List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is with the sudden obsession towards Collins? He's the early 20's version of Brown so lacking the experience and leadership to be a worthwhile acquisition. Keeffe will provide equal or better value in 2017!
I'm all for optimism but seriously... Keeffe has sat out of senior footy for two years and about 18 months of which he wasn't allowed to train at AFL level or use AFL-level facilities. I'd be disappointed but not very surprised if he simply can't get a game ever again. Collins is good. Not amazing but good. On that note, he won't come here. The Dockers won't unload him and in the case that they do, I'd imagine there are better suitors for him.

Doodles a player getting delisted from any other club than brisbane would be a huge worry but it is brisbane and there are two sides of that story to look at.

Firstly brisbane have a pretty bloody ordinary list which in any other club would be a worry.

HOWEVER

One of the main reasons they have a shit list is their coaching and player development departments are apparently run by snow white and the seven dwarves.

From third hand evidence you would have to conclude that ANY player would have to improve once out of that toxic and unprofessional atmosphere.

Hopefully what any recruitment officer would be looking at is the player's development curve before joining brisbane and then whilst at brisbane.

I would have a strong suspicion that more than one career has been destroyed by the bears.

News flash our player development and coaching hasn't exactly been on point for the past three years. Bringing in a player and just expecting them to be better in our system because Brisbane's is that much more flawed is appalling list management.

Perhaps we should look at it from a what he offers amd what are we lacking perspective? That way we could actually determine if recruiting him is value adding!

If i was a richmond supporter and we went to the draft and picked up D. Prestia at pick 6, i'd be stoked, don't get why this deal is complicated.
They're paying him a crap load more then Treloar... You get something big. you pay big.

I'm all for optimism but seriously... Keeffe has sat out of senior footy for two years and about 18 months of which he wasn't allowed to train at AFL level or use AFL-level facilities. I'd be disappointed but not very surprised if he simply can't get a game ever again. Collins is good. Not amazing but good. On that note, he won't come here. The Dockers won't unload him and in the case that they do, I'd imagine there are better suitors for him.

I'm not expecting Keeffe to be anything much at all. I'm simply pointing out that they'll both add roughly the same. Given we have to trade for Collins and Keeffe is already on the list Keeffe automatically comes out ahead on any cost benefit analysis. He was average BTW not good.

If i was a richmond supporter and we went to the draft and picked up D. Prestia at pick 6, i'd be stoked, don't get why this deal is complicated.
All because the Tigers want to move up from 27>22.

Just give pick 6 & stfu. Idiots.

Spot on! They're offering Jack ******* Frost a three year deal and delosting this bloke. Says a bit wouldn't you say?
Rookie spot, couldn't be as bad as Gault.
Further given Brisbane's recent track record, Aish? and others, don't see it as such a big deal.

All because the Tigers want to move up from 27>22.

Just give pick 6 & stfu. Idiots.

Plus one. Loving the stance of GC and I wish more clubs would take it! Sick of clubs making grandfather type offers and then not paying through the nose for it.

Rookie spot, couldn't be as bad as Gault.
Further given Brisbane's recent track record, Aish? and others, don't see it as such a big deal.

Please Maggie please tell me you don't actually believe in the "he's meh, but not as meh as x player was" thinking? That is complete shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic thinking. Its the sort of thinking people used with Golds up against Armstrong.

FWIW Beasley spent three years on the rookie list I would hardly be comparing his lack of output over three seasons against Aish's one season after finishing in the top 3 of a Rising Star.

Please Maggie please tell me you don't actually believe in the "he's meh, but not as meh as x player was" thinking? That is complete shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic thinking. Its the sort of thinking people used with Golds up against Armstrong.

FWIW Beasley spent three years on the rookie list I would hardly be comparing his lack of output over three seasons against Aish's one season after finishing in the top 3 of a Rising Star.
No I don't but sometimes it is plausible to factor some things in, Brisbane have been a basket case losing almost a quarter of their team to other clubs and are performing well at their new homes.
They must have seen something in him in the first instance.
We certainly have had a couple of list cloggers, two that are coming back don't get me enthused.
Anyway no biggie, just commenting on a suggestion of which there are plenty of in this thread.

No I don't but sometimes it is plausible to factor some things in, Brisbane have been a basket case losing almost a quarter of their team to other clubs and are performing well at their new homes.
They must have seen something in him in the first instance.
We certainly have had a couple of list cloggers, two that are coming back don't get me enthused.
Anyway no biggie, just commenting on a suggestion of which there are plenty of in this thread.

