Preview Collingwood vs Sydney Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Was hopping to see Ugle playing tonight :-(

Report?

Most of the guys who played were our first yearers , apart from Golsack , Rounds , Hunter. We had a ridiculous amount of players playing , so guys were on and off alot.

Goldsack looked very good and miles too good in the patches he played , and bizarrely his physique looks the most 'AFL ready' after a bad illness than ever before.

Perham definately kicked atleast 5 this time.

Reilly has nice hands and did a few good things.

I'm happy with what Cribbin showed.

Gordon is a bit timid playing as a KPP defender ATM.

They ran out of team lists so I didn't have one , but there was a guy wearing no 53 who should not be seen again until we draft him next year. Yes , he was Aboriginal , and no I'm not one to get carried way with exoticism and assume he has a little bit of magic. This guy is a sublime football and athletic talent.

We won easily.

Most of the guys who played were our first yearers , apart from Golsack , Rounds , Hunter. We had a ridiculous amount of players playing , so guys were on and off alot.

Goldsack looked very good and miles too good in the patches he played , and bizarrely his physique looks the most 'AFL ready' after a bad illness than ever before.

They ran out of team lists so I didn't have one , but there was a guy wearing no 53 who should not be seen again until we draft him next year. Yes , he was Aboriginal , and no I'm not one to get carried way with exoticism and assume he has a little bit of magic. This guy is a sublime football and athletic talent.

We won easily.

VFL game done, now find somewhere for coffee then off to AFL game. Jack perham dominant display!
[/URL]

Pendles agree with you.

Well I say Number 53 would playing in the VFL Side. Was he tall or small?

Was Brian down there taking Pics?

I say Gordon sounds like a 3rd Tall at the moment

Fair enough to leave Rounds out, he's probably a bit under done still.

Ugle had a run last week, so it's good to give others their shot tonight.

So our final squad is;

COLLINGWOOD
1. Leon Davis, 2. Chris Tarrant, 5. Nick Maxwell, 7. Andrew Krakouer, 8. Harry O'Brien, 12. Luke Ball, 13. Dale Thomas, 15. Leigh Brown, 17. Dayne Beams, 19. Cameron Wood, 20. Ben Reid, 21. Sharrod Wellingham, 23. Lachlan Keefe, 25. Tom Young, 26. Ben Johnson, 27. Simon Buckley, 28. Ben Sinclair, 30. Brent Macaffer, 32. Travis Cloke, 34. Alan Toovey, 35. Alex Fasolo, 36. Dane Swan, 38. Scott Reed, 39. Heath Shaw, 48. Jye Bolton, 50. Shae McNamara

That would be right would it not.:confused:

Pretty strong group still.:)

Noticed on Brian's photo's from training yesterday that he was amongst those not playing in tonight's game.

The two's are playing now at the paddock, so interesting to see if he is out there.

Yep, J Mac played in the VFL praccy match this afternoon. He was talking to the physio about his shoulder (which was strapped) at half time.

Rounds, Ugle & Hunter in played in the VFL game too, so I expect they probably won't play tonight (or maybe used as subs & only have limited game time).

We won easily.

I agree, #53 looked good. Showed some decent pace & skill. No idea who he is.

Perham & Reilly were both good I thought, took some nice marks on the lead & contested, kicked a decent bag of goals between them.

Any idea who the big bloke wearing #9 was? Played tall in the forward line, also took some nice grabs & kicked a few goals.

I agree, #53 looked good. Showed some decent pace & skill. No idea who he is.

Perham & Reilly were both good I thought, took some nice marks on the lead & contested, kicked a decent bag of goals between them.

Any idea who the big bloke wearing #9 was? Played tall in the forward line, also took some nice grabs & kicked a few goals.

#9 was probably Jake Walsh

COLLINGWOOD
1. Leon Davis, 2. Chris Tarrant, 5. Nick Maxwell, 7. Andrew Krakouer, 8. Harry O'Brien, 12. Luke Ball, 13. Dale Thomas, 15. Leigh Brown, 17. Dayne Beams, 19. Cameron Wood, 20. Ben Reid, 21. Sharrod Wellingham, 23. Lachlan Keefe, 25. Tom Young, 26. Ben Johnson, 27. Simon Buckley, 28. Ben Sinclair, 30. Brent Macaffer, 32. Travis Cloke, 34. Alan Toovey, 35. Alex Fasolo, 36. Dane Swan, 38. Scott Reed, 39. Heath Shaw, 48. Jye Bolton, 50. Shae McNamara

Shae made the final cut. **** yeah!! Really looking forward to this game.

glad the first round format is over :thumbsu: finally get a more legit feel of a game. dont think iv ever had as much interest in a ruck contest ever as i have for tonight :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Krak and Shaw started forward and Leon down back now Shaw has gone back
Thanks mate, any regular updates of SC relevant players would be much appreciated.
Ha Krak got the fitness to run a full game at AFL level?
Life can't suck if that chick in the avitar is your missus:D

Shae has looked out of his depth so far, as you'd expect. A good mark and goal, but otherwise shaky. Otheriwse the kids look good, and are performing well against a far more experienced Sydney outfit.

Shae has looked out of his depth so far, as you'd expect. A good mark and goal, but otherwise shaky. Otheriwse the kids look good, and are performing well against a far more experienced Sydney outfit.
Scary how good your 'B' sides have looked in the preseason. Probably better than our 1's

Thanks mate, any regular updates of SC relevant players would be much appreciated.
Ha Krak got the fitness to run a full game at AFL level?
Life can't suck if that chick in the avitar is your missus:D

Check out this thread mate.

I'd say the opposite! He's presenting well, spotted up targets, made contests and snagged a goal before half-time. He's going really well!

Shae played well enough to give us something to think about.

Beams was excellent. Swannies was in second all night and still looked a step ahead.
Krak was 10% better than the last run, keep it up and he'll be right on the fringe come round 1.

Not sure how Taz is tracking. He's doing a lot of hands-in-the-air "I was robbed" acting but not enough actual aerial spoils. Seems to be caught out of position a lot.

He ain't the Nathan Brown replacement, that's for sure.

Short notes

Swan is very very good
Goal kicking accuracy of swan and beams improved markedly
Shae for his first senior hit out looked good, isn't really that far behind wood
Wood was ok not sure on the stats but he was ok. Still unseen around the ground and up forward though
Tarrant must tighten up defensively, useless trailing in five meters behind and then complaining for help
Krak was better this week, by mid year will be doing some breath taking stuff
Davis isn't a defender, Harry isn't a wingmen, Heath isnt a forward. Experiment completed let's never talk of it again
Keefe isn't bad will get games
Fasolo, Bolton, Sinclair all showed signs
You couldn't half tell it was travs first hit out, duked some and dropped sitters
We mustn't fall into the over handball trap, there will be lots if presses this year and too many handpasses are criminal
Benny Reid looks good he and not tarrant is our premier defender
Maxy see trav first game of the year
General kicking was down, and decision making
Thomas of the Dale variety very good
On the umpires if they are like that all year I'll go crazy or have a stress induced heart attack

Sorry to intrude on your board - great game.
Who was the guy next to Malthouse in the red vest towards the dying minutes of the last QTR?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Collingwood vs Sydney Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back