Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to win 33 games in the next 4.5 years just to match that…

It needs to be accepted that we are rungs below how putrid they were.

No way, we are all up worse as a continuum no doubt, but cant accept rungs below. 7 wins from 08-09 (three of those single digit margins), and 10 wins 2012-2014 (four of those cheap wins against GWS and GC in their infancy). It's also worth noting that their "good" run from 2010-2011 was broken by a 31-goal loss.

They were bad man, really bad.

He got so close too. A more noble version of Delideo's tale.
I kind of felt for Deledio. 29yo, Richmond had just had a massive drop off after 3 early finals exits, there was rumblings about Harwick's future, Giants were looking on the up..... did anyone see 2017-2020 coming?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I kind of felt for Deledio. 29yo, Richmond had just had a massive drop off after 3 early finals exits, there was rumblings about Harwick's future, Giants were looking on the up..... did anyone see 2017-2020 coming?

Part of the Richmond leadership group that sledged Todd Goldstein mercilessly over his marriage break up in the 2015 Elimination Final. Net result of that was Todd playing the game of his life and Richmond losing another knockout final when they expected to be challenging for the flag. Do I feel sorry for Deledio? No. I have a mental image of him sitting forlornly in the MCG changing rooms after that game with no one talking to him.

Part of the Richmond leadership group that sledged Todd Goldstein mercilessly over his marriage break up in the 2015 Elimination Final. Net result of that was Todd playing the game of his life and Richmond losing another knockout final when they expected to be challenging for the flag. Do I feel sorry for Deledio? No. I have a mental image of him sitting forlornly in the MCG changing rooms after that game with no one talking to him.
Poor form. He was copping it from all angles at the time. I even remember seeing some non too subtle social media offerings from the now former Mrs Goldstein.

Not nice when your private life becomes public.

Poor form. He was copping it from all angles at the time. I even remember seeing some non too subtle social media offerings from the now former Mrs Goldstein.

Not nice when your private life becomes public.

Fair enough from her. Poor form from opponents, sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way, we are all up worse as a continuum no doubt, but cant accept rungs below. 7 wins from 08-09 (three of those single digit margins), and 10 wins 2012-2014 (four of those cheap wins against GWS and GC in their infancy). It's also worth noting that their "good" run from 2010-2011 was broken by a 31-goal loss.

They were bad man, really bad.
What I’d give for a single digit win.

We’d be rocking a 32 match losing streak save for the GC win.

Melbourne weren’t near that bad.

Well, Wil Dawson is training up forward again. Trained there on Tuesday as well.

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Fair enough from her. Poor form from opponents, sure.
Unpopular opinion but no great sympathy for Todd.

Yes it's personal but it's not in the sacrosanct range either.

Really felt for Kirsty in that saga. Must've been a lot of fun being lumped with 3 kids in her 20s as her trusted partner let her know that all those hours "at the office" as she held the fort were so well spent. He was lucky to get away with his 9 dicks intact.

Yeh it's nobodies business but he had his fun and copped opposition shit for it. Whatever.

Yeah, I can't say i'm thrilled about that. I see Wil and Comben being our two key defensive pillars for the future.

What could possibly go wrong.....

Oh yeah, the other dozen promising young players we have completely ****ed because we are trying to plug obvious list holes that have been around for a decade.

He got drafted as high as he did because he excelled as a defender for the last 20 odd games of last season :tearsofjoy:

He probably wouldn't have been drafted had he remained a forward.

Do these guys (including the coaches) even watch these ****ing players before they join the club?!

Well, Wil Dawson is training up forward again. Trained there on Tuesday as well.
I thought the whole point of bringing in Teakle was for him to be the second Kpp to support Larkey.

Maybe they really want to get games into Wil but because K Dawson is available there is no room for him in the backline

I thought the whole point of bringing in Teakle was for him to be the second Kpp to support Larkey.

Maybe they really want to get games into Wil but because K Dawson is available there is no room for him in the backline

So let him play as a key defender in the VFL!

He's the youngest guy in the comp, any experience against men is good for him.

He's not a ****ing forward for god sake. In doing it, we are turning a first round draft pick into a rookie pick.

Net positive for Clarko and Brady! Jesus christ...

These two ****ing idiots are destroying the club at the moment.

What could possibly go wrong.....

Oh yeah, the other dozen promising young players we have completely ****ed because we are trying to plug obvious list holes that have been around for a decade.

He got drafted as high as he did because he excelled as a defender for the last 20 odd games of last season :tearsofjoy:

He probably wouldn't have been drafted had he remained a forward.

Do these guys (including the coaches) even watch these ****ing players before they join the club?!

Exactly. I can understand with perhaps a 3rd or 4th round draft pick you might envision something different for them that may make them a better player but with 1st round draft picks, you have drafted them because they have excelled in a certain position. I would have thought that would be their default position at AFL level unless down the track it looks like it's not working out.

Wil is a defender. McKercher is a mid. McKercher imo should be playing wing initially since he has the wheels for it until he has the strength and conditioning from a few preseasons to move full time as a clearance midfielder if his form warrants it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back