Autopsy Collingwood v St Kilda post match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Missing all those goals in the first was the beginning of the end, just dropped their heads after that.

In for next week

Schenberg, Dunn, Daicos, Phillips, Wells

Darcy Moore I love you mate but what's going on :(

Was thrown to the wolves like Jack Watts and like Watts is struggling and every week his confidence is getting eroded.

Ben Ried as good as he is in defence really should be our main KPF allowing Darcy to play 2nd fiddle and develop.

Reid as a forward on a goals to game average was number 1 in the AFL during his stints as a forward, even better then Kenndey from WC who won the coleman.

The injuries were not caused by playing forward rather then back it is such a stupid argument to put forward. Truth is his family has a soft tissue issues and whether he was fwd or back that season he would of had those injuries.

We didn't lose because of the performance of Blair but the selection was all wrong from the beginning and gives a small glimpse of the failings of the coaches mindset IMO.

Blair was out for 1 week, wasn't in the bests in a VFL practice match against a side who lost by 180pts today and yet the coach thinks that's enough to warrant him being the carry over player heading into the match.

He never learns and it's looking like Tony Shaw all over again.

I agree the choice of JB lacked imagination. There were far better options.

It's not Bucks fault that our players lost the vast majority of 1 on 1 contests, in the air and on the ground. No game plan can save that.

As for Ramsay and Maynard they weren't great but the backline was under pressure all day. If the midfield won some ball and forwards kept it in then the backline wouldn't be under the pump so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, that's a serious defeat. We should have won but our deficiencies are really shining through. A few points:

Effort was really down. The Saints just out-hunted us after the half-time break.
We have a lot of poor decision makers -- Maynard, Crisp, Ramsey, Blair, Treloar, all could be a lot better. Crisp in particular seems to have gone backward.
Moore is sorely out of form. There seems to be no way around putting Reid forward, which means Dunn comes in. Also, Dunn can kick.
Elliot and Broomhead have both had interrupted preseasons, and it's showing. Broomhead needs a spell in the twos. Elliot probably could have played in the VFL this week and it showed too.
Blair -- look, he tries hard, I'll give him that. But damn if the game hasn't passed him by.
DeGoey had a lot to answer for. We need him big time.
Wells will have to come in. Because he at least can kick.
Broomhead deserves to be in the closet where him and his hair bun belong

Okay I will try my best to stay calm.

Firstly the players have no confidence. They dont know where their teammates should be. We are a lacking a big forward. Perhaps we shouldnt have traded a certain player.

Opposition continue to rip through our midfield. The zone defence does not and has never worked under bucks.

This was legitimately the worst match I have seen us play under bucks. There are no excuses now. Full team, bucks team.

We have to start looking for other options. I am not saying sack him right now. But if an opportunity appears we need to consider it because unfortunately Buckley will not be our next premiership coach.
We better work out the forwards.
Kills us dead.

I made this point last week, Moore might need time in the reserves to find confidence and form.

This to me is the start of our problems, not enough happens when the ball goes forward.
And those missed shots, they just kill.

Ball held, kicking for goal, kick ball between the two bigger sticks, hmmmm would help

Also how the f*** do we play a home game at Eithad, against a side whos home ground is Eithad. The AFL is run by ck heads.

Need to put a rocket up Ed Pert and the board you don't hear a peep out of them on this issue.

If we must play 2 games home at Etihad why the hell isn't vs non vic teams. Ie WC, Crows, Syd, GWS, GC, Bris, Freo...

Welcome back CFC...

You may need some hemorrhoid cream now you're off that fence you've been sitting on for the last 4 weeks

I haven't been sitting on the fence doodles......I just will never disrespect Bucks.

So pissed off......lucky I am sitting at the Chinese restaurant for my Easter dinner.

My wife just told me off for being on Bigfooty.......f...k you Collingwood!

Once again the high pressure keepings off press up high crap has fallen apart again well surprise surprise!!!! If you have a stable and SUSTAINABLE gameplan that will get you through a full year you can still be 10% off and win some games, we cannot.
argets
I am sick and tired of our coach Mr Bullish and his leaving no stone unturned clichés resulting in the same shit year after year.
St Kilda were hungrier and backed themselves more against our team of ****ing robots who are so mentally institutionalised by Buckley and his failed attempts at getting a winning game style, they are actually brain dead footballers who have lost all sense of freedom and independent thought.

Thoughts on a few players,
Adam Treloar is nowhere near elite until he can hit targets, late game heroics do not make up for the amount of footy he butchers before that.
Moore is still a boy playing a mans game, back to the two's son.
Maynard at least tries to make stuff happen.
Crisp is a downhill skier who wouldn't know effort and real desperation if it kicked him in the face.
Broomhead is like Rob Schneider in a Sandler Film, floats in and out the whole time but rarely gives you the pleasure you are after bar the occasional promising cameo.

In all they are going nowhere under King Bullish and his merry band of yes men and it is soul destroying to watch this crap year after year!!!!!

Bloody flat after that performance, truly baffling that they can produce that utter garbage.
Certainly not enjoying watching my club play footy anymore, can't remember When I last enjoyed watching a game during the actual game, the result last week hid a lot of underlining issues with this club!

Bucks gone by round 12 ?

As l said last week, the next month will be the biggest in the clubs history for the past 6 years. No excuses for Buckley now, with a full list to select from. 4 losses in the next 4 games, already lost one today, should be the nail in the coffin. Unfortunately Ed and co will have to make the call.

He killed Man Utd :(
Man U has killed Man U itself.

Unbelievable all that money can't get it quite right.

I'm a Man U supporter, I remember them when they were on 7 titles, then they won 13 more, so it's been pretty good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Collingwood v St Kilda post match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back