List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him Not Signing yet is neither a Sign he is Staying or Leaving at the Moment
There's a perfectly plausible reason why he hasn't signed yet (hopefully to still show more at AFL level and get a bigger contract). However, history tells us that a player at this stage not being willing to sign up or even seriously negotiate is not a great sign.

I was confident he will stay, think it's getting near 50/50 now.

Regarding Shaz, why is he any closer to leaving at this stage than he was at Draft Day? Has he said he wants to leave? Has his manager? Has the club hinted at anything?

I think we are jumping at shadows, probably largley because of how we got played in the Beams Saga, but lets not allow one knob to dictate our view of every interstate player moving forward.

Until we hear otherwise from any party we should give him the benefit of the doubt and he should be part of our future plans. And even of he does leave, we should of learned that every cloud has a silver lining (Crisp and DeGoey) and we will survive and thrive because we are f*cking collingwood

Regarding Shaz, why is he any closer to leaving at this stage than he was at Draft Day? Has he said he wants to leave? Has his manager? Has the club hinted at anything?

I think we are jumping at shadows, probably largley because of how we got played in the Beams Saga, but lets not allow one knob to dictate our view of every interstate player moving forward.

Until we hear otherwise from any party we should give him the benefit of the doubt and he should be part of our future plans. And even of he does leave, we should of learned that every cloud has a silver lining (Crisp and DeGoey) and we will survive and thrive because we are f*cking collingwood

Exactly. What you dont want is your high draft picks to be delisted because they were mistakes...Chris Egan for example. As long as they do enough to hold their value then the club can recover their investment.

This!

Most of whats been posted here was copy and pasted out of the Broomhead thread.

Exactly. What you dont want is your high draft picks to be delisted because they were mistakes...Chris Egan for example. As long as they do enough to hold their value then the club can recover their investment.

Value be tad Lower because of Injuries sadly. Still get a 1st Rounder from the Crows

Considering he was pick 6 only 2 years ago, not at all... How is going backwards in price massive value?

Not going to get bogged down in semantics about how you define "massive value". Needless to say pick ten is huge every day of teh week, especially for a player who has been injured fo rtwo years and has played 1.5 games. Hes been out with a knee for a year plus other injureis and hsi value has not changed. Thats massive in my books but massive is only a word, I'm not going to argue with you about what you think it means.

Not going to get bogged down in semantics about how you define "massive value". Needless to say pick ten is huge every day of teh week, especially for a player who has been injured fo rtwo years and has played 1.5 games. Hes been out with a knee for a year plus other injureis and hsi value has not changed. Thats massive in my books but massive is only a word, I'm not going to argue with you about what you think it means.

There's no semantics about it, drafting a player then trading him 2 years later for a lower draft pick is not massive value, or anywhere even remotely close.

Considering his injuries it would probably be a "fair" trade, but with his potential we would be getting screwed.

Young players leaving is just something that we're gonna have to get used to. Sounds like we're a chance of poaching two very good youngsters from other teams, so we're not the only ones losing out.

If he goes, he goes. If he stays, he stays. I'm not gonna fuss over it like I did with Broomhead.

Young players leaving is just something that we're gonna have to get used to. Sounds like we're a chance of poaching two very good youngsters from other teams, so we're not the only ones losing out.

If he goes, he goes. If he stays, he stays. I'm not gonna fuss over it like I did with Broomhead.

When is Broomhead contracted to

This will be unpopular, but from what I've seen I'm so 'meh' if Scharenberg leaves. I can see him developing into a very decent player, but there are no superstar qualities about him I'm afraid to say.

We get a first rounder, and it leads to better things. Potentially using it and our other first/second rounder on Treloar, saving next years first rounder and having another crack at a young player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Scharenberg doesn't play anymore senior games for the year I'll take it as a sign he wants out.

If he does and we get suitable compensation in P/Adelaide's first round pick then I'll be satisfied.

This will be unpopular, but from what I've seen I'm so 'meh' if Scharenberg leaves. I can see him developing into a very decent player, but there are no superstar qualities about him I'm afraid to say.

We get a first rounder, and it leads to better things. Potentially using it and our other first/second rounder on Treloar, saving next years first rounder and having another crack at a young player.

Coming back from a ACL. Takes a about 2 Years to Fully be over it

So done with discussion re: Player X / Player Y leaving
This going to go around next year...and the year after...and the year after.
Broomhead, Kennedy, Shaz, Grundy then it will be Marsh...every interstate player from now on that is placed on the list.
In the long run, no one knows, it's all speculation.
Im also sick of posters stating their OPINION as fact.
Apparently Broomy and Kenno were gone!
Shaz MAY be out the door but until he is at the airport with his bags packed i'll support the boy and assume he's in the B+W next year. If not, I'll look forward to whatever compensation and move on.

I think if you base it on how he has played this year I would agree.

But when you factor in that he did his knee exactly a year ago and he had serious foot injuries prior to that, he is actually a long way ahead of where I thought he would be.

He also looked really comfortable at AFL level.

Personally I think he is going to be a star. I'd be throwing everything at keeping him. We desperately need skilful defenders with height. He and Maynard are super important to our future.

We can afford to let a few guys go, but scharenberg is one I think we must retain.

Obviously if he opts to leave then we will make the most of the trade, and I think he is definitely still worth a top 10 pick (if he plays the last 3 weeks in seniors and plays well.)

But I'm not overly concerned yet. No doubt he is waiting to see how his form is at senior level before putting pen to paper. If he plays well then he probably adds another hundred thousand to his pay. Alternatively he makes himself more attractive to Adelaide. I wouldn't be signing either if I were him.

In any event, given his run of injury I think it is fair enough to just wait until the end of the year. He needs to worry about his football, not his contract.

anyway, we should just play him these last 3 weeks.

That game against Sydney proved we need some line-breaking speed and x-factor plus another quality midfielder. Throw the kitchen sink at Motlop and Treloar please!

Not sure how people can label Scharenberg or any other player a star, meh or dud after only 2 games of AFL football. Let's give the kid a chance.

Has to stay for me. Only reason we let him go is like other have said where a) he's seeking a return to Adelaide and b) if, and only if he's used to lure a proven superstar like Dangerfield, even then I'm not 100% keen on this.

I don't think our list is at a point where we can afford to let quality kids like this move on.

Not sure how people can label Scharenberg or any other player a star, meh or dud after only 2 games of AFL football. Let's give the kid a chance.

Has to stay for me. Only reason we let him go is like other have said where a) he's seeking a return to Adelaide and b) if, and only if he's used to lure a proven superstar like Dangerfield, even then I'm not 100% keen on this.

I don't think our list is at a point where we can afford to let quality kids like this move on.
Exactly cant let him go, if he stays guarantee he will be the next captain after Pendles

Exactly cant let him go, if he stays guarantee he will be the next captain after Pendles
Likely a leader, but seems to introverted to be a captain to me. There are plenty of other kids I could see becoming captain before him to be honest.

Likely a leader, but seems to introverted to be a captain to me. There are plenty of other kids I could see becoming captain before him to be honest.
Just looks like a mature bloke, especially for a 19 year old. In a few years I could see him maybe take on as captain after he gains confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back