List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

The next few seasons are going to be hard work,you can tell see this now.It is getting more and more depressing by the day following the Pies,we definitely are no longer a "destination club" where players want to play at.

Unfortunately I have seen it all before to larger and smaller degrees,,, time to get on the piss I think.

Trade sumamry

Outs

Frost - win (two fourth round picks is better than one so probably up on that trade)
Cloke - fair trade (getting salary off the books, and a pick similar to what Hawks got for Lewis
Brown - free agent, presumably Dunn is cheaper than matching the salary of a player who didnt want to be there
Witts - fair trade
Williams - loss, gave away for free, would have liked to keep but not on 2015 form. Probably lots of backstory we are not aware of.

Ins

Whe - win - bargain
Dunn - win - effectively a free agent and presumably cheaper or no more expensive than Brown
Wells - win
Mayne - jury out but dfefinitely fills a need.

Elliott is never coming back, at least not the Elliott we remember. He is essentially cooked unfortunately. Scharenberg may have lost the chance to ever reach his potential too.
Suspect you're right about Elliott, which probably explains/justifies recruitment of Mayne and WHE. I'm more hopeful about Shaz's prospects but don't have much to base that hope on.

The next few seasons are going to be hard work,you can tell see this now.It is getting more and more depressing by the day following the Pies,we definitely are no longer a "destination club" where players want to play at.

Unfortunately I have seen it all before to larger and smaller degrees,,, time to get on the piss I think.

Because we had nothing to Trade to get a Star with

Ummmmm they got OMeara and Mitchell I would take that.

Not for mine. If you'd told me they'd wind up with Mitchell and JOM pre-trade week I'd have agreed, but then at the price they paid I'd be in hysterics. Unfortunately the way it played out was more sad for them than funny. They dropped the ball more than we did given JOM hasn't played since 2014...

we need a new recruiting team and probably a new coaching group. We gave any our players for free essentially and paid way overs for WHE in draft terms and way overs financially for Mayne. Dunn is really a nothing acquisition reflecting our lack of player management / development for Brown / frost etc. Marley I simply don't get giving away fro free. we played the role of a charity for clubs looking for upside surprise players, and a financial charity for some older players. We are going backwards at a rate relative to other clubs. No finals next year or anytime soon I am afraid.

Trade sumamry

Outs

Frost - win (two fourth round picks is better than one so probably up on that trade)
Cloke - fair trade (getting salary off the books, and a pick similar to what Hawks got for Lewis
Brown - free agent, presumably Dunn is cheaper than matching the salary of a player who didnt want to be there
Witts - fair trade
Williams - loss, gave away for free, would have liked to keep but not on 2015 form. Probably lots of backstory we are not aware of.

Ins

Whe - win - bargain
Dunn - win - effectively a free agent and presumably cheaper or no more expensive than Brown
Wells - win
Mayne - jury out but dfefinitely fills a need.
Don't forget to add Toovey, Macaffer, Gault and Goodyear to your OUTs. When you factor them in, our 2017 list is definitely much better than 2016. Did Blair ever get around to re-signing?

Ummmmm they got OMeara and Mitchell I would take that.
It's not like they gained without losing!! One of Worst contested ball team in league how do we fix that we will push out our 2 best contested ball winners. Makes sense :rolleyes:
FFS most people think these teams got these big names to other teams for nothing we hawthorn has no picks under 88 this year and no first or second Rd next year, yes players coming in are good but don't think they were banking on losing as much as they did!

knock down a slab from iga my bruva

or if youre a workman hop into iga and buy a 2 pack of udls mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbs ain't no Treloar Carlscum...

CARLTON'S ASKING PRICE FOR GIBBS

Adelaide's list manager Justin Reid said the Blues wanted two first round picks for Gibbs.

The Crows felt that to be "irresponsible" list management.

A few in footy would agree with him.
Rofl. 2 first rounders for a 27 year old with 1 B&F to his name???

Irresponsible list management is very diplomatic from the crows. Will be fun to watch Gibbs run around half heartedly for a team he doesn't want to play for then get traded for peanuts.

Bingo, it's been a good trading period...hopefully Marsh comes to his senses
Christ I hope marsh does as it really getting me down,it feels on a par with our lost to the Bombers in 84 prelim,those of you to young to remember don,t need to know believe me.

Still come what may we still support the best club,I just wish they run it a bit better,Go the Pies.

seriously

brown
frost
williams
brown
witts
cloke

all rubbish.. so we got rubbish in return

fair trade period id say

wells mayne and dunn.. we didn't give away anything as far as draft selections or players go.

the only trade you can argue for or agst is hoskin-elliot..

so what the hell is the bickering about?

its a trade period where in effect we didn't do anything.

what I'm rapped about is we dumped our crap onto other clubs and made em their problem.

3 players in wells dunn and mayne.. ony 3 spots of speculative mature age players as opposed to 10 mature age crap weve kept on our list for far too long add witts williams and frost in that 10 as well. and gault.. see ya later!

overall happy!!!

the list is where it should be.. we are just gunning for strong.. not avg any longer.. well done gubbs.. brave and very bright.[/QUOTE
you have to be kidding. we are a mess. we have been going backwards for 5 years, gave away 5 payers for free , overpaid for 2 aging players financially and WHE is a massive risk. Has done nothing really in 4 years of AFl football and we pay a 2nd rounder for him. crazy

Shout out to Bruno on Voy who gave us a B+ for this trade period. Fair call IMO. Especially seeing we brought in Treloar, Aish and Howe last year and didn't have much to work with. It seems that other clubs didn't rate Cloke, Witts, Frost and Williams as high as we thought (2nd round picks for all!).

"Didn't lose anyone of note. Cleared out list cloggers.

Added a replacement for Swan (Wells).

Added a senior level talent to immediately cover loss of Toovey / a player who can release DeGoey into the midfield / tighten up our forward pressure deficiency. (Mayne).

Added another name to our group of highly rated players from the 2011 - 2014 drafts (Hoskin Elliott).

Brought in cover from losing Brown (Dunn)."

Last edited:
Sends a clear message to the playing group.

I would have thought the last 4 years of trading permiership players would have sent a message.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back