No dramas with suggestions being bandied around. I'd just like to see us going down the line of Beasley can do this, his numbers were this and he missed all three pre-seasons with the club (if true). I'm just not keen on the approach of previous posters that Brisbane's develooment was crap and because ours is better (marginally) he's worth enquiring about.

No dramas with suggestions being bandied around. I'd just like to see us going down the line of Beasley can do this, his numbers were this and he missed all three pre-seasons with the club (if true). I'm just not keen on the approach of previous posters that Brisbane's develooment was crap and because ours is better (marginally) he's worth enquiring about.
Don't ruin my day by mentioning our footy, development and fitness department!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That appears to be a real issue. I was shocked to hear, the club was really surprised how far back Aisho was when he came to us. Perhaps why it took him half a year to get up to speed. Credit to him, to get back to a really decent level by the end of the year.
The stories I heard about what Brisbane did to Karnezis regarding his development, if true, are mind blowing. No wonder the kid gave it away at such a young age

News flash our player development and coaching hasn't exactly been on point for the past three years. Bringing in a player and just expecting them to be better in our system because Brisbane's is that much more flawed is appalling list management.

Perhaps we should look at it from a what he offers amd what are we lacking perspective? That way we could actually determine if recruiting him is value adding!
Didn't say he would be better in OUR system just said he would simply have to improve outside of their shithole.

Actually have no opinion on him either way, just commenting that delisting from a club so inept at identifying and managing talent as brisbane isn't as apalling as from say being delisted from a club like Geelong.

Brisbane's last pick at the moment is 78. Their next latest pick is 21 - that tells me that if we can't get a guy like Rockliff or even Josh Green here in a player swap, they're taking him in the PSD.
Unless Brisbane gain a middle pick as part of another trade (there's a couple rumoured) a future pick or a pick upgrade are the other options to get a trade.

Didn't say he would be better in OUR system just said he would simply have to improve outside of their shithole.

Actually have no opinion on him either way, just commenting that delisting from a club so inept at identifying and managing talent as brisbane isn't as apalling as from say being delisted from a club like Geelong.

I was providing a general comment on bringing those sorts of players being flawed in general. The discussion itself brought it back to the pros and cons of developmemt programs.

Of the 100 odd players that are delisted pa (give or take) how many go on to play a further 50 games at the top level? Three to five percent max? Its not a line of thought that will benefit us regardless of club, IMO.

That isn't to poo poo your opinion completely, BTW. Its more about what provides Collingwood the greatest benefit.

WTF Richmond?

Richmond have reportedly offered pick 6 & 27 for Prestia & 22. Gold Coast have knocked them back. Hahaha.
Gunning for pick 6 straight swap. Hahah GC are being savage this trade period, I thought they might be difficult for the Tigers and Hawks to deal with after their presidents meltdown. I have a feeling they'll be a lot more accommodating to clubs who are trading players to them rather than poaching from them this year.

Plus one. Loving the stance of GC and I wish more clubs would take it! Sick of clubs making grandfather type offers and then not paying through the nose for it.
Trade board is hillarious at the moment. Tigers posters getting really salty and starting to take pot shots at other clubs to deflect from their own clubs ineptitude :D

I'd be looking at Hugh Beasley who got delisted from Brisbane as a rookie or on senior list. Cost nothing and has a heap of potential. He was a good player for Oakleigh in 2013, He's almost a Jono Marsh type clone but a better kick.

View attachment 300677
Rupert fan
Forward this info to the recruiting dept at pie land
He looks a lively type
But I suspect you already have

Yep, seems Marsh has left this bombshell a bit late. Smacks a bit of Leon Davis trying at the eleventh hour to move to a WA club at the end of 2011, but they had already set their lists...and with no salary cap left at Collingwood we were forced to offer him unders. So he retired instead. (something like that, my memory is a bit rusty) . You need to give your club some notice or it will backfire on you.

An earlier suggestion was to drop Marsh to the rookie list to allow him the freedom to have a year off if he needs it to decide if he wants to continue playing football. Its a good idea. Keeffe comes straight onto the senior list to replace him.
Rookie list Marsh if he doesn't find a home in WA, I've been living away from Aus for years, I get homesick, go home, get my fix. Once he no longer has the option he will realise it's not all bad.

Would you want yours released, needs to be some personal freedoms the rest of us enjoy.
Actually in Holland I worked for a company where everyone's salary was out in the open. Took getting used too but at least you know who is really earning their keep. I got no issues with it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back