Toast Collingwood: Why we'll win, why we'll lose

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Be warned eagles-the pies to be scary!!?

Form can't be switched on and off. I expect Coll to have the wobbles early. If we don't make them pay with scoreboard pressure they will fight their way back via didak krak and their smalls to win.

If it rains, people are saying it will advantage Collingwood. Which it will but only slightly imo. It will nullify Kennedy/Lynch/Darling and even Cox and Nicnat to an extent but it will also nullify Cloke and his contested marking (Collingwoods most dangerous forward by a long way).

They still have a very dangerous small/medium forward line but i think we have a pretty good small/medium backline too. Butler, Hurn, Waters, Mcginnity, A Selwood. We should be able to match up pretty well on Didak and the others.

IF we can go 50/50 or better with them in the midfield then we have a very good chance especially if it rains. It helps that we have played in the rain in the past 2 weeks. So we've had some recent practice at it and only getting better and better with it too.

It helps that we have played in the rain in the past 2 weeks. So we've had some recent practice at it and only getting better and better with it too.

my thoughts too..weve really got all bases covered, including playing a couple of gruelling games in the rain recently..well prepared for everything - except the 'scary' juggernaut thing?

Love the fact our last two games have been played in wet weather. Can this season possibly work out any better for us? Things have certainly fallen our way. Maybe there is more luck to come?

We actually match up well against collingwood, so I can see it being a closely contested game.

just read an article by ex pies coach at the GCS(?)..warning WCE of malthouse getting the pies up and firing..we know they will be anyway,and that the cats game was an aberration..certainly a dead rubber regardless..
however this coach (forgotten his name-nor have time to pull article up-sorry)
has warned WCE that the pies will be scary from the get-go!!!

we fully expect the usual pies performance-at their best- but scary!!??
given our improvement,in most areas of the game, since the last time we played them-you'd think okay we may lose,but we wont get smashed like last time-that we're a good chance of taking it up to them,and rocking their boat,but an honourable loss it would be..but scary!!??

anyone think theyll step up to an awesome juggernaut level that hasnt been seen yet,and be..... scary!!?
anyone think we'll get smashed..just beaten..or we just win? (i'll be realistic and leave out the option of us smashing them)
anyone else think the pies will be scary!!??
can we conjure up some scariness too!!?
i know the match is covered elsewhere..but just cutting to the chase..
WILL WE..or WONT WE? youre thoughts on who will win, and why...

I reckon it was the distibuter who wrote that article.

Seriously, like I've said before, that guy is like a clairvoyant. Constantly pulling shit like, "look out, the Pies are going to come out breathing fire, be afraid, Pies by 80+ goals IMHO ;);)"

How could we possibly win?

1. Cox and NN dominate so we at least break even in the midfield.
  2. Our forward line takes advantage of the Pies unsettled backline, Tarrent plays with a proppy ankle, Shaw and Maxwell play poorly after long lay offs.
  3. Cloke struggles due to that knock on his knee, our back six play as a serious unit. Glass, EMac, Schofield, Hurn, Butler and Waters + A Selwood rotation.:thumbsu:
How we could lose?

1. We come up against a better team who plays a good game and have no or few injury of form issues on the day.

I reckon it was the distibuter who wrote that article.

Seriously, like I've said before, that guy is like a clairvoyant. Constantly pulling shit like, "look out, the Pies are going to come out breathing fire, be afraid, Pies by 80+ goals IMHO ;);)"

am glad someone didnt take me too seriously..i'm certainly not trembling in a state of panic and anxiety..just relaying someone elses forecasts albeit seemingly overamped!?

also apologies for hijacking the thread(since moved here)forgot there was a similar one..

but back to the issue at hand..now they say theyll exploit our talls with courage and run...and so it goes on..the prefinals spin machine.

Why we will win

1. Domination of the clearances, unlike last time when we smashed them in the hitouts and squared the clearances. Clear centre breaks with goals scored
2. Contested Marking in the forward 50, clunking in the forward line will not allow Collingwood defenders to run out of D50. Isolate the defenders 1 on 1.
3. Smarter kicking to forwards, without a true crumber we won't bomb to the forwards and will spot them on the lead
4. Use of Hurn and Butler to break their press by pinpoint passes.
5. Play on and run from half back using Embley, Gaff and Shuey
6. Perfect Accuracy at kicking for goal
7. Not allowing Pendles, Davis and Swan space to run and distribute
8. Presssure and tackling outstanding
9. Nic having a blinder on the big stage

Why we will lose

1. Opposite of all above
2. Players overawed by crowd and occasion
3. Turnovers
4. Pies defenders allowed to scrag forwards and bring the ball to ground

The boys seem confident and since our last loss to Collingwood we have lost just once more and to be honest should have been beaten easily after our first quarter against St Kilda. They have shown they play for each other and when they do that anything can happen. I've got a sneaking suspicion we are going to win. If i was asked to bet on it i wouldn't however belief is a funny thing. It makes us reach further than other think we should. Well i believe in them, and come Saturday i'll be at the G, letting every Collingwood fan know this. :thumbsu: Finals Baby!!! Bring.It.On.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M21 Row P, I'll let you know after the game.

My day in heaven:-

1) a WCE in by 1 point, with a goal after the siren from a highly suspect free kick awarded in the goal square. (Which all my mates at the game and Gieschen says on Monday shouldn't have been allowed).

2) Then turn to 774 after the game and listen to the Army bleating.....

Go Eagles, great to see you back at the G.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Collingwood: Why we'll win, why we'll lose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back