Opinion Commentary & Media VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Digital Subscription….NOT YOU …Gerald W….but yeh thanks for over sharing whatever it is you do 😂

I know Gifo. That was the joke.

McGowan is an actual journalist unlike so many others playing in the AFL media space, he got to where he is based on talent and hard work not on who his daddy was.

Xander McGuire resembles this comment.

AFL reporters square off in fiery journo stoush in Carlton changerooms​

Bystanders in the Carlton rooms were shocked on Good Friday when a journo stoush broke out involving two news breakers. Get the details in Media Street.

Bias commentary was at the centre of an alarming journo stoush involving Channel 7’s newshound Tom Browne.

The confrontation between Browne and Marc McGowan, from the Age, happened in the Carlton changerooms after the Good Friday clash against North Melbourne.

Bystanders were shocked when Browne accosted McGowan over tweets he’d posted regarding Seven’s commentary of the previous night’s Brisbane-Collingwood game.

In particular he’d taken aim at Seven’s No. 1 caller ex-Magpie Brian Taylor.

“Can’t we just watch the game without BT telling us every second minute how close Collingwood is to getting back into this?!” McGowan tweeted.

While we’re sure BT can fight his own battles, it certainly fired up Browne who delivered a Mick Malthouse-type spray.

Eavesdroppers heard words like “bogan” and “idiot” with something along the lines of “who are you?” even thrown in.

McGowan didn’t back down, firing back just as strongly before the pair went their separate ways.

Bias is certainly a touchy subject for Browne, one of the best newsbreakers in the business, who works tirelessly to ensure he isn’t accused of that given his father Jeff is the Collingwood president.

At long last, a story involving the real stars of the game...the journos.

Bystanders in the Carlton rooms were shocked on Good Friday when a journo stoush broke out involving two news breakers. Get the details in Media Street.

Bias commentary was at the centre of an alarming journo stoush involving Channel 7’s newshound Tom Browne.

The confrontation between Browne and Marc McGowan, from the Age, happened in the Carlton changerooms after the Good Friday clash against North Melbourne.

Bystanders were shocked when Browne accosted McGowan over tweets he’d posted regarding Seven’s commentary of the previous night’s Brisbane-Collingwood game.

“Can’t we just watch the game without BT telling us every second minute how close Collingwood is to getting back into this?!” McGowan tweeted.

While we’re sure BT can fight his own battles, it certainly fired up Browne who delivered a Mick Malthouse-type spray.

Eavesdroppers heard words like “bogan” and “idiot” with something along the lines of “who are you?” even thrown in.

McGowan didn’t back down, firing back just as strongly before the pair went their separate ways.

Bias is certainly a touchy subject for Browne, one of the best newsbreakers in the business, who works tirelessly to ensure he isn’t accused of that given his father Jeff is the Collingwood president.

" Dis iz wath l'm tawking about Cwaig. If anovver cwub, besides Noth Mwelburn were hwosting dis gwame deez inthidents between journose wood not hwappen "

Footy Jounalists can't even tell the truth when talking about themselves, there is no way Tom Browne is "one of the best newsbreakers in the business", the guy is a malaria infested sewer rat.

I’m but a lowly BF Moderator mate, and my salary package is mostly centred around blow and hookers. 😉

I’ve spoken to him at the pedestrian lights a couple of times and he sounds exactly the same as he does on tv. Every comment is a declaration and every sound is of the nasal variety with that trademark whine to it.

If I did he’d certainly have my sentence set in stone within seconds. He’s stick thin and I was thinking how fortunate he was not to be facing a howling gale that day.

You know it H to h. 👍

It was one copy of each (the final remaining copies) and I’ve always bought both. The Age covers the sports off main street far better, like basketball and A-League soccer.

With both papers I don’t care for opinions printed by journalists, but for the info and quotes from those within the game/s.
Sounds like a fishing magazine :cool:

Funnily enough BT constantly referring to the non existent Collingwood comeback got us to change channels on Thursday night, was like an extremely annoying commercial that gets played over and over again.

Looking forward to the next Collingwood/ Carlton game. Taylor and JB will be fapping about their teams endlessly.

