Game Day Collingwood vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

On a slightly related note, how awesome was it to watch a game played in the right spirit without players trying to continually con the umps with head high contact?

No doubt the eagles will destroy any hope I have that the game has moved beyond that though.

You're pretty hung up on the Eagles considering you didn't play them and just won.

Anyway, great win by you guys. I noticed the commentators overlooked Sandilands contribution. The big man was everywhere.

On a slightly related note, how awesome was it to watch a game played in the right spirit without players trying to continually con the umps with head high contact?

No doubt the eagles will destroy any hope I have that the game has moved beyond that though.
Man you are really wearing purple tinted glasses. The umpiring was well in our favour and there was ducking, SonSon did it at most contests which is diss appointing.

The Pies didnt have Blair , Fasolo , White , Reid , Seedsman , J Thomas , Seedsman and Karnezis out . Freo had Clarke , Ibbotson and Suban out.
The Dockers next time encounter a different more powerfull Pies team .
Pies to win .

The Pies didnt have Blair , Fasolo , White , Reid , Seedsman , J Thomas , Seedsman and Karnezis out . Freo had Clarke , Ibbotson and Suban out.
Pies to win .

Didn't Buckley say now was a good time to play Freo?? And if your comparing players (you forgot Clancee Pearce) Ibbo, Clarke, Suban and Pearce are in our best 22, the only players you've named in the Pies best 22 are Blair, Reid, Fasolo and White (whom is a bit of an unknown quantity for the pies)
I know which 4 I'd prefer coming into my team....

Pies to win .

Showing a bit of ignorance about our list I think. You forgot to mention Sylvia, Gumbleton, Griffin, C Pearce, Morabitto and Bradley for the Dockers. Including the ones you mentioned, all nine of those guys would not have been "ins" for us, but if any of them had been available they would have played last night. Each of them would have improved us in a key area.

Last edited:
I get the feeling we're the AFL's 'lets give them a free ride this year' team after some of those calls going our way last night.

AND I'M STOKED!!!

Campbell and the rule committee have made some minor interpretational changes to get the ball moving and you saw most of then during the game .
The umpires will not penalise a player for illegal disposal of the ball if he is in the act of kicking the ball : IE Fyfe .
Using the head as a battering ram again no free kick and the sliding rule .
The clarification of which got a good example with the Mzungu incident .
As I said before we get a better go from the umpires in Melbourne than in Perth .
Give me S.A or VIC umpires for our home games every time .

Pies to win .

Nice sentiment turbo, post this on the pies board and get back to me with the responses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies to win .
bet you were one of the thousands who walked out at half time ;)

Pies to win .

Excuses. Karnezis and White havent even pulled on a Collingwood jumper yet. Fasolo has been out ages. Pie's still had Pendles, Beams and a very decent midfield.
FIGJAM stated this was a good time to catch Freo'. His arrogance and lack of coaching ability is reward enough.

Next thing you'll be moaning they miss Daisy.

Pies to win .
Your opinion/post reflects your ability of knowing the game of AFL obviously... Very very shite!

BTW congratulations, you officially take the trophy from this guy below...
1311730-john_edward_awarded_on_south_park.jpg

Man you are really wearing purple tinted glasses. The umpiring was well in our favour and there was ducking, SonSon did it at most contests which is diss appointing.

We had the rub of the green a few times with the umps (though only finished with one more free fwiw), but I was commenting more on the general approach they took to the game. I hope they continue to let the tiggy touchwood stuff go all year, even if it means we miss out on a few frees.

I've been critical of Son Son for ducking in the past, but I thought he was ok tonight. A few times he ducked and spun to try get out of congestion, but I didn't notice any faking or throwing of the head back followed by an appeal to the umps that the likes of Shuey have mastered.

Pies to win .
Dud
good young player who would of done close to nothing
good player but never played a home and away game for his club yet
would of been forced to play as a defender
good young player but wouldn't of changed the game at all
average player
you mentioned him twice because you're stupid
the ultimate dud

Freo had their second ruckman missing, one of the best intercept marking defenders in the league missing and another midfielder missing. To say Karnezis, then we can say Sylvia. You're knowledge of football is disgustingly bad. It shows one team has depth and one team doesn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Collingwood vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back