Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's Judas??? Taken his pieces of silver and gone?........ And not a bad exhibit for those who are never satisfied by us giving up two #1 picks.....by the season's end Duursma will be in there (should be already) and who knows maybe George too.

Interested to see what the media says when Curtin ends up playing in the midfield, which he made pretty clear that's where he wanted to play long term. Not sure Curtin or even Will Dawson could've stopped Curnow or McKay.
Whoever we drafted will take years to build their bodies to compete anywhere near those two big forwards.

And interesting Logan McDonald still hasn't signed. Which team has three 1st round picks this year? Watch that space I reckon.

After letting Mr Magoo walk out the door….

Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

Interested to see what the media says when Curtin ends up playing in the midfield, which he made pretty clear that's where he wanted to play long term. Not sure Curtin or even Will Dawson could've stopped Curnow or McKay.
Whoever we drafted will take years to build their bodies to compete anywhere near those two big forwards.

And interesting Logan McDonald still hasn't signed. Which team has three 1st round picks this year? Watch that space I reckon.
Wait, which team is that?

"After losing Ben McKay (Essendon) in the off-season, North hardly addressed their huge key defender issues and headed into the new campaign with Aidan Corr, Will Dawson, Charlie Comben, Kallan Dawson, Toby Pink and Griffin Logue
The Kangaroos had the chance to begin the regenerative process of their key back stocks at last year’s draft, but with Pick 4 opted to take talented forward Zane Duursma instead of Daniel Curtin"

How insanely stupid is it to disregard 1x first round KPD in one paragraph and then say we should've picked up a different KPD in the draft in the same article. That's without even mentioning that Dawson has looked better than Curtin so far in the ressies.

They are uninformed idiots mate - simple

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he was always an absolute certainty to go back to WA

I see sheedy is doing an exclusive with ch 7 claiming innocence …a bit of a shock to him….and stating his implementation of Dreamtime at the mcg and helping to expand the number of indigenous footballers coming to play AFL after Michael Long AS his commitments to growing and improving indigenous connections to the game…

Someone get me a bucket….🤢🤮

I see sheedy is doing an exclusive with ch 7 claiming innocence …a bit of a shock to him….and stating his implementation of Dreamtime at the mcg and helping to expand the number of indigenous footballers coming to play AFL after Michael Long AS his commitments to growing and improving indigenous connections to the game…

Someone get me a bucket….🤢🤮

I was looking at their thread about it when the story broke 2 weeks ago and even some of their own supporters were admitting the media were looking after Sheedy after Watson and Slobbo came out defending him.

#BIGCLUBPRIVELIGE

Very interesting use of words in the 7 article today re Sheedy. About as glowing a puff piece you can get considering the subject - Reading through it you'd think Sheedy is the vicitm.

"Sheedy has hired a lawyer to represent him at trial and is typically philosophical about his plight"

"Sheedy is one of the most famous figures in AFL/VFL history"

"He had an amazing stint at Essendon, coaching them from 1981 to 2007."

"Sheedy has always been seen as a visionary"

Very interesting use of words in the 7 article today re Sheedy. About as glowing a puff piece you can get considering the subject - Reading through it you'd think Sheedy is the vicitm.

"Sheedy has hired a lawyer to represent him at trial and is typically philosophical about his plight"

"Sheedy is one of the most famous figures in AFL/VFL history"

"He had an amazing stint at Essendon, coaching them from 1981 to 2007."

"Sheedy has always been seen as a visionary"

Almost like what they went with in tonight’s news piece ……it’s a coordinated push to get pro Kev news ld say..

Old Mate Marc "Lilac" McGowan is at it again, taking a leaf from his mentor Damian "Purple" Barrett's book he's banging on again about us not taking talls at the draft. FFS. Really starting to dislike this bloke.

View attachment 1947408

Where do I start with this pile of shit, I hope you are reading this feedback Marc....

1712049584613.png

Pray tell which key position players provided best available options at these picks Marc?

1712049646472.png

Well, I guess if you completely discount:

David Hale
Hamish McIntosh
Lachie Hansen
Robbie Tarrant
Sam Durdin

With a number of others actually in the first round of the national draft like Ben McKay, Aaron Black etc.

1712049820850.png

None of which picked anywhere near our selections apart from Adelaide and West Coast.

Last time I looked also, Riley Thilthorpe was a tall, Ed Allan is over 190cm, Matteus Phillipou is over 190cm, Carlton have had 1 top 20 pick in that period (Olli Hollands) and Rueben Ginbey is over 190cm.

Nice research.

1712050108371.png

So after all this waffle, the only realistic options were McDonald or DGB over Phillips and Cadman over Wardlaw or Sheezel?

Whats the decision we will regret again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back