There was another game BT was calling where he tried to talk about teams being able to make a comeback because you can score quickly.
I reckon they're told by CH7 to talk up a comeback so viewers might hang around but it was trying to justify the Pies game comments without explicitly saying that lol.

There was another game BT was calling where he tried to talk about teams being able to make a comeback because you can score quickly.
I reckon they're told by CH7 to talk up a comeback so viewers might hang around but it was trying to justify the Pies game comments without explicitly saying that lol.

Absolutely

And as a home viewer this commentary distorts your pov of the game

Many times I’ve watched live and then the replay and it’s like two games

It is a worse feeling when you are the losing team

They are all instructed to keep the game alive.

NORTH MELBOURNE

Strength:
Clearances differential (+5.5) – 5th

The much-improved Kangaroos have been among the elite clearance teams in the competition under Alastair Clarkson, with Luke Davies-Uniacke (averaged 8 per game) a key part of that. Beyond Davies-Uniacke, they’ve gotten better buy in across the board, and their midfield personnel has always been a strength area with the likes of Jy Simpkin and Ben Cunnington plus emerging talents Cameron Zurhaar, Will Phillips and Tom Powell.

Question mark: Time in forward half differential (-8:16) – 18th

For all of the Kangaroos’ improved play, the ball is unfortunately living in their opponents’ forward half in an unsustainable brand if the club is to continue on its upward trajectory. It means they’ve still been constantly under constant pressure and forced to defend in an area Clarkson will hope to turn things around.

As a negative, Fox Sports included a report on the "Living My Best Life" post. Rating - Highly Negative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1659614

If we could get a pick in the late teens, early twenties for Thomas, I'd take it.
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Screenshot_20230414_121350_Samsung Internet.jpg

NORTH MELBOURNE

Strength:
Clearances differential (+5.5) – 5th

The much-improved Kangaroos have been among the elite clearance teams in the competition under Alastair Clarkson, with Luke Davies-Uniacke (averaged 8 per game) a key part of that. Beyond Davies-Uniacke, they’ve gotten better buy in across the board, and their midfield personnel has always been a strength area with the likes of Jy Simpkin and Ben Cunnington plus emerging talents Cameron Zurhaar, Will Phillips and Tom Powell.

Question mark: Time in forward half differential (-8:16) – 18th

For all of the Kangaroos’ improved play, the ball is unfortunately living in their opponents’ forward half in an unsustainable brand if the club is to continue on its upward trajectory. It means they’ve still been constantly under constant pressure and forced to defend in an area Clarkson will hope to turn things around.

As a negative, Fox Sports included a report on the "Living My Best Life" post. Rating - Highly Negative.
Can see why my man Paul Curtis has been given a spell in the 2's as the ball is coming out too easily.

My hunch is we might see a couple of weeks of boundary orientated entries to attempt to lock the ball in our front half for longer spells.

Yes indeed. Such a long and rich tradition of ... one game.

What are the odds that Gil locks away a long-term deal with SA prior to finishing up at the AFL and then (purely coincidentally) gets a post-footy gig as a "consultant" to the SA government or an overpaid seat on the board of some SA QUANGO. Nah, it would never happen.

Yes it is glaringly obvious watching the replays that some players just give it 100% for 100% of the game
Looks at Kanye and Hugh G
Curtis quite possibly cannot sustain that pressure physically just yet but really hoping he can get to that level
Powell still wanders around a bit too and I am sure that is a part of his game that gets looked at tho he is definitely laying good tackles now

What are the odds that Gil locks away a long-term deal with SA prior to finishing up at the AFL and then (purely coincidentally) gets a post-footy gig as a "consultant" to the SA government or an overpaid seat on the board of some SA QUANGO. Nah, it would never happen.

Give Tassie something. The AFL can’t keep dismissing the Tasmanian people, gather round has to be there

The **** is the point of Gather Round if its meant to be Adelaide only.

Why does it need to benefit the SA teams then if it comes at the detriment of every other team to go on the trot for yet another round when they didn't have to, to go play on poorly conditioned grounds on top of that.

Look, neat idea and all and probably makes good money but the logistics don't make sense at the end of the day and makes even less sense if you never relocate to other areas of the country. It doesn't fall in line with the idea in the first place and just reeks of backdoor business deals between the AFL and SA government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back