I didn't say you should try to be funny. I'm not asking for a miracle.

Personal development is like a smartphone update: you keep hoping the new version will fix all your problems, but instead, you end up with a bunch of new features you don’t understand*

*written by ChatGPT

Big ****ing hell no to Jake Stringer.

Michael Keaton No GIF

So guilty until proven innocent. Unfortunately, this is now the norm in the modern day. Conviction based on what somebody may or may not do in the future. Very sad IMO.
I really hope we get Jake on board.. for his sake as well as ours.

Calm down, Gabbo. No need to go all 'wokeness is madness!' on me.

Stringer hasn't been accused of a crime. There will be no charge, no trial to determine guilt or otherwise. Not being selected by the Collingwood Football Club isn't a 'conviction'.

It's a simple acknowledgment that, in many cases, past performance may indeed be a predictor of future outcomes.

I heard that CP was clinically dead for around 30 seconds at the hospital.

Upon waking, he told friends and family of his journey towards a bright light, and he was then approached by a bearded man who looked a bit like Craig Kelly in a fake white beard.

The man said, Go back, Trac. Back Trac. He seemed to chuckle at his own joke and went on: You have much work to do. But those Demons do not love you, good Christian, and a majority of BF posters even suggest that you've been the victim of negligence. Turn from the demonic and be embraced by the loving and non-negligent bosom (chuckle) of Collingwood Football Club.

Good Christian had heard the word. MFC had mercilessly tried to kill him, but martyrdom must wait. He regained life, regained consciousness, and informed the surgeons and his manager of his miracle and mission.

Let thy will be done, dear Ned God.
Many people have seen the light from hospitals around East Melbourne - turns out to be the MCG light towers

Petracca and his family may well feel that way. I was asking if he had expressed anything publicly about the club doctor’s.

So if you as a doctor follow all the correct procedures and protocols and give advice based on that and previous experience you are automatically negligent if the outcome is more serious than expected? Every injury could develop into something more serious by returning to the field in a high contact sport. Players return to the field with rib injuries quite often.

Perhaps we’ll see rib injuries treated similarly to concussion in the future so that players and doctors are not put at risk. I was simply seeking more information about the incident so I could understand how a negligence claim would work.
In the context of this thread, a negligence action, or threat thereof, changes the dynamic in terms of Melbourne's hand should he request a trade to us.
If he is prepared to go the nuclear option and adamant he wants to come to us then it would put enormous pressure on Melbourne to get a deal done..
Things panning out that way is a long shot. But prior to the earlier poster pointing this out, there didn't appear to be any way we could land Trac.

Jake Stringer is like that one friend who shows up at a party, makes a grand entrance, and then promptly settles into the couch for the rest of the night.*

*Also written by ChatGPT

Mods

If someone can be bothered I think the Petracca debate should be moved to its own thread:
Off track on Trac

For the sake of the rest of the trade discussion.
I was just about to request this myself. I feel that Trac needs his on thread at this point. These debates about hypothetical legalities in his case whilst interesting are way off topic.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back