Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

A girl I know went out with the Beast for a while. He got sent a LOT of photos of ladies who'd taken a liking to him. He couldn't understand why his GF got so upset that he kept looking at them.
I don't think they lasted very long together.
Not sure if he's sanitised his profile or not, but back in the day he followed hundreds, if not thousands, of pr0n stars on Twitter/X. It was unbelievable.

Former Roo, Eric Wallace.

Awwwww this had such potential for a fun day with this…
Half Baked Boo GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know as NMFC fans we have a multitude of media types to hate

But Sam Maclure has to be without equal as a north hater

Any opportunity he gets to belittle, s****** at or talk down NMFC he jumps at

I am a pretty chill bloke in his 50s

But that campaigner makes me want to do really nasty things to him
I listen to a fair bit of podcasts and always on the lookout for new ones. I discovered "Tradies" yesterday.
Coincidentally the very first pod was a 15 min Sam Mclure whinge session about North.

Apparently being given NT zone is "another leg up" for North... but failed to mention what we're losing is valued better.
"Record number of assistance picks"... but failed to mention they were all over 20.
"Coach being paid over a million"

It went on and on going back to Brad Scott and rebuilds lol

"Self made disaster"... blah blah ... Delete > unfollow > bye

Last edited:
I listen to a fair bit of podcasts and always on the lookout for new ones. I discovered "Tradies" yesterday.
Coincidentally the very first pod was a 15 min Sam Mclure whinge session about North.

Apparently being given NT zone is "another leg up" for North... but failed to mention what we're losing is valued better.
"Record number of assistance picks"... but failed to mention they were all over 20.
"Coach being paid over a million"

It went on and on going back to Brad Scott and rebuilds lol

"Self made disaster"... blah blah ... Delete > unfollow > bye
I tried it a while back, Mitch Cleary just enables the cretin.

Unlistenable.

I tried it a while back, Mitch Cleary just enables the cretin.

Unlistenable.
It's a pantomime, pure and simple. Sam McClure would not believe one single word he says it's all for show. Mitch plays the straight guy and sets him up it's nauseating how scripted it is.

I'm not saying this to defend Sam McClure, who is a definite grub and bad at his job.

Howeverrrrrrrr...

He wasn't far off on his Harley Reid reporting.

There was a very real possibility he would stay in Victoria and politely/professionally make it known to West Coast they shouldn't draft him.

Legitimately the word that was passed on to me from footy people in the region is that the Reid camp saw the backlash and reputational damage that JHF went under last year and decided not to go down that path.

But it was a very real thing that was considered.

EDIT: just to clarify, it was nothing personal against West Coast at all. It was genuinely about being an incredibly tight-knit family, and having close-family members going through health issues etc etc.

Last edited:
I'm not saying this to defend Sam McClure, who is a definite grub and bad at his job.

Howeverrrrrrrr...

He wasn't far off on his Harley Reid reporting.

There was a very real possibility he would stay in Victoria and politely/professionally make it known to West Coast they shouldn't draft him.

Legitimately the word that was passed on to me from footy people in the region is that the Reid camp saw the backlash and reputational damage that JHF went under last year and decided not to go down that path.

But it was a very real thing that was considered.

EDIT: just to clarify, it was nothing personal against West Coast at all. It was genuinely about being an incredibly tight-knit family, and having close-family members going through health issues etc etc.

That would tie in with what another poster mentioned about the excitement in the Reid camp when WC beat Footscray to momentarily climb off the bottom….

McClure is by some distance the worst. Which is really saying something.

Got into the industry through contacts not content. Displays no discernible talent either as a writer or presenter. Doesn't break news. Either reports opinion as fact (Dusty can't be at Richmond), or guess work as news (Reid wont go to West Coast). Revels in clickbait controversy. Gets schooled when engaging in debate. Knowledge of football not noticeably higher than the audience. Lacks charisma or personality. Seems more interested in his own brand over covering the game properly.

He ticks precisely zero boxes.

Last edited:

Got into the industry through contacts not content. Displays no discernible talent either as a writer or presenter. Doesn't break news. Either reports opinion as fact (Dusty can't be at Richmond), or guess work as news (Reid wont go to West Coast). Revels in clickbait controversy. Gets schooled when engaging in debate. Knowledge of football not noticeably higher than the audience. Lacks charisma or personality. Seems more interested in his own brand over covering the game properly.

That's all of them.

Right On Yes GIF by Christopher Pindling

Great post

That's all of them.

No. Caro at least understands how the footy industry works. Robbo shows a care for the game. Corn knows how the game is played. Ralph doesn't come across like an arsehat. There are plenty who tick one box. Not many who tick most boxes. McClure ticks none.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back