Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let him play as a key defender in the VFL!

He's the youngest guy in the comp, any experience against men is good for him.

He's not a ****ing forward for god sake. In doing it, we are turning a first round draft pick into a rookie pick.

Net positive for Clarko and Brady! Jesus christ...

These two ****ing idiots are destroying the club at the moment.
No argument from me! I’m just trying to guess what their motivation could be!

I thought the whole point of bringing in Teakle was for him to be the second Kpp to support Larkey.

Maybe they really want to get games into Wil but because K Dawson is available there is no room for him in the backline
I'd say that's what it would be. Logue and Kal Dawson are back training in the backline.

We’re worried about Choms body in the forward line. Poor Will.

I get changing things during games and on training, but positional switches mid-season after a pre-season training in positions is definitely going to make some interesting viewing.

Do these guys (including the coaches) even watch these ****ing players before they join the club?!
nup, they fluked 4 premierships that pelchen actually got them by just ****ing around with blokes for shits and giggles.

Clarko is notorious for being an underachiever with no desire for success and would rather have fun watching guys struggle.

nup, they fluked 4 premierships that pelchen actually got them by just ****ing around with blokes for shits and giggles.

Clarko is notorious for being an underachiever with no desire for success and would rather have fun watching guys struggle.

3-21.

Will he beat Nobles 5-32?

For the first time over the last few weeks he's dipped below Noble's win % at NMFC.

Exactly. I can understand with perhaps a 3rd or 4th round draft pick you might envision something different for them that may make them a better player but with 1st round draft picks, you have drafted them because they have excelled in a certain position. I would have thought that would be their default position at AFL level unless down the track it looks like it's not working out.

Wil is a defender. McKercher is a mid. McKercher imo should be playing wing initially since he has the wheels for it until he has the strength and conditioning from a few preseasons to move full time as a clearance midfielder if his form warrants it.
:stares in Darcy Moore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about him?
Very high draft pick as a forward, very quickly given time forward and back, turns out to be an AA and premiership winning defender. Where they are drafted and what they did as kids doesn’t matter.

Exactly. I can understand with perhaps a 3rd or 4th round draft pick you might envision something different for them that may make them a better player but with 1st round draft picks, you have drafted them because they have excelled in a certain position. I would have thought that would be their default position at AFL level unless down the track it looks like it's not working out.

Wil is a defender. McKercher is a mid. McKercher imo should be playing wing initially since he has the wheels for it until he has the strength and conditioning from a few preseasons to move full time as a clearance midfielder if his form warrants it.
Roughead was a first round pick. He could play just about anywhere in the end. Flexiblity of position isn't a bad thing and perhaps they want Will to have the same flexibility.
They may just even want him to learn by playing on those key defenders as a forward so he can apply that as a defender.

As for McKercher, I don't think its a bad thing to learn early on the importance of winning contests and having pressure on the ball up the field so when he moves into mid/wing positions he is hopefully more accountable defensively.

Did Clarkson seem a little pissed off about the Reid comment about him not playing for North? Or am I over reading it

Well, Wil Dawson is training up forward again. Trained there on Tuesday as well.
Last season, Wil played mostly forward & ruck the first half of the season and mostly back in the second half of the season. At the draft he was considered a key position utility. Nothing wrong with giving him some exposure up there after he's had a taste down back and learned what he needs to work on over the pre-season as a defender.

If there was ever any sort of doubt …
The 2024 spoon is ours .
We are literally now 3 games behind the Tigers .
Congratulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back