Game Day Collingwood vs West Coast Eagles on Saturday 31st of July 2021 @TBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're not set on playing a contested game, then what's the point in Redden?

If we're not set on running the ball, then what's the point in Gaff?

If we're not set on kicking to the hot spot, then what's the point in all our tall forwards?

Just a complete shambles of a team and set up.
I would give you 2 likes for this comment if I could.

Someone give me a rundown of what’s actually happened, given I’ve just now seen the score.

Spare the emotive “we’re sh*t, no heart, sack this bloke and trade this one”.

What’s been happening? I see we lead i50s and Collingwood have scored accurately, but that explains maybe a 15-20 point swing? Not this. Can’t get the footy, playing safe again? Bad turnovers? The lot?

How’s this come about today?

the players dont give a toss and Simmo cannot motivate the player group....thats whats happening

Someone give me a rundown of what’s actually happened, given I’ve just now seen the score.

What’s been happening? I see we lead i50s and Collingwood have scored accurately, but that explains maybe a 15-20 point swing? Not this. Can’t get the footy, playing safe again? Bad turnovers? The lot?

They go from d50 to a shot on goal with about 6 handballs and 4 kicks while there isn't a west coast player within 5 meters of them for 80% of that transition

They are lazy. You’ve seen it all before. Not tackling, not running hard. Don’t care.

Independent review. Either keep Simmo and sack all assistants bring in fresh assistants and create a whole new game plan next year. Or just Pay Simmo out and start fresh

HoneyBadger35 - we're not clunking marks and the ball is being waltzed out of defensive 50. Entries are poor, rebounds are easy. They're handballing through the corridor and playing on every chance they get, with our boys - particularly our senior boys - jogging and occasionally limply flailing an arm as they pretend to chase. And then they're picking off great entry kicks into 50 with low trajectory balls that we can't spoil, and kicking at the sticks well.

Our lot look disinterested for the most part, with the exception of some of the kids. Even NN looks like he's done being the only beacon of giving a shit.

If they're not going to do it for the coach they should do it for Bunga

This issue goes much deeper than Simmo

We regularly can't be bothered showing up

I'm not defending Simmo and don't care if he gets yeeted. I am firmly aimed at the zero effort zero pressure players
The point is the culture should be you try every game or you don't play....it doesn't go deeper than the head coach if he drops players when they aren't trying a few years ago when it was first visible. He is STILL playing players because they played in a flag 3 years ago! Not last year - 3 years ago!!!! Majority of the issues are all his fault

If we drop out of eight then action must be taken.

No top 8 spot simmo this year. He has first 10 rounds next year to perform or he's gone. A 3-4 year rebuild with no gameplay change is unacceptable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't stress about the continued poor tackling

Some of the boys will run personal bests in this weeks 2km time trial which is clearly much more important

Last edited:
Feel sorry for you guys when this happens. You are not a bad side. They just look flat, applying no pressure. Maybe all this Covid stuff causing you to play like this.
No we’ve shown bits of this for the last 2 years and have done nothing to change our method of play. We need to change the style of play…need to play man on man

They go from d50 to a shot on goal with about 6 handballs and 4 kicks while there isn't a west coast player within 5 meters of them for 80% of that transition

yep we can’t play man on man since Simpson took over.

Not fit.
Fowards apply no pressure - JK is our best forward but the opportunity cost of his non pressure is getting serious.
Our forwards have been beaten for most of the season bar a few games.
Defence is zone based with not accountability. Accurate disposal under no pressure destroys us.
Lack of fitness results in forwards not supporting the mids who then get overrun and this mashes our defence. Our mids can not support our defence. (How does that explain the first quarter)

I laugh at those on here strategising out lead into finals.Deluded.

Our list includes too many fringe players now who help as best they can but dont win key contests when it matters. We rely on 5-6 players.

We are beaten badly the same way every time.

We need first round draft picks - we are unable to trade ceonsistantly as Perth is not a destination.

I have written previously about the clubs management.

This started well before COVID.

Try Round 1, 2019. The writing was on the wall for those to see and we've become progressively worse.

First excuse: Flag hangover
Second: injuries, COVID
Third: COVID? The record rains in July?

Take your pick.
I am 100% with you and have had to temper saying exactly this every week.

I disagree. We let them do whatever the fu** they want through the corridor majority of the time and they’ve been getting set shot after set shot 30-40 out with hardly any angles. We are an embarrassment
Yeah but still on a usual day Collingwood kicks 7.4 or 6.5 from these shots, not 10.1

The point is the culture should be you try every game or you don't play....it doesn't go deeper than the head coach if he drops players when they aren't trying a few years ago when it was first visible. He is STILL playing players because they played in a flag 3 years ago! Not last year - 3 years ago!!!! Majority of the issues are all his fault
I'm not saying Simmo doesn't need to go. I am saying the players have no effort

Blaming Simmo and the game plan is just the small brain easy way out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back