List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say we sign Wells, where does Aish or Crisp play?

Centers: Sidebottom, Adams, Wells
Followers: Grundy, Pendlebury, Treloar

I think Greenwood is the next in line for a midfield spot due to being a designated run with player.

Sidebottom can play half forward but why would you do that when he has proven to be a far superior midfield player to either Aish or Crisp.

Aish was tried as a half forward in the 1st half of the year and wasn't great and eventually got demoted to VFL.
He played his best footy as a wingman and I think if we recruit Wells he will probably take his spot. Likewise for Jack Crisp. With Greenwood now Bucks designated run with player, Crisp played more outside this season. He is another that may struggle to get midfield minutes. And you can forget about developing De Goey's midfield game. No chance he gets any minutes, if Wells is on board, unless it is spent in VFL all year.

I think Greenwood is the next in line for a midfield spot due to being a designated run with player.

Sidebottom can play half forward but why would you do that when he has proven to be a far superior midfield player to either Aish or Crisp.

Aish was tried as a half forward in the 1st half of the year and wasn't great and eventually got demoted to VFL.
He played his best footy as a wingman and I think if we recruit Wells he will probably take his spot. Likewise for Jack Crisp. With Greenwood now Bucks designated run with player, Crisp played more outside this season. He is another that may struggle to get midfield minutes. And you can forget about developing De Goey's midfield game. No chance he gets any minutes, if Wells is on board, unless it is spent in VFL all year.

A fit Wells improves the team. Let's worry about where everybody else fits once he is wearing black & white. For example, a lot more than six players are mids these days. The top sides have 8 or 9.

Have you heard of Heath Shaw ...um yer was on our list and a general down back but gone now irony that your now calling for a player exactly like him. Buckley got rid of him.
Still with that one.
It was years ago, like an ex girlfriend, sometimes it's healthy to just let it go.
Besides the new girlfriend is Taylor Adams, that will do nicely.

Any chance Lin Jong to GC for 27 and then 27 to Pies for Cloke?

I think we will get a later pick for Cloke and I'm ok with that. If we don't have to pay any of his salary next season, and draft Daicos with the later pick it's a big win for the club.

Wells is runs on the ball more so than Aish and will spend more time in the centre. Theres no problem with our team being more flexible and having guys like Degoey,Aish, Wells and Adams all rotating through the flanks and mid. With a fully fit list id be happy to look at having Sidebottom and Wells running off the back flanks. Good backup idea for Ramsey and sinclair injury history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 years! Jeez. He'll be lucky to last 2 with his injury history!

I guess to poach someone in the twilight of their career, that's the risk you take.

That said, for someone on one of the biggest guesswork radio stations going around (SEN) to say they "think" something is the case, then I daresay he completely guessed.

Still. Hoping for some news on it today so I can put my phone down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back