Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

The Suns have Darwin. That’s how they got Jeffrey, Rosas etc. In the news report, the whole map of the territory was shaded in blue except for the little section around Darwin, so that may be an indication of what the AFL’s intentions are.
Hmmm, if GC keeps Darwin the proposition doesn’t look anywhere near as attractive.

You want your coach to defend the players no matter what, but you want them to use actual facts when doing it.

That was embarrassing by Bevo. Claiming Archer had him in a headlock, seriously?

Was also quick to backpedal when he claimed Weightman gets called names, and then when Robbo asked him what they were it was all "Oh, well, I'll let you look those up, ummm".

Almost looked stunned when he finished his rant about how courageous Weightman is and Robbo called him out saying "I don't think anyone ever questioned his courage".

Tassie was developed so well that a record number of draftees are now coming from there. In fact the base there is so good they’re getting a VFL team soon and their own AFL team shortly after.

Caro: “North didn’t do a very good job in developing Tassie”
That actually has very little to do with North’s NGA academy. Jeromey Webberley (ex-Richmond) has been coaching Tassie’s talent league side and doing a great job in developing talent.

Out of Tassie’s draftees last year (McKercher, Sanders, Leake and Schoenmaker) only Sanders was eligible for our NGA academy, but he opted to attend boarding school in Melbourne and played for Sandy Dragons instead of Tassie anyway.

Tarryn Thomas, Matt McGuiness and Mia King are the only NGA academy selections that I am aware of to make it on our list.

That actually has very little to do with North’s NGA academy. Jeromey Webberley (ex-Richmond) has been coaching Tassie’s talent league side and doing a great job in developing talent.

Out of Tassie’s draftees last year (McKercher, Sanders, Leake and Schoenmaker) only Sanders was eligible for our NGA academy, but he opted to attend boarding school in Melbourne and played for Sandy Dragons instead of Tassie anyway.

Tarryn Thomas, Matt McGuiness and Mia King are the only NGA academy selections that I am aware of to make it on our list.

I wouldn’t bank on that being fact.

Jack Callinan was eligible but not listed in any documentation last year.

Schoenmaker may have been a possibility also.

We just didn’t/don’t have an active academy and haven’t since Covid.

The only reason we tried to list Sanders was to pitch the AFL for priority access to him like GC received with Davies and Jeffrey.

Jack Callinan was eligible but not listed.

The only reason we tried to list sanders was to pitch the AFL for priority access to him.
Our club had SFA to do with their development then and none of them were drafted to us. I’m aware that Callinan was eligible, didn’t think Schoenmaker was though. Pretty disappointing that they let it all disintegrate during Covid and never got it operational again.

It might work for those of us that live in Darwin though. Maybe we'll get a flight that isn't a freaking red-eye.
The players, coaches and staff are not from Darwin.

There’s not many flights that aren’t a red eye making travel to and from inconvenient in a what’s a tough season as it is.

Compared to flying to Tassie, Sydney, Brisbane & Adelaide it’s a big trip. More of a commitment than Perth which is known as a tough road trip.

You want your coach to defend the players no matter what, but you want them to use actual facts when doing it.

That was embarrassing by Bevo. Claiming Archer had him in a headlock, seriously?

Was also quick to backpedal when he claimed Weightman gets called names, and then when Robbo asked him what they were it was all "Oh, well, I'll let you look those up, ummm".

Almost looked stunned when he finished his rant about how courageous Weightman is and Robbo called him out saying "I don't think anyone ever questioned his courage".
Bevo putting some mayo on it just like Cody. Coach like player.

The only reason we tried to list Sanders was to pitch the AFL for priority access to him like GC received with Davies and Jeffrey.

Was Mansell eligible for our academy?

Nobody wanted to go near Schoenmaker on behavioural grounds.

The players, coaches and staff are not from Darwin.

There’s not many flights that aren’t a red eye making travel to and from inconvenient in a what’s a tough season as it is.

Compared to flying to Tassie, Sydney, Brisbane & Adelaide it’s a big trip. More of a commitment than Perth which is known as a tough road trip.
I know it's a horrid trip. One of the worst things about living in Darwin! That's why I was suggesting that it might open up a path to non-redeye flights.

At no time did I suggest it'd be good for the club/team!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bevo was the support act on 360.

No mistake, Brad Scott was the headliner.

He couldn't get it out quick enough that the AFL contacted him this morning, yep not the other way around, to tell him that the umpires got it wrong.

Very decent of them.

He then said there was no need to talk about it any longer - and then proceeded to talk about it for the next 20 minutes and then told everyone that it impacted the result - some 45 points later, no less.

I think Bevo was fired up because he couldn't get a word in edge ways tbh.
🤣 We’re nothing if not a “broad church” with our viewpoints on BF. We’ve got every angle covered.

Caro has the DEI card up her sleeve so she can stay as long as she likes.
McClure is the definition of smarmy, he's probably still around courtesy of his dad.
Nah caros actually been a good journo at times. She's just got a massive chip on her shoulder when it comes to us

But McClure is a smug prick and reports on everything like it's the most monumental event in human history, and not just some ****ing footy admin bullshit. And tom Morris is just an all round despicable campaigner

I found this bit interesting…

The AFL did the Roos a disservice by handing them a pair of end-of-first-round picks in the 2024 draft they had to trade and were at risk of losing if they improved this year. It immediately devalued those selections,

That’s gotta be the first time anyone has admitted this. Now if they’d admit that the entirety of the compensation we have received has been terrible we can get that on official record.
We’re the only team to have recieved assistance picks that had caveats attached.

All that needs to be said.

excuse me sir but i'm potting caroline wilson here. please don't bring your 'alternative facts' into it.

this post is in regards to bevo on afl 360 last night.

absolute f right off bevo! your player ducks, dives, flops and drops his knees every chance he gets. i'll never take concussions and head trauma post footy seriously when you have players like weightman doing what he did on the weekend. he's not the only one but certainly overtaken ginnivan as the poster boy for this crap.

this post is in regards to bevo on afl 360 last night.

absolute f right off bevo! your player ducks, dives, flops and drops his knees every chance he gets. i'll never take concussions and head trauma post footy seriously when you have players like weightman doing what he did on the weekend. he's not the only one but certainly overtaken ginnivan as the poster boy for this crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back