List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Personal development is like a smartphone update: you keep hoping the new version will fix all your problems, but instead, you end up with a bunch of new features you don’t understand*

*written by ChatGPT
Very good - just had a phone software update last week - most apt

JAKE STRINGER: NO

I believe in forgiveness and not holding someone's mistakes against them. I myself was born a mistake.

But the issue (for me) is less about forgiveness and more about foreseeability. Does someone's past indicate possible future behaviour?

In Stringer's case, I think it does. I don't want the club to go anywhere near a player whose decision-making might lead to a situation like that of Gary Ablett Snr.

From the Pies I want 2 things: entertainment and victory

He'll definitely give us the first. If our culture can handle Stringer, he'll significantly improve the prospect of the latter.

It's a big yes from me.

In the context of this thread, a negligence action, or threat thereof, changes the dynamic in terms of Melbourne's hand should he request a trade to us.
If he is prepared to go the nuclear option and adamant he wants to come to us then it would put enormous pressure on Melbourne to get a deal done..
Things panning out that way is a long shot. But prior to the earlier poster pointing this out, there didn't appear to be any way we could land Trac.
Agree. I guess I was trying to differentiate for myself if a negligence claim had a serious chance of getting up or whether it would be used simply as a means of putting pressure on Melbourne to do a trade which would be pretty underhanded imo if you weren’t going to go ahead with the claim.

No to Jack Stringer. He's not needed. Would rather have one of Krueger or Stay lose 5kg and move to the forward half or forward pocket than get Stringer. One of the few players I BOO every time he plays against the Pies. He's just too hated by Pies fans to embrace him.

From the Pies I want 2 things: entertainment and victory

He'll definitely give us the first. If our culture can handle Stringer, he'll significantly improve the prospect of the latter.

It's a big yes from me.

I believe that 'culture' is only as good as the people within an organisation.

The major problem with the culture of the Bulldogs during Stringer's time was Stringer.

I don't doubt his talent, but the indiscretions which concern me (real and potential) are more damaging than then antics of JDG or Ginnivan.

It's always going to be very subjective, but it's a 'no' from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No to Jack Stringer. He's not needed. Would rather have one of Krueger or Stay lose 5kg and move to the forward half or forward pocket than get Stringer. One of the few players I BOO every time he plays against the Pies. He's just too hated by Pies fans to embrace him.
I'd take Stringer x 1000 times over Krueger. Sorry Kroogs

So if we offer Stringer a deal we get him free? Seems far-fetched
Perhaps someone can correct me on the mechanics, but I think we could A: Deal a token 4th round pick or similar to secure him during trade period. Or B: Wait until he’s officially off the books at Essendon and sign him as a DFA.

I’m a bit wary of Stringer as are most, but a game breaking 40 goal a year player effectively for free deserves consideration.

Agree. I guess I was trying to differentiate for myself if a negligence claim had a serious chance of getting up or whether it would be used simply as a means of putting pressure on Melbourne to do a trade which would be pretty underhanded imo if you weren’t going to go ahead with the claim.
I think there is easily a prima facie case there. But what a court verdict would be is anyone's guess..
In reality it would not ever get tested in court though. If all he wants out of it is to be traded to his club of choice, it would be settled as soon as Melbourne and the AFL got wind of Trac lawyering up. It's his ultimate leverage to get to us if it's what he desires.

Mods

If someone can be bothered I think the Petracca debate should be moved to its own thread:
Off track on Trac

For the sake of the rest of the trade discussion.
Sorry mate it’s too far gone.
Better off starting a new trade thread and renaming this one.

I think there is easily a prima facie case there. But what a court verdict would be is anyone's guess..
In reality it would not ever get tested in court though. If all he wants out of it is to be traded to his club of choice, it would be settled as soon as Melbourne and the AFL got wind of Trac lawyering up. It's his ultimate leverage to get to us if it's what he desires.
I think that’s what those are missing who are mounting absolutist arguments for or against the viability of a medical neg trial. It would never come to that point, just needs to be arguable to sufficiently motivate Melbourne/AFL.

It’s largely pointless to try to litigate a hypothetical case as public detail is just too scant.

Hello pies fans, was reading this and agree, but remember Essendon didn't provide a safe workplace, apparently got a fine from the I think WorkCover Vic, however it was barely reported.
AFL will want to avoid a court case here, I think will encourage Gold Coast or GWS to let a good young prospect go to keep Melbourne happy ( as part of a 3 way trade as Petracca will go carlton).
If for example GWS win a flag, they could
trade Riccardi, Leake for pick 8 from Essendon.
Essendon trades Riccardi, Leake, 2025f1 for Petracca, 2025r2.

GWS will be given generous compo for Perryman as FA leaving to go Hawthorn.
Why would Petracca be happy with that when all he wants to do is move to Collingwood.

Whateley and Co this morning said they think CP has a strong case. Only problem is that I was only half listening to it so I don't really know if he has a case or not

They were talking about his luggage. He's got a top of the range Samsonite.

Stop body shaming. If you wrote the same about an AFLW player you'd probably get a ten year ban.

Ok, I’ll use technical terms.

His skin folds are unforgivable for a professional athlete.

You ought to stop making everything about how unfair life is for men.

Female footy players are paid a pittance compared to the boys, and most are leaner than Stringer.

Last edited:
Perhaps someone can correct me on the mechanics, but I think we could A: Deal a token 4th round pick or similar to secure him during trade period. Or B: Wait until he’s officially off the books at Essendon and sign him as a DFA.

I’m a bit wary of Stringer as are most, but a game breaking 40 goal a year player effectively for free deserves consideration.
Will Essendon delist him?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back