Injury Colquhoun building for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Hoon could somehow end up being the replacement for Kane Cornes when he retires we'll end up with a beauty.

Our depth has been underrated with Sammy's omission from the side last year. When fit/in form, he's next in line for a couple spots.
Safe to say he would've had a few opportunities last year if he hadn't gone down too.
Muffin's knee injury was so untimely (not that there's ever a good time for this sort of injury) as he had worked his way into some great form for the Magpies.
I agree that he definitely would have had numerous opportunities last year if he was available.

Sam Mitchell relies on the best sidestep and handball in the business, not to mention the ability to kick on either foot which is probably also AFL best. Hoon has none of this. What he can do is read the play and distribute, not dissimilar to a smaller Duffield or Hibberd. I think the accumulator status and blonde hair has got to you.

I was down at training today and wondered what Danny Butcher was doing there. Then I realised it was the Hoon with a new hairstyle.
Is Danny still a contracted Maggie player. Saw him at Alberton oval the day of the internal trial up in the Quinn stand

Sam Mitchell relies on the best sidestep and handball in the business, not to mention the ability to kick on either foot which is probably also AFL best. Hoon has none of this. What he can do is read the play and distribute, not dissimilar to a smaller Duffield or Hibberd. I think the accumulator status and blonde hair has got to you.
Yep - he's definitely a ball magnet and I hope he gets the opportunity to prove his worth.

Our depth has been underrated with Sammy's omission from the side last year. When fit/in form, he's next in line for a couple spots.
Safe to say he would've had a few opportunities last year if he hadn't gone down too.
True. When everyone outside of the club was saying we were lucky with injuries and pointing out that there was not much outside the top 27 or so, they ddid not take into account that Hoon and Redden(and Ryder) were not available to us last year. Sometimes a few small injuries can be a godsend as we have seen with Hawthorn because it means that your other players get a chance to step up.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sa...or-port-adelaide/story-fndv8s6g-1227303856955
Sam Colquhoun has faith in AFL return for Port Adelaide
PORT Adelaide’s Sam Colquhoun is allowing himself to think of a return to the AFL after a successful return to football in the club’s SANFL side.

Colquhoun, 20, was on the fringe of selection early last year before suffering season-ending knee injury in Round 7.
But the former SA MVP at the 2012 championship is growing in confidence after playing in the reserves last weekend and is confident he will soon challenge for selection with the Power.
More ..
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sa...or-port-adelaide/story-fndv8s6g-1227303856955
upload_2015-4-14_21-23-38.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/yo...nths-on-sideline/story-fndv8s6g-1227393591991
Young midfielder Sam Colquhuon returns to the Port Adelaide line-up after 21 months on sideline
SAM Colquhuon’s comeback to AFL football — with the prospect of filling Kane Cornes’ 300-game boots — starts Friday night.

After 21 months either in recovery from a serious knee injury or finding form in the SANFL, the 20-year-old midfielder returns to the Port Adelaide line-up for Friday Night Football against Geelong at Adelaide Oval.
It will be Colquhuon’s first AFL game since his run of 10 games in his debut season in 2013 ended with the Power’s exit from the major round with a Friday night loss to the Cats in the semi-final at the MCG.
Colquhuon replaces novice midfielder Karl Amon (calf) in the only change to the Power 22 who charged to a 38-point win with a six-goal last quarter against the Western Bulldogs at the Oval on Saturday.
More ....
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/yo...nths-on-sideline/story-fndv8s6g-1227393591991

True. When everyone outside of the club was saying we were lucky with injuries and pointing out that there was not much outside the top 27 or so, they ddid not take into account that Hoon and Redden(and Ryder) were not available to us last year. Sometimes a few small injuries can be a godsend as we have seen with Hawthorn because it means that your other players get a chance to step up.
And Krak

Sam Colquhoun has faith in AFL return for Port Adelaide
PORT Adelaide’s Sam Colquhoun is allowing himself to think of a return to the AFL after a successful return to football in the club’s SANFL side.

Colquhoun, 20, was on the fringe of selection early last year before suffering season-ending knee injury in Round 7.
But the former SA MVP at the 2012 championship is growing in confidence after playing in the reserves last weekend and is confident he will soon challenge for selection with the Power.
More ..
View attachment 124498

I remember a port freo game, at subi, a while back and port's defence was under siege. the only guy with composure was a young fresh hoon with all of 5 or so games under his belt.

he will be a useful player but just wish he was a few centimetres taller and a few yards faster. but I guess they said the same thing about diesel and mitchell.

need to do my job as a buddy, & give him some credit tonight. thought he held his own out there. had a few shaky disposals, but overall i thought his return wasn't bad. brilliant to end up with 20 touches of the ball. just a pure ball magnet, once he settles down after a couple of games he can start being damaging with the ball. offers a lot more than mitchell in that link man role. on ya sammy

If he was at Geelong he'd be built like Sam Mitchell now.

Looks tiny but has a great footy brain. His disposal still scares me but at least he worked his butt off last night giving an option.

If he was at Geelong he'd be built like Sam Mitchell now.

Looks tiny but has a great footy brain. His disposal still scares me but at least he worked his butt off last night giving an option.
i think that disposal will iron itself out once he gets a feel for the pace of the game again. just doesn't seemed phased on the big stage to receive the ball. i love that in a young player.

If he was at Geelong he'd be built like Sam Mitchell now..

Seriously this!
Burgess has done great with our fitness levels, but we're not playing soccer, its a contact sport and the bigger players will always push aside smaller built players.

Get these boys in the Gym ffs!!

Seriously this!
Burgess has done great with our fitness levels, but we're not playing soccer, its a contact sport and the bigger players will always push aside smaller built players.

Get these boys in the Gym ffs!!

RussellEbertHandball and I were having this discussion again as we watched Geelong rag doll us like Sydney did and wondered if anyone could learn this lesson.

REH mentioned Colquhoun specifically and said He's had a year off and what did he do in that entire time? Run.

The Hoon was a long way from our worst on fri night, and showed enough to stay in the team for next week.

Re the lack of physical size, it is a problem for numerous players on the list, getting rag dolled by geebung is bad enough, but unfortunately the game which epitomised this year was the way a team of scrubbers like the brions could throw our blokes aside like they were schoolboys.

That is the game that almost certainly f***** our season! :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back