Preview Collingwood vs Stkilda Grand Final Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind the chanting at all, reminds me of being at an english premier league game... the only people who diss it are the jealous ones!

Yes F.G you will find it hard to sleep, but hey WHO GIVES a shit mate, your team is in the GF and 14 others aren't so the adrenalin will keep you peaking all day, and if you win probabaly all month.
Might see you out on the town with cuzzy?

The Essendon guys were physically intimidated by the 1990 Collingwood side on GF day, and I bet they were spewing when Millane declared himself fit to play because he was the heart and soul of that side along with Shawy and Banksy!
For some reason I'm much more tolerant of pies supporters because I reckon they are very good for footy. Would be shitty and boring without the banter!

So excited today, missed out on the 1990 grand final by 6 months.. could be my first. Yeah wouldnt know much of the old days, would people say Collingwood have more hard men then they did back then? and yes i realise the game is softer but players like Leigh Brown and co, do we have more tough men back then or now? its gonna be War today.

If we win, hopefully my mates arent to pussy to hit the city, most are carlton, richmond fans so wouldnt really know much about success and they would rather stay home and play Halo at someones house on a Sat night... :eek: Owell

So excited today, missed out on the 1990 grand final by 6 months.. could be my first. Yeah wouldnt know much of the old days, would people say Collingwood have more hard men then they did back then? and yes i realise the game is softer but players like Leigh Brown and co, do we have more tough men back then or now? its gonna be War today.

If we win, hopefully my mates arent to pussy to hit the city, most are carlton, richmond fans so wouldnt really know much about success and they would rather stay home and play Halo at someones house on a Sat night... :eek: Owell

Are you going to the game?

The game isn't softer now it's just that back in those days you could get away with a hell of a lot more than you could today.
It is very hard to compare 1990 to 2010 but you guys were as hard as nails .... Denis Banks, Darren Millane, Tony Shaw, Damian Monkhorst, Craig Kelly etc were tough and dirty when they had to be!

P.S you're a pup aren't ya? you should be able to do all nighters without a shadow of a doubt!

I am so pumped. I am at work today and have been counting down since I arrived and it is driving the Canadians banana's.

8 hours 35 minutes til kickoff. 7 hours 35 minutes to the coverage starts.

Advised the wife to leave town for the weekend because only two things are going to happen after the game finishes around 5.30am. We win and I will be watching the game 3 or 4 more times throughout the morning. If we lose, she knows better not to speak to me during the regular season if we lose...

Woo hoo, got 6 hours sleep, somehow, but now I feel even worse then I did last night.

Bloody hell, at least the weather is looking all right.

Grand Final Breakfast's on TV in a minute, one on 7 isn't live (Nth Melbourne one) and the Collingwood one is on Nine at 9am.

Ohh, getting toey now.

Best of luck today, people. I'm hanging around your board today to deal with any trolls and the like. Hit the report button and I'll take care of it.

Woo hoo, got 6 hours sleep, somehow, but now I feel even worse then I did last night.

Bloody hell, at least the weather is looking all right.

Grand Final Breakfast's on TV in a minute, one on 7 isn't live (Nth Melbourne one) and the Collingwood one is on Nine at 9am.

Ohh, getting toey now.

Yeah I got about 6-7 hours sleep too but I do feel a lot better then last night at the moment.

I won't watch any of the Lead Up to the GF as I will be a Mess if I do.

I am about 80% sure we will win today but I don't want to be so worked up that I feel terrible IF we lose:(

I didn't tape it Dave sorry. Hopefully someone else can help you out.

I think Bruce summed today up quite well. St Kilda have about the same chance today as Hawthorn had in 2008. Problem is like that year upsets can happen. For that reason I am shittin myself.

I honestly think if we win my first reaction will be one of relief than happiness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't tape it Dave sorry. Hopefully someone else can help you out.

That's Okay Mars will get it:thumbsu: What happend on the Video?

I think Bruce summed today up quite well. St Kilda have about the same chance today as Hawthorn had in 2008. Problem is like that year upsets can happen. For that reason I am shittin myself.

Bloody Bruce giving the Pies Fans all Heart Attacks over that

I honestly think if we win my first reaction will be one of relief than happiness

I be exacly the Same

Milne motivated by chance to beat Magpies

ST KILDA'S Stephen Milne doesn’t need any extra motivation to claim his first premiership, but he admits the fact he will be battling Collingwood for the honour adds some fire to the belly.

Milne was famously engaged in a war of words with Magpies coach Mick Malthouse at quarter-time of the round three clash between the sides this year.

This is a great reason to win because we don't want this little C**t to win a Premiership

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103160/default.aspx

Dave, I didn't even read that article, and I never will.

Anytime the word Milne is in a title, ignore it.

But I get your point, Milne is yet another reason why we should be fully motivated to beat the Saints.

But then again, it's a Grand Final, and if you need anymore motivation to get you up for this game, you are probably screwed.

One of the positives I have seen this week is the way our players have handled themselves, both on and off camera, they have loved the week, embraced the fans and the whole "event" that is Grand Final week, and just genuinely have seemed to be enjoying the experience.

We have more big game players then you can poke a stick at, and with the "calmness" that the likes of Dids, Swanny and Harry will bring to the rooms, we won't be beaten mentally today.

GO PIES.:thumbsu:

I'm a nervous wreck. This is it. This is our chance and we've gotta take it. Shattered I can't go today, but I'm sure I'll be heard for kilometres around. Good luck everyone, let's do it Pies!!!

Haha, we have our own "super mod" to look after us today, if the unthinkable happens and we lose, we will need his/her help.

I'm about to leave for the game, looks like I'll be sitting in M16, Row C, all day which is just awesome.

I hope for those not at the game, you can still enjoy the day, and maybe join up with us after the game at the Bowl, or on the Bigfooty March.

Enjoy the day, GO PIES.:thumbsu:

Are you going to the game?

The game isn't softer now it's just that back in those days you could get away with a hell of a lot more than you could today.
It is very hard to compare 1990 to 2010 but you guys were as hard as nails .... Denis Banks, Darren Millane, Tony Shaw, Damian Monkhorst, Craig Kelly etc were tough and dirty when they had to be!

P.S you're a pup aren't ya? you should be able to do all nighters without a shadow of a doubt!
Nah - Watching it with Dad at my uncles house :thumbsu:

Yep only young, i am a bloody nervous wreck now. dont know if i can do the driving for the trip to my uncles :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Collingwood vs Stkilda Grand Final Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back