List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why won't the AFL let Trades/FA be Announced during the Weekend?
Well recruiters/list managers etc etc probably have familys and lives just as us regular people of society do. Probably just give them a break, in what would be an extremely busy period for these guys.

I reckon we're better off without frost and brown. there are cheaper options out there which will do the same job. both of these are poor kicks. time to move on from both. time to draft a young key defender.
I agree we need to draft a young key defender or 2.
If we can some how get pick 10 off gold coast (which they will likely get from Hawthorn via Omeara) then I'd like to see us draft Logue. If not then we need to try and get an early 20s pick to make sure we can secure Brennan Cox who I think is the 2nd best key defender in the draft.

I'd be looking at Hugh Beasley who got delisted from Brisbane as a rookie or on senior list. Cost nothing and has a heap of potential. He was a good player for Oakleigh in 2013, He's almost a Jono Marsh type clone but a better kick.

AFL+Rd+13+Brisbane+v+Adelaide+oQgRMHFem0Rl.jpg

Its funny how Melbourne will get applauded for signing lewis (30) on a 3 year deal, and west coast will get applauded for signing mitchell (34) with 1 or 2 years of playing in mind, but we sign a 31 year old wells (who fills massive needs for us) on a 2 year with a 3rd year clause based on certain criteria, and its 'bucks trying to save his job... collingwood is a dads army...' etc etc. Talk about bias.

I agree.

Some have asked about Brown's situation.

My understanding is that clubs have until COB Sunday to make an offer. If no offers are made Brown will either have to sign with us or seek a trade to another club. Given no club made an offer during the free trade period you would think unlikely clubs would want to then trade for him after it closed. So if no offers received by Sunday you would think he will resign with Pies.

If offers are made Pies have til Wednesday to match it which given Frost and Marsh moving on you would think is a possibility. That is unless they have a good alternative lined up.

The facts we do know are that Rocky has some baggage and issues and Brisbane want him gone. The details around why are largely rumors. Just like with Heath Shaw; a wake up call and a change of scenery might be just what he needs... only this time we'd be the big beneficiary, not the loser.

And pretty confident with Clokey going, none of our boys would be tricked by Rocky offering a cup of pineapple cordial

I'd be looking at Hugh Beasley who got delisted from Brisbane as a rookie or on senior list. Cost nothing and has a heap of potential. He was a good player for Oakleigh in 2013, He's almost a Jono Marsh type clone but a better kick.

View attachment 300677
Question. Why did brisbane delist him?
And also, if he isn't good enough to make it at brisbane why would he be good enough here? Do you think his development stalled at brisbane and could become a Joel Hamling type pick up?

Its funny how Melbourne will get applauded for signing lewis (30) on a 3 year deal, and west coast will get applauded for signing mitchell (34) with 1 or 2 years of playing in mind, but we sign a 31 year old wells (who fills massive needs for us) on a 2 year with a 3rd year clause based on certain criteria, and its 'bucks trying to save his job... collingwood is a dads army...' etc etc. Talk about bias.
THIS

I think next years period should start Monday 10am and conclude the following Monday at 6pm. Make them work through the weekend.
Don't be fooled. Many teams are still making contact and trying to orchestrate deals over the weekend. Expect a few trades to go through on Monday as a result of this.

Question. Why did brisbane delist him?
And also, if he isn't good enough to make it at brisbane why would he be good enough here? Do you think his development stalled at brisbane and could become a Joel Hamling type pick up?
Absolutely, this guys closing speed is ridiculous and I remember he kept Tom Boyd to no goals in '15 I think. There's a lot potential there for him if he wants it. I don't fully understand why Brisbane delisted him, He was a bit injured during the NEAFL season but he's not your 20 disposal defender, He's your lock down player who keeps his opponent under wraps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some have asked about Brown's situation.

My understanding is that clubs have until COB Sunday to make an offer. If no offers are made Brown will either have to sign with us or seek a trade to another club. Given no club made an offer during the free trade period you would think unlikely clubs would want to then trade for him after it closed. So if no offers received by Sunday you would think he will resign with Pies.

If offers are made Pies have til Wednesday to match it which given Frost and Marsh moving on you would think is a possibility. That is unless they have a good alternative lined up.

There is a possibility that Collingwood have already hinted to suitor clubs like North that we are likely to match their offer. Good tactic to hopefully scare them off or at least make sure they pay a ridiculous salary to Brown...

The fact that he just got delisted from BRISBANE doesn't worry you?... just a little?
Joel hamling was delisted from geelong. Not exactly the same situation as he was behind a lot of quality, but you'd be ignorant to think Hine and co do not consider these kind of players. Some people can see things in some that others cannot... if hine/buckley/gubby reckon they can unlock his potential, id back him in. Dunno how good brisbanes player development is

I hope so, I like the boy
34E8605E00000578-0-image-a-27_1465027558361.jpg

The fact that he just got delisted from BRISBANE doesn't worry you?... just a little?

It should worry.

But then they had Sauce as the big experienced defender and they have some decent young KPB's in McStay, Gardiner etc that they are putting games into so it may not be as bad as it seems. They are looking for Frost to take over from Sauce and will probably keep going with the younger types.

He may be worth a look if he was one that was being followed at TAC Cup level.

Only 191cm though so more your third tall.

The Hawks - Saints trade for pick 10 this year has the potential to be very bad for the Hawks. If they finish towards the bottom of the top 8 they are basically giving up pick 10-12 next year and two 2nd rd picks this year for pick 10 this year. They are literally giving St Kilda pick 23 and 36 for nothing. Great work by the Saints
bit like up giving up what ended up being pick 7 for Treloar. We didn't anticipate we'd finish lower than the Giants. Then again, AT has been good value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back