Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 5? Pfftā€¦
regardless i think we have our midfield roster sorted, the defence even stacks up now, its really only the forward line that isnt settled, like on the lab Joey pointed out we waste a lot of inside 50 entries, really have to firm that up, for mine this is the work in progress still. going forward i actually have both pauly curtis and zurhaar fighting for the same middle sized dangerous but defensively accountable forward possie, zane likley comes in and plays a fruity allison kinda 3rd mobile mid sized forward and its Teakle/souva the key positions which leave room for a lidsay thomas electric crumbing type, but like i say the forward line is the least settled line at present, and even a possability that a player from outside comes in??

the forward line is really in flux and even the latest pieces have only become available since the MSD, this will be a work in progress to watch for the rest of the season and likely well into next but at least we have options now.

Last edited:

Good to know I wasnā€™t the only one annoyed we employed Roos in the first place.

All well and good to criticise him for consulting from Hawaii. Why in the world would the club agree to those terms though? And for someone who has talked a lot of shot about us over the years.

Good to know I wasnā€™t the only one annoyed we employed Roos in the first place.

All well and good to criticise him for consulting from Hawaii. Why in the world would the club agree to those terms though? And for someone who has talked a lot of shot about us over the years.

The AFL couldn't really appoint someone into us when we approached the AFL's guy and brought him on ourselves.

In fact him failing probably gave us (read that as under Sonja) some more breathing room to do things our own way.

I have little doubt with how poor we have been that there were times the AFL considered appointing people into the footy club the way they did with Melbourne.

giantroo - any chance you can get the audio up for this one? šŸ™
There wasn't a lot about North. The conversation was mainly about soccer and England in some overseas competition they are in. Sonja did squeeze in to say "It's happening" (or more precisely she mentioned that the ship is turning).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On face value the appointment intially wasnā€™t bad, especially when he was helping on match day.

What was bad was not telling him to **** off when he started dialling it in from Hawaii.

He can blame the club for Nobleā€™s failures if he likes, but at the end of the day he played a significant role in that failure by ****ing off to Hawaii and leaving a bloke who was inexperienced in AFL coaching terms to his own devices.

I would have thought he would be the one person that would be very sheepish about commenting on North given the hand he had in creating a shitshow.

Roos part at 7.30min:

"time will tell"
Fair comment, tbh.

It's not that long ago that the media was ripping into us because we should have tanked to get you know who, who was single-handedly turning the Eagles around. Now The West is campaigning to sack the coach. Wasn't Denis Pagan fond of saying "things are never as good or as bad as they seem"?

Fair comment, tbh.

It's not that long ago that the media was ripping into us because we should have tanked to get you know who, who was single-handedly turning the Eagles around. Now The West is campaigning to sack the coach. Wasn't Denis Pagan fond of saying "things are never as good or as bad as they seem"?
Eagles have gone backwards.

Fair comment, tbh.

At the front of the list to throw the boot in, was Caro, Cornes & Damo... Wood##k who wrote that piece was second off the line with his bagging and gloating over Reid... still couldn't bring himself to complete an article with a compliment... he really is his name

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back