List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there are some massive over-reactions going on in this board.

I suspect too many posters got their hopes up for getting ridiculous offers for lowly skilled players that we wanted to dump.

The only player I'm upset about losing is Marsh (if we do).

I'm rapt with getting WHE. Rate him highly and we paid a fair price.

If we can use 28 on a kid then the points to our father/sons later then things work out.

Rofl. 2 first rounders for a 27 year old with 1 B&F to his name???

Irresponsible list management is very diplomatic from the crows. Will be fun to watch Gibbs run around half heartedly for a team he doesn't want to play for then get traded for peanuts.

Sounds as though there is going to be follow up from Crows on this via the AFL.

I think there are some massive over-reactions going on in this board.

I suspect too many posters got their hopes up for getting ridiculous offers for lowly skilled players that we wanted to dump.

The only player I'm upset about losing is Marsh (if we do).

I'm rapt with getting WHE. Rate him highly and we paid a fair price.

If we can use 28 on a kid then the points to our father/sons later then things work out.

Yep the only one we got unders for was Marley and that was clearly a fire sale for non football reasons.

Out of respect for him we did a trade rather than delist him.

I wonder if the same negative posters are in here that we're in last years trade thread.
Howe spud this, Aish shit that. Seedman and Kennedy were worth more, etc.
We got rid of Witts, Frost & Brown. That should be champagne popping in itself!
Spin Mayne at 4x5 to me in a positive way.

I am the Joel Embiid of Collingwood supporters but I have nothing.

Sends a clear message to the playing group.
Had to go and have a walk to clear the head. In the serenity of walking along the Yarra banks resolved (in myself) that the biggest statement from this apparent chaos is the message that gets sent to the players (both fundamentally in their footballing skills and their attitude to being a professional player at Collingwood). If you do not improve you go. Now it will be interesting to see if this same fundamental philosophy gets applied to the other sections of the club ?

Anthony Rocca? I'd have him and Cloke on a similar level. AR 220 games 404 goals, TC 246 games 441 goals.
Anthony never reached the heights Trav did at his best but not a huge difference.

Langdon - Dunn - Maynard
Howe - Reid - Sinclair
Sidey - Wells - Adams
Mayne - White - WHE
Fasolo - Moore - Elliott

Grundy - Pendles - Treloar

Aish - Varcoe - Ramsey - De Goey

I'm looking forward to much better ball use next year. The only dodgy users on that list are Langdon, Maynard and Adams and with all of them it appears to be decision making more than skill. They all could ed up pretty good with the footy.

SOME THOUGHTS FROM THE PIES

Here's a selection of what Collingwood list manager Derek Hine said post the trade period.

On Lynden Dunn:

“We were mindful with Nathan (Brown) going out and Jack (Frost) going out and he’s proven that he can play tall and small, so we’re really pleased to bring Lynden in.

On Marley Williams:

“From our perspective, it was just doing the right thing by Marley. Otherwise, we were in a situation where we probably weren’t going to go on with him.

“We’ve had a lot of small defenders out with injury, guys like (Jackson) Ramsay and (Matthew) Scharenberg and I think that Marley realised he was a little down the back end of that group.

On Hoskin-Elliott:

“I think he’s going to be a lot more balanced back home, amongst family and friends. One thing that really stood out to us with Will was his performances on the MCG have just been really consistent and at a high level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No-one wanted to pay anything for Marley.

Don't people understand this????????????????????
then don't get rid of him for peanuts. the guy has played well at afl , is young and quick. how many 105 picks have played 1 game of AFL?.
Answer is zero.

Marley Williams for 105 / Cloke for 79???
in hine we trust, more like in hine we bust.
They had very average years, and didn't want to be at the club. Hardly the best bargaining position for us to be in!
You make what you can out of a bad situation, simple as that.

I'm looking forward to much better ball use next year. The only dodgy users on that list are Langdon, Maynard and Adams and with all of them it appears to be decision making more than skill. They all could ed up pretty good with the footy.
Maynard will be one of our best kicks out of the backline in the next couple of years.

then don't get rid of him for peanuts. the guy has played well at afl , is young and quick. how many 105 picks have played 1 game of AFL?.
Answer is zero.
Pick 105 is a steal, Marley is horrible. I said before the trade period i would trade him for a empty packet of crisps and i got what i wanted.
By the way Chris Grant was selected at 105 :D

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back